Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Gallery moved to guard in Oakland

jbooma

From Mark Maske:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A31788-2004Aug25.html

Robert Gallery, the second overall selection in the draft, was back on the practice field with the Oakland Raiders on Tuesday after being sidelined for a week by an elbow injury. But he worked at left guard instead of his usual position, left tackle. Coach Norv Turner told reporters that he foresees Barry Sims remaining the Raiders' starting left tackle to open the season. Gallery practiced with the second-team offense at guard but could overtake Frank Middleton for the starting left guard job to open the season if he remains at the spot, although Turner and the Raiders continue to say that Gallery's long-term future is at left tackle. . . .

Gallery did not play any guard in college.

I see Norv is working on screwing up another team.;)

I now have 2 reasons to HATE the Raiduhs:

1)They're the Raiduhs

2)Norvo the Clown is in charge

3)Last game of the 92 season 52 year old Vince Evans shreads our defense

4)ruining my sunday, in a game we shall never name

5)broken play by marcus allen in the game we shall never name b

6)Int for a td in the...oh forget it.

I wish Turner and his billion dollar guard lots o' luck, remember he is a offensive genius.

Same old Norv. Always "Norvous" about trusting rookies. The only reason he didn't do the same thing with Samuels here was that he didn't have anyone else to man the LT spot.

I think Gallery was ready to play at LT. Norv just has an issue with hanging on to players a bit too long.

Originally posted by Yusuf06

Same old Norv. Always "Norvous" about trusting rookies. The only reason he didn't do the same thing with Samuels here was that he didn't have anyone else to man the LT spot.

I think Gallery was ready to play at LT. Norv just has an issue with hanging on to players a bit too long.

well... he did hav andy heck who was really solid in '99

Archived