Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Merged) RB Sultan McCullough

skns4life

i was just browsing through the message boards and was wondering why there hasnt been any talk of Sulton???? i thought he played pretty well... i know he played against the 3rd stringers but so did hasselbeck and he's still getting praise around here....just want to get some thoughts on what you guys think...

i think the skins should find a spot for him on the PS for him...although i think some other team might snatch him from us if he only makes the practice squad....i just thought he looked so explosive yesterday....he should get on the field more...should get a look against the 2nd stringers

I liked Sultan more than I like the Rock in last nights game. Hopefully, Sultan will come in after Portis this Saturday with the first unit and display what he can do. I need to see Betts a few times to determine who is going to be the number 2 back. If he keeps getting hurt, than his days are numbered.

Betts and Taylor Jacobs need to get on the field and start making their NFL careers.

One thing that Gibbs doesn't like is guys that are on the inactive list week after week with one injury after another.

Brian Davis was also a high pick at #2 whom Gibbs ended up releasing in the 1980's because he continually had hamstring problems.

Sultan will beat out Rock for the 3rd spot.

And quite frankly, absent Byner's high praise of Betts recently, I'm prepared to designate him #2 on the depth chart.

Every time I see him carry I'm impressed. He runs hard and has speed and moves. I'm not sure what NOT to like about the guy other than the fact that he went undrafted.

I've been high as on Betts in the past. But we're going into his 3rd season now... and this has just gotten to the point where its unacceptable. How many years does an average player have in the NFL? And Betts is going to waste 3 of them on the DL.

I like the Rock and would like him to stay but we would probally be better off without him:doh: Lets face it hes a tweener that needs to work on fundamentals. As for Betts he needs to stay healthy but he runs very hard always has and always has had a little injury bug. Hopefully he can comeback and show somthing Saturday:D Sultan for #4 sounds good to me:D

I said I liked Sultan last year in the few games (preseason included that I saw him play). Let's face it, with Betts as an injury a play away, we need someone who can be a reliable back up.

Sultan is that man and not Rock. Rock showed me nothing yesterday even in short yardage formation. Even last year, he really didn't do all that well in that role when you really look at it. With the fact that he isn't a good blocker and a mediocre special teamer, he won't make the roster and isn't eligible for the practice squad.

I also like Simon (special teams) but you can't have 5 backs on the roster and he can't be on the PS as well.

If Betts somehow shows something, it will be

Portis

Betts

Sultan

Morton

Just because Sultan did not have a titles in his honor does n ot mean people did not talk of him.

Within many threads he received lots of props. He looked darn good out there. I think Rock is is trouble, and Betts needs to produce on the field. Morton has one spot locked up.

I think I am going to have to leave until the final cuts.

ONE game.........and all of a sudden it is time to cut Rock. Rock who performed every game last year........who does all he can to contribute.

Rock whose mom passed away 2 months ago and he had to play his first game without her here.

Rock is cut and Betts has YET to play a down.......can't even get throug a week of practice.

This is truly making me sick.

Blondie

That is not an option. Of course he should.

What I am so upset about is all these......"Cut Rock" The list should be Portis, Betts, etc.

Heck, Betts has not taken the field. Not much last year either.

So why does he get an automatic bid?

No, I don't like it.

I know Rock didn't play like he usually does. But tossing him to the curb after one game last night is silly.

But then, all of us are coaches aren't we?

I am not a happy blonde right now.

Blondie

Originally posted by Blondie

That is not an option. Of course he should.

What I am so upset about is all these......"Cut Rock" The list should be Portis, Betts, etc.

Heck, Betts has not taken the field. Not much last year either.

So why does he get an automatic bid?

No, I don't like it.

I know Rock didn't play like he usually does. But tossing him to the curb after one game last night is silly.

But then, all of us are coaches aren't we?

I am not a happy blonde right now.

Blondie

Obviously you have a spot in your heart for Rock (plus maybe having a bad day as well), but I would really like to hear why you disagree with everyone who says he should not make the roster.

I know Betts isn't assured of anything, but he is a 2nd round pick with the potential of becoming a good player at a position he has played since at least college.

The problem with Rock is that I really don't see the skills needed for him to become a true effective halfback. Sure he had a couple of decent games last year but many players have performed in a few games (remember Timmy Smith).

The question is if Portis goes down, is Rock effective enough to become our featured back. To his credit, he lost weight and came into camp ready to challenge. However, he doesn't hit holes fast enough mainly I think because he doesn't have the natural skills of a halfback. Most fullbacks are taught to run to the play and plow for as many yards as possible. That is what he does.

In addition, I don't think he blocked very well in passing downs last year. Again, he was blocking as a halfback not as a full back (there are subtle differences).

I hope you can be objective with a reply. Thanks...

First of all, NO ONE IS AUTOMATICALLY GIVEN A POSITION.

That includes Betts. He would not be the 1st 2nd round bust.

He does not seem to have the stamina to make it.

Yes, I do have a place in my heart for Rock. That is obvious.

I disagree because as far as I know.....ONE game does NOT make the determination of roster cuts. Look how Patrick played. Lordy......cut him.

He has been a tail back for years......before gaining the weight and becoming a full back. He H-back is a different position.

I looked at the stats. No one did out standing.......that includes Sultan. He did good.....I will agree....but one game does NOT make a team member.

He did miss some blocks last year. But again......who didn't? I focus on Rock during the games. He was open 3 times that I can remember last night in the flat. He came back to catch a pass that Ramsey could not get off.

Rock has field sense.

Last night was NOT indicitative of his potential.

I get disgusted when fans think one game should determine the roster......or for that matter........watching practice and then reporting who should make it.

I believe I am being objective. I think those who say........."Cut his *** because of a fumble, are not.

As I said, Rock was not in focus last night. Having watched him for as long as I have, I could tell he was distracted.

Now someone will say......"Well, he is a professional.....he should be able to put it behind him." Yeah, well , maybe you can. Undoubtedly the fact that his mom was not there played with him last night.

At least give it another week. I think that is fair.

Blondie

Archived