Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When the Cowboys scored the game winning TD

fuji869

I guess I should be happy that Im stationed in Japan and missed the game. These games used to really piss me off every sunday when I lived in Virginia from 2000-2003. All I have to do is check this board and within 5 seconds I can tell if we won or not by the thread titles.

The bright side I guess is that even if we won we were eliminated from the playoffs and we will pick in the top 5 again.

Well, I have to say that I pretty much expected it. I was watching with 30 secs left, and my wife goes "well..looks like they finally broke the curse"... and about that time Vinny goes Peyton Manning on our asses. Not angry...was totally expecting it.

First I was shocked.

Then I was angry.

I almost punched a hole in the wall of my Redskin room, but I didn't :doh:

I was saying to myself at the 2 minute warning that after all the help from the Refs ( all the non-holding calls and the Refs adding a foot or 2 to where the ball really should have been spoted to help the Cowboys get a first down many times) we were going to win this game, and then............................BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have expected it again, but I truly thought that there was no way we were going to lose it at the very end.

How can the true Redskins fan (as we all are obviously for spending time reacting here) be shocked?! Man, stuff just goes wrong against the helmet with the Star. I was so p*ssed our awesome Defense just let it happen this time. Also, as much as we can all criticize Gibbs, in the moment he was probably thinking the same thing we all were...to let the D win the game but they couldn't stop a 4th and 10 on that final drive leading to the final disgusting play...

I was definitly in shocked, but the postitive person that I am said we still have 30 seconds remaining. Maybe we can get in field goal range. However when we had 5 seconds left and brought Chandler in, I knew we had lost the game.

We had 1 timeout remaining, we should have tried a quick out for 10 more yards to get in Chanler's range.

I swear on a stack of bibles that there was absolutely no shock whatsoever. It was inevitable from the moment we didn't get a first down on our last possession. I knew for sure when we punted that there was an eternity left in the game and not getting the first down was going to come back and haunt us.

The time to be conservative was when Dallas had no time-outs left and punted to us. Fair catch? Game over. But no.

:helmet: I was PISSED......yes a 4th generation fan.....(great g-ma started us out! RIP) But what the hell was going on.....First of all we should have been up 14-6 at the half, and Dallas should have never goten the ball back, it was hard to watch us not convert to a first down not once but twice to keep control and win the game.

I agree I wanted to go HULK on my house as well.....My new puppy named COLES was sooo confused when i would yell "GO COLES GO" or "DAMN IT COLES" poor thing was looking at me like I was crazy...........A sad way to end, and it makes it even harder that my office is in the middle of two Dallas fans, after all the crap I talked on Thursday.......Sad, Sad ending......

We have talent, we need to use it together as a team, in my opinion we need to get rid of Danny-Boy........

I will stand by the SKINS, I will wear my gear proud and I will continue to be a loyal fan. :helmet:

COLES80GURL

I had a bad feeling once we allowed that 15 yd completion on 4th & 10.....thats when I thought we were gonna blow it.

We played "Prevent Defense"....which ALWAYS prevents you from winning.

Honestly though I was angered...if I wasnt so angered I probably would have cried (honestly)...but now the anger is gone and the embarrasement has set in...its gonna be a long offseason this year (extremely long)...the last loss that had the similar effect/feeling for me was the Thanksgiving day loss 3 yrs ago.

Its just fate for some reason....they havent beaten very many teams besides us in the last few years.

I think our guys kind of already thought the game was over...and had conceeded it as a win...I sort of did too until they converted that 4th & 10.

Whats sad is that I dont see us improving much next year, just dont. Im a fan till I die but that doesnt mean that I think our team is #1, the greatest, the best, amazing etc...

Our Defense is legit PERIOD. Besides that our offense (scheme included) needs something done... I dont know but its too bland, too conservative & far too predictable.

This really sucks!!!!! I couldnt sleep last night and wanted to call in sick today but its a short week so I had to come in.

This offseason is going to be 1 day after another of re-living yesterday...the ONLY way to get this out of my system will be when we play them next year....then & only then will I feel better about this. I dont care if we beat the Eagles and Giants to start the season...it wont take the sting out of yesterdays loss.

Absolute and total shock for me. Everyone knew the Cowboys would go for a deep pass...that's the only chance they had to win the game. I was shocked to see the aggressive blitzing stop when we so obviously had Vinnie on the ropes. I was shocked at the coverage that was called (and I don't buy the "we were out of cornerbacks" statement). I was shocked speechless to see a WR get behind our defense and catch the touchdown. I'm still in shock today.

