Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When the Cowboys scored the game winning TD

fuji869

I clenched my hands, yelled at the TV, stood up, muttered something incomprehensible, screamed something that would have startled an animal (or anyone that would have been present), kicked a nearby object...then smoked a cigarette and shook my head for about five minutes.

I couldn't watch the game so I was furiously hitting refresh on the Extremeskins game thread.

I think the first thread I seen of impending danger was simply "NOOOOOOOOOOO".

I thought, "No way they scored a TD...." I scrolled down and a few posters confirmed it.

Honestly, I wasn't happy or sad. Just in disbelief.

I was shocked. Adrenaline started to flow through my body when the guy caught it, but I didn't move a muscle. I had the look of horror on my face, like I just saw a ghost.

The throw to Lavernius popped me up out of the chair, but I knew it was too far for our kicker to kick. He kicked it, and it looked straight...but it died about halfway to the goalpost...I turned it off before it landed. Still in disbelief right now.

Silence.

Just silence.

However, as much as I hate and despise the Cowboys I have moved on. Somehow I have.

Its incredible. But as we all know football is just a diversion. We are all incredibly passionate about this diversion based on how much we talk about it, but it is just that.

Bigger things to worry about. Other things that bring me down.

But I was still in stunned silence

Shock...I really felt almost no emotion. It was too stunning. I bent forward and covered my wide open mouth with my hand. A tear almost ran down my cheek. It probably looked like I just witnessed a murder.

But you know what? Being the eternal optimist that I am, this is just another feather we can put in our hat as "the long-suffering Redskins fans". We'll be talking about this ending for years to come, and perhaps we can forge an identiy out of our futility against the Cowboys! Worked out well enough for the Red Sox.

Archived