Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Merged) RB Sultan McCullough

skns4life

Originally posted by NavyDave

Yep unfortunately me and the millions and millions of Rock fans are going to be heart broken on opening day if we think he will be in B & G

I don't care about the other millions........I only care about THIS one.

I do NOT play to be heartbroken.

Blondie

One thing that's gone mostly unmentioned here is that, especially in this offense, RB's have to be VERY solid pass blockers. We're going to run max-protect here, and RB's are going to play a major role in that. If memory serves, Sultan was awful in that capacity last offseason---more so than can be attributed to being a rookie alone.

Only the coaches know at this point if he's progressed to the point where he can be trusted with helping on blitz pickup. That, and whether or not he can help on teams, will determine whether or not he'll get any meaningful playing time this year.

Running skills we can all see he has ... whether or not he has the requisite football skills remains to be seen.

I am not only going off last game, but what do yall think about Sultan McColough? Does he deserve more touches than he is getting? Do you feel that he can beat out Rock Cartwright to back up Portis? Let me know your feelings.

Me personally, I like everything that he brings to the table. He is explosive and the type of scat back that would be a great backup to Clinton Portis.

:helmet:

THE GUYS A STUD.. I REALLY BELIEVE HE SHOULD START AHEAD OF ROCK CARTWRIGHT AND DONT GET ME WRONG, ROCK IS A NICE PLAYER BUT SULTAN MCCOULLOUGH BRINGS MORE TO THE TABLE THAN ROCK DOES AND THE WAY THE KID WAS HITTING THE HOLES THE OTHER NIGHT LENDS ME TO BELIEVE HE'LL SEE THE BALL ALOT MORE UNDER COACH GIBBS REGIME. JMHO.:point2sky

Little something to think about here. Not hardly once, in the pass plays by Brunell and Ramsey, was a back left in the backfield for blocking. The max protect was done at the line. Extra TE and ir Hack. Not a bad idea really. Why let the guys get a good head of steam up before getting into the backfield, where the advantage is the blitzers in most cases, as well as just a straight up rush.

After Rocks fumble, it was telling that the first play after the Skins got the ball back was a run to Rock. Sultan did get into the game with Pr and the second unit for a series. Couple of good runs and went out on one pass route, but spent too much time trying to juke the DB and took himself right out of that one. Next series, Rock was back in. The next game should be interesting to see who plays when. If Sultan impressed the coaches as much as some fans here, the he will get the nod earlier. At least one could assume so.

Hell, nobody played that great. Why expect them too? Again, if Sultan can be plugged in that easy, than he should have been in the game earlier on Monday. Keeping in mind too that we're assuming the coaches are looking for someone similar to Portis to back him up. The guy I think who is on the bubble is Betts. I like the kid, I really do. And so apparently does Byner and a few of the other coaches. Problem is, it's difficult to wait on a guy who is injured, again, while the season quickly approaches. sooner or later, Bets has to take the field or the coaches just may let him go because waiting isn't an option.

Archived