Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's Sick of the Political Threads??

RonJeremy

I am personally sick of all the political threads and the bickering going on lately. The Mods have even put a thread up recently about this topic and yet the threads continue.

I don't even read the threads anymore. I don't consider myself Un-American but IMO it is getting ridicilous. I can't wait for the election to be over. Then again, after the next President is elected, they will be fighting about why the wrong person or right person was elected...it will never end. :mad:

I used to spend more time in the tailgate but this whole trend is turning me OFF!! Am I alone here with this thought??

Originally posted by Cskin

Just another soft "dove-like" bleeding heart liberal. Get out of here.... go on! :D

Actually quite the contrary...:laugh:

I just don't think I am going to change anyone's mind on who they vote for. I am going to vote for who I want and I don't care who other people vote for...none of my business...and I "ain't" gonna convert anyone to my beliefs!!

Two more months.:)

Everyone knows Bush has more specific plans than Kerry anyway. All his promises won't come to fruition, bu atleast he has specfic goals outlined. John Kerry has nothing but general vague ideas on what he could do. Visit their partisan biased sites and look at the vast difference between their plans for America. Then ban me because I posted about politics in an anti political topic.:D

Originally posted by RonJeremy

I am personally sick of all the political threads and the bickering going on lately. The Mods have even put a thread up recently about this topic and yet the threads continue.

I read the mods thread as a call to tone down the name calling and senseless rhetoric vice a condemnation of the political threads altogether.

i tihnk political discussion is important for people who care about politics. Especially now, considering that the election is a few months away. I personally have a hard time finding people who are willing to talk politics in person, but the ones that i do i find are quite similar to the people on this site. I've never been interested in politics until the last couple of months, i guess somsething about the current situation bit me the wrong way and lit a political fire under my ass. I think that if the tone of political debate/conversation between the 2 sides that have erupted in this country will change when our leaders start talking about the things we care about truthfully, and i'm referring to both sides here, both are out of line and both mislead and lie and namecall.v In about 6 months I've not had a single view of mine changed by anybody, because i can't think of too many instances where people have used logic and solid reasoning to illustrate a point.

The one thing that I want to hear about from Bush is about the BS that has transpired at the FCC, and what he plans to do with that after elected, who he will put in as the new head. I'vbe read newspaper articles stating who the likely appointees are, and a bio on the most liely candidate, but I want to hear it from Bush, that whole super bowl fiasco was a huge deal in our contry, but all i hear about is Iraq, not even the taliban. Kerry's position on the topic would be nice too, but I guess good luck with that, right? Like I said, we need honesty from the higher-ups about the issues that affect the daily lives of americans, then the tone of discussion will change.

Originally posted by steveskins

Two more months.:)

Everyone knows Bush has more specific plans than Kerry anyway. All his promises won't come to fruition, bu atleast he has specfic goals outlined. John Kerry has nothing but general vague ideas on what he could do. Visit their partisan biased sites and look at the vast difference between their plans for America. Then ban me because I posted about politics in an anti political topic.:D

Dude, this thread was specifically against political threads, and you start ranting about politics? It's just like you right-wing conservative, Bush loving Republicans to start a political fight. After all, 9/11 was Bush's fault, Iraq never had any weapons (they use spitballs), and Bush snorts cocaine w/ Michael Irvin while his wife smokes doobage w/ Ricky in the oval office. Why do people like you always have to state your political views, even in a thread that is not supposed to be political????

(end of sarcasm);)

Originally posted by Kilmer17

I hate that we are forced to read them.

If we could just change things a bit so we could SKIP OVER the threads we dont want to read, all would be fine.

I hate that I'm forced to read Kilmer's posts.

But if I could just change things a bit so I could IGNORE the idiotic posts that hurt me to read, all would be fine.

The 2 presidental candidates are in a pi$$ing match. They're bringing up subjects that doesn't matter much, to me. I don't really care who did what in a war many years ago. It means nothing now. What matters to me is "What are your presidential plans for the next 4 years?" That is it.

I'de have alot of respect for a candidate that took the negative press from his opponent without creating any of his own. That person would get my vote.

Originally posted by Cskin

Also... most of the political threads become increasingly vitriol when Destino posts in them.... so I suggest he be banned immediately. :D

I agree. He even, on occasion, has the nerve to post well thought out ideas and insightful replies. Then, when I disagree with them, he doesn't even attack me personally!!!! The freaking nerve of some people!

Fortunately, football has started so much of the vitriol we've seen in the political posts is probably the result of a football-related stress syndrome which will hopefully abate for the next 5 months. Every week, we can now spit our venom against trash-talking fans of other teams or attack Pastabelly for his latest anti-Redskin rant (like why the 5-0 Redskins will not make the playoffs).

Of course the politcal threads will not dry up. The attack pieces may go away but whoever looses will be talking about what fools voters are or hatching various conspiracy theories while those whose guy wins will be telling the loosers to stop whinning (even though their case may be valid). Oh well....

Archived