19) Nate Clements, Bills - 3.4

20) Brian Williams, Vikings - 3.3

21) Andre Dyson, Titans - 3.3

22) Donnie Abraham, Jets - 3.2

23) Fred Smoot, Redskins - 3.2

24) Tory James, Bengals - 3.2

25) Fernando Bryant, Lions - 3.2

Good to see both our corners in the top 25. :helmet:

32 teams = 64 starting corners and we have two in the top 25. Not too shabby. If Taylor can play up to the hype and make the same highlights in the NFL that he was on the reels that Gibbs watched in determining his selection, we will be one of the most dominating secondaries....

If and ONLY if Greg Williams can figure out a way to put pressure on the QB. I know that this has been debated by everyone and numerous people have said how overrated Champ is. He isn't overrated if he has support. A major league pitcher will look horrible if he gets no run support. CB's in the league look much better when there is a pass rush. If we can mount a rush, this will be a heck of a defense in the latter half of the season, when players have adjusted to everything and are reacting more than thinking about what their role is supposed to be on a given situation.

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

he's the man WHEN healthy...maybe they figure he'll make it this season. If not we'll see walt harris early.:cheers:

Let's hope we don't see Harris early ... he is coming back from offseason surgury (I think his knee) and may not be the best guy to put in a tight situation early on.

Originally posted by aREDSKIN

Law rated LOWER than Champ? Umm I don't think so.

They do, and so do I. Law is good for int's(Zone coverage) and ruffing the reciever at the line of scrimage(holding) he is very good dont get me wrong but he drops coverage after 7yards and is like 8 years older than Champ. When they line Law up on a reciever one on one and roll coverage to the otherside of the field come back tell me Law is god.

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

Now that's a real rating system HeHateMe wanted to bet me that Newman was the best DB in our division(it was all personal because he likes the Cowgirls). By this poll he isn't one of the top three and not even on the list.

Newman certainly has the potential to be the best in the division. But, no, based on actual play in the league to this point, Newman isn't as good as Smoot or Springs. At least not yet. Cowboy fans have a tendency to assign their draft picks with greatness and top position rankings before they've merited it on the field. While Newman has the skills to become a very good corner in this league, no serious discussions on corners would have him up there yet.

Originally posted by Art

Newman certainly has the potential to be the best in the division. But, no, based on actual play in the league to this point, Newman isn't as good as Smoot or Springs. At least not yet. Cowboy fans have a tendency to assign their draft picks with greatness and top position rankings before they've merited it on the field. While Newman has the skills to become a very good corner in this league, no serious discussions on corners would have him up there yet.

In defense of Newman, he did have something like a 10 pic game against us last year. I think its too early to judge him though cause he has had the usual ups and downs. I think it there would be more certainty after this year when we kick Dallas's A$$ this year.

:dallasuck

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

They do, and so do I. Law is good for int's(Zone coverage) and ruffing the reciever at the line of scrimage(holding) he is very good dont get me wrong but he drops coverage after 7yards and is like 8 years older than Champ. When they line Law up on a reciever one on one and roll coverage to the otherside of the field come back tell me Law is god.

Look I'm not even sure what it is you're trying to say-- something about Champ being better than Law. You say that Law is good at making interceptions and jamming a receiver at the line of scrimmage like those are things every cornerback can do; when in fact, not only are those the two most crucial jobs of a cornerback, they're things that Champ doesn't exactly do well.

After the year Law had in 2003, especially such a solid postseason, I don't understand how he's ranked lower than Champ. Champ can cover, no doubt about that. But he's not good at making interceptions and he's not good at jamming guys at the line. Also, there are times when Champ just looks silly, like every time he lines up against Amani Toomer...or in the Panthers' game last year when he couldnt' even get his head around on a simple fade route down the middle.

With a corner, you take the bad with the good. In the case of Champ, the good's not exceptional, and sometimes the bad can be pretty awful. I think Champ is living more off his reputation these days than he is recent performance.

The list excludes last year's rookie class. In doing so, I think they left off three of the better corners in the NFL last season.

Seattle's Marcus Trufant, Newman of Dallas, and Chicago's Charles Tillman (who I thought played like a top 2-3 corner last season) are all better players than many names on that list based on the 2003 season.

Originally posted by Awesome

Look I'm not even sure what it is you're trying to say-- something about Champ being better than Law. You say that Law is good at making interceptions and jamming a receiver at the line of scrimmage like those are things every cornerback can do; when in fact, not only are those the two most crucial jobs of a cornerback, they're things that Champ doesn't exactly do well.

After the year Law had in 2003, especially such a solid postseason, I don't understand how he's ranked lower than Champ. Champ can cover, no doubt about that. But he's not good at making interceptions and he's not good at jamming guys at the line. Also, there are times when Champ just looks silly, like every time he lines up against Amani Toomer...or in the Panthers' game last year when he couldnt' even get his head around on a simple fade route down the middle.

With a corner, you take the bad with the good. In the case of Champ, the good's not exceptional, and sometimes the bad can be pretty awful. I think Champ is living more off his reputation these days than he is recent performance.

ints come with zone coverage and a pass rush that makes a qb rush his throw. They also come with the scheme that allows you to jump routes

I'll be interested in seeing how many flags Law gets with the league seeking to enforce the contact after 5 yards rule more often this year. Pure cover corners are going to be worth their weight in gold, while strong arm physical CB's are going to be a huge liability.

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

How are they putting SMoot behind Abrahams. That's a slap in the face. Smoot deserves to be higher.

Going into last season when he was injured, there were no CBs in the NFL with more INTs over the last 7 seasons than Abraham. None. Nada. Zilch. Saying he's better than Smoot is debatable, not insulting. However, his accomplishments relative to Smoot, including a Pro Bowl appearance and FIVE playoff appearances, are beyond dispute.

I like Smoot as a CB, but it's fair to ask him to carve out some real NFL success and cover #1 WRs before hoisting him alongside the game's best CBs.

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

i think that list is better then any of the ones i have yet to seen yet. champ IS the #2 corner in the league (sp?) and McCalistar is #1. i don't get why everybody hates champ cuz he didn't want to be here?

I am a Champ hater because he played so terrible last year. I don't care about him being one on one while the zone rolled to Smoot's side or we didn't have a pass rush. He had a bad year. If Champ is so great and ranked #2 in the NFL, then we are in for a long season. because if champ is #2 and Springs and Smoot are so far down the list, then I guess they will play worse than how Champ played last year. You remember, nobody's like Armani Toomer and Marty Booker taking champ to school. This list must mean that all receivers will take Smoot and Springs to school. I mean if Champ is that good.

Now that's a real rating system HeHateMe wanted to bet me that Newman was the best DB in our division(it was all personal because he likes the Cowgirls). By this poll he isn't one of the top three and not even on the list.

Its one of the many reasons why this poll is a complete joke. This is a name recognition list, not comparative performance, in my eyes.

Are we supposed to believe what the media says? Because in that case I guess the skins will fail miserably and Gibbs will be an ordinary joe...

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

i don't get why everybody hates champ cuz he didn't want to be here?

I have no problem with Champ wanting to leave. What I do have a problem with is naming him the #2 corner in all of football after the year he had last year. Lots of things played a part in that-- injuries, bad scheme, no pass rush, bad offense, but the bottom line is that Champ didn't play like the second best corner in the league last year and ever since he joined the Broncos, he's suddenly being heralded as this undisputed great, lockdown, playmaking corner.

Archived