Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's Sick of the Political Threads??

RonJeremy

Originally posted by herrmag

Dude, this thread was specifically against political threads, and you start ranting about politics? It's just like you right-wing conservative, Bush loving Republicans to start a political fight. After all, 9/11 was Bush's fault, Iraq never had any weapons (they use spitballs), and Bush snorts cocaine w/ Michael Irvin while his wife smokes doobage w/ Ricky in the oval office. Why do people like you always have to state your political views, even in a thread that is not supposed to be political????

(end of sarcasm);)

:laugh:

Atleast I'm not like all you left wing tree hugger pot smoking enviormentalists who have pacifist spirits and wouldn't kill someone who was about to shoot your baby. And Bush may be a druggie but atleast he knows how to have fun(would you go to war if you could stay home and smoke pot?). Kerry probably spent 5 hours changing his mind on whether he should smoke pot before he finally did it. Then he went and watched F911 and wished he hadn't. Why do you all think Michael Moore is the second coming of Christ and why all the hoopla over Kerry like he's John The Baptist!!! They have no MORALS and getting them elected will send this country straight into Hades!!:mad:

/Sarcasm

PS: Isn't it funny that some threads look exactly like the above? ;)

I don't know how anybody could defend either Bush, or Kerry. They both have major negatives on their side... Too bad we don't have a good independant running, or he would have gotten my vote... now that that is out of the way, I agree... too much ploitical BS on a site that is supposed to be redskins focused (yes I know this is the post anything you want section), but please guys, aren't there political boards where you can rant with your fellow freaks?

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

even worse, they might even start to learn how their own views match with someone who might be running the most influencial and powerful nation in the world!

:rolleyes:

Have you ever flicked the light switch on when people are sleeping? They never do seem to like it.

Originally posted by Destino

Mama bird to condor, the grey goose is getting warm.

:)

That's even more funny to me right now because a buddy of mine went to a club and tried to impress his lady by requesting VIP treatment (common here) He ended up being forced to buy a $400 bottle of Grey Goose Vodka to keep their table.

Thanks for making the day end with a laugh!!

As this forum is set-up, this is supposed to be like the discussions that happen in the parking lot and the political threads are a part of it. For the most part, I find the discussions lively and informative.

It's when it deteriorates into name/age/position bashing, it is time to ignore and walk away. When you want to respond with a "Yeh but, you moron..." a line has been crossed.

Just a couple of weeks ago, we were reminded to police ourselves. Not a bad idea. A different view point, without flaming, is what is great about this site.

BTW, I thank Odin, Buddha, God, Allah, the Force, and/or (insert your favorite deity here) that we are smart enough to not discuss religion in the Tailgate.

:type: :peaceout: :hammer: :2drunks:

As someone famous (cant recall right now) said - People deserve the government they get.

If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Get involved - even if just as an observer - so you can help make the decision instead of quitting. Its our process and our government.

Its also typical of young folks to decry the process and environment of politics. But its important. There are clear choices usually. If you dont know what they are you are losing out on a big part your experience called living.

We are also extremely lucky to have the choice. Thats what Americans and others have fought and died for - for us and others to have the choice.

We take it for granted - usually like our significant others - and waste our opportunity to make a difference and make it better.

Politics make a difference in our lives. The politics of the 90s had a direct influence on the events of 9-11. Washington felt it directly. What did we do in the 90s that caused us to be not as prepared as we are now? That's a political question that should be of interest to anyone who lives in the Skins area.

Doesnt have to be such a below the belt thing but it affects whether we live or die. It's that important.

I try to point things out in using my point of view without Destino's or Aredskins style.. Definately not Larry's :)...

Some people like the drive by, makes them giggle the rest of the day.

Some people just don't know cause they dont read the thread

Some people wouldnt give an inch if it was factually written in the post right above theirs..

I get upset with some responses but we are all people and even the ugly ones deserve a point of view till the moderators say enough is enough.. then your one down and the discussion goes on... By the time the Redskins are playing in their 2nd Playoff game against Carolina it will be a dull roar.......

Originally posted by Thiebear

I try to point things out in using my point of view without Destino's or Aredskins style.. Definately not Larry's :)...

Some people like the drive by, makes them giggle the rest of the day.

Some people just don't know cause they dont read the thread

Some people wouldnt give an inch if it was factually written in the post right above theirs..

I get upset with some responses but we are all people and even the ugly ones deserve a point of view till the moderators say enough is enough.. then your one down and the discussion

111C

goes on... By the time the Redskins are playing in their 2nd Playoff game against Carolina it will be a dull roar.......

Thiebear, I don't always side with you on your views, but you hit the nail on the head on this post.

The fly-byes, the shouters, and the flamers ruin good debates.

A discussion/debate of ideas helps both sides. Referencing political sites (such as Michael Moore or Ann Coulter) is compass that you can't think for yourself.

Love the politics, keeps me fresh with my opinions, but in the end, we are just fans screaming in the stands.

:cheers:

Originally posted by The Rook

A discussion/debate of ideas helps both sides. Referencing political sites (such as Michael Moore or Ann Coulter) is compass that you can't think for yourself.

:cheers:

exactly, I don't like it when somebody says something about an issue, and then somebody follows it up, within seconds, with a post, "link please. next" as if the person couldn't have loigically reasoned the thought on their own. As if all journalists actually do research for their articles, especially internet journalists.

DESTINO: i like that quote about people sleeping don't like it when you turn the light on. It's a sentence you can think about for more than 10 seconds, and it actually gets more meaningful.

• 3 years later...
I am personally sick of all the political threads and the bickering going on lately. The Mods have even put a thread up recently about this topic and yet the threads continue.

I don't even read the threads anymore. I don't consider myself Un-American but IMO it is getting ridicilous. I can't wait for the election to be over. Then again, after the next President is elected, they will be fighting about why the wrong person or right person was elected...it will never end. :mad:

I used to spend more time in the tailgate but this whole trend is turning me OFF!! Am I alone here with this thought??

make something better then, I think the tone has actually improved, we don't have quiet as many degrading posts

Archived