Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MERGED x 3:Coach Gibbs to Connect With Fans Again!

skinsfan12

Just about over. Announcers asking a stupid question about what he not want to see, 190 MPH race car coming around the track or Lavar coming across the middle. What a waste of a question. Last comments by coach.

Gibbs - Dan is a terrific owner, a lot of character. Thanking fans and station for letting him come on show.

Originally posted by Fred Jones

Question - will go downfield a lot this year, draft.

Gibbs - yes go downfield players, added two downfield players will go downfield more have more speed. More speed with Moss and other guy.

Draft, WR, CB, lots of players, right now hard to say, but might take the best player available at the pick.

Best Available Player..........that is going to be my new tatoo.

:laugh:

Blondie

Originally posted by Chris 44

Train wreck? So whats he saying?

Sorry I didn't have time to go into detail. I had to run to a meeting. My intention was to bump the thread to remind people that Gibbs was on the air.

Thanks to everyone who helped keep those of us who missed all or part of it in the loop.

I was able to listen to Tony K.

He is on right now rambling with is co-announcer. Tony K talking about Gibbs coming on. He is saying that he is the only on in town that doesn't care that C. Brown maybe coming to the skins. His co-announcer say he will spend an hour asking Gibbs about Brown.

Ok, for some reason I lost the extremeskins connection.

I was typing as fast as I can and here is what I have, sorry for the grammatical erros:

Tony – Why did you leave?

Gibbs – Missed one son playing football at college. Little of what else is there to do. Won some SB’s, now what else is there to do. Family things, spend more time with family. Getting into motorsports. Taking 3 ½ months to come to decision.

Tony – Why did you come back?

Gibbs – 11 years went by and never entered my mind. Wife would say, you will never go back. One day, son Coy came and said he wasn’t happy. He was only happy coaching football. That started it. One thing after another starting happening. Talked to wife Pat about coming back to coaching. Pat said “you are going to ruin your name”. Long process to work out. Spent about 2 ½ days with Dan about coming back. Wasn’t about the money.

Tony – Why go back to the skins.

Gibbs – Never could go someplace else, would be turning his back on the team and fans and friends. To much invested in the team. Felt like he was a Redskin, how could I be somebody else.

Tony – Why would he come back, if you fail, you tarnish your legacy.

Gibbs – Laughing and joking. The worst thing in life would be to say I am afraid to not try it. Afraid years later that I would regret not trying to come back. The NFL changes 30% a year and he has been out 12 years. Human nature does not change. Getting the right people in pro sports, not xxx’s and ooo’s.

Tony – In your mind, is this first year a learning year, a learning curve.

Gibbs – Motivated by the fact that they were saying, media, that he would not succeed. He accepts losing last season. He accepts the blame. However, feels like this is where he should be, where God says he should be.

Tony – Some reporter in NC, reported that he wasn’t going to stay five years and will return back to NASCAR.

Gibbs – Motorsports exactly like football. Competitive sports, money, competitive people. QB’s here, drivers there, even the number of people is similar. Says that motorsports is very similar. Talking about players and motorsports team guys taking coffee from Redskins park and his NASCAR team facility. Saying the people are the same. Said he was joking down in NASCAR about not staying five years.

Talked about a player taking his coffee from Redskins while he was sleeping there. Said the player was making 600K at the time and could afford to buy his own coffee. Said the same thing happened while he was running his NASCAR team. Someone on the team did the same thing. Saying people are people.

Tony - A lot has changed since you left. Wilbon and I have become famous. Most people in this City are disappointed so far this offseason about what has gone on. Are you disappointed.

Gibbs - Very disappointed that we lost Smoot and Pierce. Gibbs want to make this the most stable organization in football. Doesn't want to lose anyone that plays well for him. Has a commitment that he will pay any player as much as he can that plays hard for the team. Saying the player has to make the decision. 14 players said yes and two said no. He never wants to have that happen again.

Tony - Did you take that personally

Gibbs - Everyone was unhappy.

Archived