Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MERGED x 3:Coach Gibbs to Connect With Fans Again!

skinsfan12

Gibbs - Not happy about Sal Cap, but have to work around it. Don't completely understand cap, but you can't go overboard with one player, affects other players.

Tony - Coles Hit

Gibbs - Coles different situation, didn't lose Smoot/Pierce because of Coles cap situation. LC situation, Gibbs feels bad about it, that he couldn't work it out. LC said after the season ended that he wanted to be traded. Gibbs said,at the time,to Coles either he can't be traded or find value. The Jets came to the skins and offered Moss so allowed skins to deal him. Talked about Moss contract, but didn't get it.

Tony - Offensive genius, yet didn't score points.

Gibbs - Biggest problem was not getting big chunks in passing game, didn't get ball down field.

If we add 7 more points last season we win games so need to put more points on the board.

Brunell about staying with him to long, Gibbs kind of danced around the answer, political. Says that he can still play.

Remember Bufford, he has a totally different perspective of what Brunell did well and what he didn't do well.

To him, its more then just comleting passes.

Overall, I don't think Coach has ever said that Brunell didn't deserve to be pulled, but he also doesn't want everyone thinking that it was all his fault and that is the reason we lost so many games in the begining of the year.

Fans have a tendency to really ride one aspect or another as the sole reason instead of understanding how intertwined all of the play is on the field.

Me, I thought Brunell should of been pulled in the Lions game. So I thought he took alittle to long to do that.

Originally posted by bubba9497

why?

if something happens to PR he's the qb. what's Joe supposed to say?..... he's a crappy qb?

come on

you say...." we're fortunate to have Mark backing up Patrick incase something happens"

the way he sound like Brunell could go back if Patrick struggles a lot less than he did.

Originally posted by Paydirt

Joe said the whole offense didn't start playing better until the second half of the season, which is why Brunell appeared to struggle so much.

He also said that Patrick played a part of the O playing better.

Archived