Mine was a little anger and A LOT of "there it is!!!"

The reason being, we always give something like that up to the Cowboys. I was waiting for that play all game. When it wasn't the dropped pass/INT in the first quarter, or the Antonio Brown fumble, or the 4th down conversions by the Cowboys....it HAD to be that play. Something always happens, it's so typical.

Anger. I can't be shocked when I know what's going to happen. I was angry because all of my suspicions about how the game would transpire were confirmed.

I then got angrier when my wife laughed at my reaction.

And I was at my angriest when I heard Daryl Johnston's voice (I normally like him as a broadcaster, but I can't stand him if he's doing a Cowboys game).

Originally posted by skins0128

Sadly, my response was what happens after the past decade of these games.

I said a lone word, "typical".

yep. seriously. thats actually what i said- in fact, i almost expected them to blow it, because thats what they have done. to think they would have pulled out a game that most team will win 99 out of 100 times was to go against what history has taught me.

sad, but true.

My first reaction was heartache and depression. "How could this happen yet again GO*D***IT!!!!!" Was what I was thinking. Then as what happened sunk in, I got more and more angry.

The worst part is I got to live the play twice in a matter of 5 seconds. WJFK's radio call was a few secs. ahead of the TV so I had the "great fortune" to listen to the radio call and the crowd cheering and then see it happen.:puke:

I was too young to remember the Clint Longely play, but I now know how Skins fans of that time felt. This one is going to hurt for a long time.:(

Originally posted by Fred21Smoot

More of shock. Like how could this happen? Not really anger. And even now im not mad. Just upset.

I agree. I'm not mad, never really was. I felt like throwing up & I'm still kinda in that state of "what just happened?".

:whoknows:

:dallasuck

Originally posted by vegeta613

Anger

It didn't Shock me it was sad

It was if I almost expected it to happen

I just smiled put my head down and thought about how im going to have to listen to these dallas fans brag about sweeping us for the next 8 months

Same deal here....although I did want to punch a hole in my wall, and I'm about as non-viloent as they get.

It was anger...definitely. No shock at all...I guess I've come to expect these things after the last dozen years or so....

When Dallas converted on the 4th and 10 I said to my wife...there it goes...we're going to find a way to lose this one. When they scored I said "F%$K" and walked out of the room.

Originally posted by COLES80GURL

:helmet: I was PISSED......yes a 4th generation fan.....(great g-ma started us out! RIP) But what the hell was going on.....First of all we should have been up 14-6 at the half, and Dallas should have never goten the ball back, it was hard to watch us not convert to a first down not once but twice to keep control and win the game.

I agree I wanted to go HULK on my house as well.....My new puppy named COLES was sooo confused when i would yell "GO COLES GO" or "DAMN IT COLES" poor thing was looking at me like I was crazy...........A sad way to end, and it makes it even harder that my office is in the middle of two Dallas fans, after all the crap I talked on Thursday.......Sad, Sad ending......

We have talent, we need to use it together as a team, in my opinion we need to get rid of Danny-Boy........

I will stand by the SKINS, I will wear my gear proud and I will continue to be a loyal fan. :helmet:

COLES80GURL

How does getting rid of Danny-Boy solve any of our problems? And how do we accomplish something like that? (Not that I am actually looking for an answer here-I am one of the few who actually like Snyder.

I also have to work with a Dall-AZZ fan that I talked smack to minutes before the game started. I have to work with his sorry azz today. Oh goodie. :rolleyes:

:dallasuck

I was shocked. My jaw hit the floor and tears started forming in my eyes. I think I am actually starting to believe in the "curse". I was at the game with my friend who is a Colts fan and he was like "oh yea, Skins got this one". Do you want to know the sad thing about that?

I swear, and I put this on everything that when my friend said that, something along the lines of this came out of my mouth: "Man, watch the Cowboys win this. They ALWAYS find a way to beat us. Its like a curse or something". I was optimistic at the time I said that, BTW. He didnt believe me when I said it. People were leaving the stadium for Christ's sakes:doh: My initial shock turned into rage after the clock hit 0. The only thing that kept me from totally losing it was my autographs from Portis and Washington, and meeting of Cooley and Ramsey.

Archived