Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I crazy for being excited for next week and the rest of the season?

NoCalMike

I know our chances of winning the next two games are very slim, however now that Ramsey seems the likely starter, I am excited at the possibility that we might finally see Patrick Ramsey grow, mature, get better, become confident, learn and be EFFICIENT in a Joe Gibbs offense. There is only so much you can learn by taking 10%(or less) of the snaps with the starters in practice. If Joe Gibbs is truly behind watching Ramsey makes his young QB/new offense mistakes and is more interested in what Ramsey will bring next season and for seasons to come, I think that the rest of THIS SEASON might actually turn out FUN TO WATCH despite the possibilty of only winning a few more games. Wow, I dunno what is wrong with me, and if it will wear off in the morning, but I am just excited now for the rest of the season!!

:point2sky

I was very excited when PR finally got into the game. However, I don't really feel good about him having his first start of the season against Philly. I just think that puts him into a situation when he has a chance to fail. However, he is going to have the luxury of handing it off to Portis a lot more next week. I am very anxious to see how the changes during this week.

I think we have a legitimate shot at beating the Eagles. Their Run D is just horrendous, we just need to come out and est. the run game, once we do that and they stack the box, hit them in the mouth with a PA pass. Then from there, the whole Playbook is an option. We just need Sean Taylor to step up and take on T.O, and Antonio Pierce needs to make sure McNass doesnt get out of the pocket.

If Portis goes for 200, Ramsey may only have to throw the ball 8-10 times.

Seriously though. This Eagles defense is one that Ramsey has faced before, it isn't exactly like he is going to be a rookie going into this game blindy with his head in the clouds. Ramsey has actually done decent against the Eagles in the past.

Originally posted by just skins baby

With just a threat of a passing game, we could probably show Philly a better game than with Brunell in there. Maybe it is just wishful thinking.

Also didn't Ramsey put up good numbers last year at Philly before he got hurt?

He's played them twice.

Last year:

25/50 271 1TD 2INTs

2 years ago:

23/35 213 3TDs 0Int

50 passes. Spurrier was feeling it that day.

I am just happy I don't have to watch Brunell anymore. Which means he should put in the number three QB spot.

Ramsey does bring hope, but he still needs to prove he can read NFL defenses. I just hope the Oline gives him some time in the next couple of weeks. Pittsburgh has one of the best Defenses in the league. Philly is always tough and thier D always causes havic to opposing teams QBs.

I don't know how you guys can feel too, too excited over this but take a step back for a sec. Even if there is someone in there who can now throw the ball, it doesn't take care of the penalties or the problems on the OL.

Can we win the next two? Anyone can. Will we? Doubtful, regardless the QB situation.

Nick

I'm very optimistic about seeing Ramsey possibly being able to play "downhill" vs. a team.

He's come into two games this year: down by 13 and down by 17. It'll be interesting to see how he plays when we have a threat of a running game and he can take advantage of playaction passes.

I think he'll be an improvement but he'll continue to make some mistakes and learn...and that's OK. Better to have a young, promising QB make these mistakes than an over-the-hill one.

NoCalMike: To answer your question: No, I don't think you're crazy for being excited. I'm excited for the rest of the season too.

At this point, given that almost no one credible thinks that we are on par with the teams that we are about to play, I'm not really concerned with whether or not we win these two games. All I'm really looking for is a solid defensive effort and a good showing by Ramsey. That's it. If we win that'll be the "cake-and-eating-it-too." No blowouts, unless we're the beneficiary of one, and a solid, not incredible, offensive showing. That's really all I want.

You know, i really wish we would have won this game against Cincy, but now im a little relieve cause the Ramsey hype is just about dead. We got our wish in the 1st half, and Ramsey can go in with diminished hype and can go do his job.

Ramsey will throw for a lot more yds, and have more TD's than Brunell, but he will throw more picks. With a top 10 defense i think we have a legitamate shot at beating the eagles. Ramsey is giving us the average/above average offense we needed to be sucessful throughout the season, and we'll have it for the eagles game. If we lose, it wont be week 17 of 2003, but we have a shot for the win.

As a passing offense, we will probably throw for more yards. Ramsey passes are also alot better to stomach than those of Brunell's.

My fear is that with teams such as Pittsburge and Philly on the schedule, Ramsey is going to see alot of blitzing and given the state of this team's offensive line, we could struggle a bit.

However, at this point, it's better to at least gain some grasp as to what the team has in Patrick Ramsey.

I a word ... yes. We now move into the difficult part of the season with a qb that has had, and will have, precious little preparation with the starting offense. If the change had been made during the bye week then I would feel better going into this stretch. At Philly, at Pittsburgh is tough enough for the best team in the league. Do we have a better chance now than with Brunell in the game? Absolutely! Are we going to be improved enough to compete with the NFL's elite? Sadly no.

Archived