Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Playoff Picture:

Originally posted by laurent

If we end up playing a meaningful game against the Vikings I'm going to be out at FedEx Field cheering my behind off.

I think we should have a special extremeskins tailgate just for this occassion.

and I'll be in DC for the game!

:dallasuck

Just imagine of either the Dallas or Green Bay game hadn't been ripped from us, hell even the Philly game for that matter. Anyhow it sure is nice to still have something to play for. A very special THANK YOU to Joe Gibbs and Co. for keeping all of our guys playing hard and not quitting like they did in the past. Props should go to the players as well IMO.

In or not Dallas Week is back!!!!!

But if we do win out its this simple

4 point spread favoriots win next week

Bengals

Eagles

Bucs @ home

Falcons

If the Saints and Panthers both win we would be eliminated because 1 team will win the next week and go 8 and 8

The only thing that scares me is the Falcons have locked up the # 2 spot and really have nothing to play for.

Think about this what if everything above happens except the Giants beat the bengals and we win our last two.

We would be the biggest Cowboys fans on the planet for 1 week.

Remember the last time we needed a Cowboys win to make the playoffs. The got shutout in Sanfran by like 30 points.

Originally posted by michael powell

why are some posters saying Giants need to lose? Thye are 5 and 9--best they can do is 7 and 9. In that case we each won 1 game against the other, the next tie-breaker is conference record, and in that case we have the better NFC conference record. Someone please explain what I'm missing.

The tiebreaker against teams in your own division is the division record, so the Giants are ahead of us on that one.

Originally posted by michael powell

why are some posters saying Giants need to lose? Thye are 5 and 9--best they can do is 7 and 9. In that case we each won 1 game against the other, the next tie-breaker is conference record, and in that case we have the better NFC conference record. Someone please explain what I'm missing.

The next tie breaker between the Skins and the Giants would be division record, not conference record. If the Giants end up 7-9, they'll have a better division record than the Skins. They'd be 3-3 as where the Skins would be 2-4.

I like these threads,

Here's the BUT though......

If we make the playoffs (and win)...we have to end up in Philly.

Let's say we beat the Eagles (it's possible-- Eagles fans don't respond to this post, I'm talking hypothetical not reality).

We'll have to face either the Steelers, Patriots or Colts.

The NFC isn't winning a SuperBowl this year.

If we don't go to the playoffs...

I think we sneak up on alot of teams in 2005.

I just did some research. Besides our game vs. Dallas, Carolina vs. Tampa Bay is the biggest game. Their last meeting, Tampa Bay outplayed Carolina. They racked up 398 yards of offense, Brian Griese had a excellent game. Carolina won 21-14 because of 3 turnovers, and 3 Gramatica missed FG's. (He's gone now) That game was in Carolina. Both team's are coming off crushing defeats, especially Carolina. The Bucs at home, if they minimize mistakes, I believe have the edge in this game.

Updated...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace

NFC

Seed Team Record

1 Philadelphia (East Champions) 13-1

2 Atlanta (South Champions) 11-3

3 Green Bay (North Champions) 8-6

4 Seattle (West Champions) 7-7

5 Minnesota (Wild Card) 8-6

6 Carolina (Wild Card) 6-8

New Orleans 6-8

St. Louis 6-8

Tampa Bay 5-9

Detroit 5-9

Chicago 5-9

Arizona 5-9

N.Y. Giants 5-9

Dallas 5-9

Washington 5-9

right now we're last but next week we can do some major climbing if the giants lose and we beat the cowboys

Originally posted by Matador36

Updated...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace

NFC

Seed Team Record

1 Philadelphia (East Champions) 13-1

2 Atlanta (South Champions) 11-3

3 Green Bay (North Champions) 8-6

4 Seattle (West Champions) 7-7

5 Minnesota (Wild Card) 8-6

New Orleans 6-8

St. Louis 6-8

Tampa Bay 5-9

Detroit 5-9

Chicago 5-9

Arizona 5-9

N.Y. Giants 5-9

Dallas 5-9

Washington 5-9

right now we're last but next week we can do some major climbing if the giants lose and we beat the cowboys

umm...were not last...all these football sites are wrong and it makes me mad...i believe it should look like this:

New Orleans 6-8

St. Louis 6-8

N.Y. Giants 5-9

Dallas 5-9

Washington 5-9

Tampa Bay 5-9

Detroit 5-9

Chicago 5-9

Arizona 5-9

Originally posted by KDawg

As much as I'd love to go to the playoffs...

Even I have to admit that if we make it, it's really sad for the NFC... Really... really sad.

Who cares, How many times did Gibbs miss the playoffs sitting in the 6th spot in the conference.

81 8 and 8

85 10 - 6

89 10-6

It would be sweet justice!!!!!!

Originally posted by bricucci

Who cares, How many times did Gibbs miss the playoffs sitting in the 6th spot in the conference.

81 8 and 8

85 10 - 6

89 10-6

It would be sweet justice!!!!!!

Don't misread my post. I'd LOVE to be in the playoffs, I honestly feel would could make some noise...

But any 7-9 team making the playoffs to me is a sad state of affairs.

Archived