Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does it seem that Comcast....

Hubster

Always talks about the Ravens before the 'Skins? Is it because they have three players with criminal charges against them? And one that got off from murder? I don't get it. Isn't Comcast a D.C. station? I feel better now. I needed to get that of my chest.:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

I don't know that this is it, but isn't it true that they have a load of subscribers in Maryland? i live in southern Maryland, and for some reason all that there is in the stores is Ravens' gear, too.

Whoever decides the demographics never bothers to check, I guess. They seem to assume that Maryland = Ravens fans.

~Bang

Originally posted by Montilar

I think comcrap is based out of Baltimore.

Comcrap has always had a Baltimore slant... which there is nothing wrong with that if you are serving nothing but Baltimore.....

Montilar is right, they are based in Baltimore, so thus, you get stuff about the Baltimore Criminal Ratbirds before the Redskins

:puke:

:ravensuck

Originally posted by TC4

Montilar is right, they are based in Baltimore, so thus, you get stuff about the Baltimore Criminal Ratbirds before the Redskins

:puke:

:ravensuck

Saw in the post they were based in Philly. Remember when Comcast tried to buy Disney? Ya, front page and all that Jazz.

Maybe it's because B-more is closer to Philly. Maybe. But I could care less really. :)

Actually, the local outlet of Comcast Sportsnet is based in Bethesda, MD. The corporate office is based in Philly. I think they give the Ratbirds slightly biased coverage over the Skins cause we sucked the past 9 outta 10 years and the Ratbirds have recently won a Super Bowl. We just have to earn the respect of everyone, including some of our local media.

I'm not real clear on how all that crap works...It seems like 6 or 7 years ago Comcast was called "HTS" standing for Home Team Sports and they covered Baltimore almost exclusively. They had a ton of Bullets and Caps coverage, though.

I remember paying like an extra 20 bucks a month or something on my cable bill for HTS until I realized it was all Orioles coverage. This was before the Ravens even moved to Baltimore. The Disney channel was premium at this time too and it came in a package with HTS. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Comcast actually pretty fair they go with the bigger story first. During training camp last year we were first plenty of times and Sage steel caught hell for wearing a burgandy shirt during our preseason meeting last year and was showing some biased for us:D They give lavar all the face time he needs.

That's about right.

HTS was what was based in Baltimore. Comcrap bought them out, thus the assumption they were still based out of Baltimore. and HTS was as bad or worse than Comcrap; probably kept the same producers and crew, thus the Baltimore bias stayed.

Originally posted by NavyDave

I thought HTS was absorbed by Comcast.

All I know is they are trying to force me to go digital cable but We are leaning towards Satallite

You have to get Direct T.V. for the ticket. It is the only way to go:point2sky

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

Comcast actually pretty fair they go with the bigger story first. During training camp last year we were first plenty of times and Sage steel caught hell for wearing a burgandy shirt during our preseason meeting last year and was showing some biased for us:D They give lavar all the face time he needs.

That's the way I remember it too - Redskins were first a lot of the time during training camp. My only beef was that the segments were too short.

But on the other hand, Comcast Sportsnet is my only real source for Redskins video clips, so I can't really complain.

You people who live in the DC area don't know how good you have it, with news reports on the local channels. I believe Sonny has a regular report on either channel 4 or 9. <sigh> I miss living in the DC area. I'll be back though. Someday.

Originally posted by Hubster

Always talks about the Ravens before the 'Skins? Is it because they have three players with criminal charges against them? And one that got off from murder? I don't get it. Isn't Comcast a D.C. station? I feel better now. I needed to get that of my chest.:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

:ravensuck You think it's bad now? Wait til DC gets a baseball team. I got 2 words for ya:

Rodney Dangerfield. We get no respect!

:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

I think Sage Steele is the sister of one of the Ravens marketing people or something like that... so she is especially biased towards the Ravens. However, I think overall the coverage is pretty fair for the most part.

Also, I live in Maryland (grew up near DC and now live closer to Baltimore) and even at Arundel Mills Mall (which is much closer to Baltimore than DC) I see much more Redskins stuff in stores than Ravens stuff. So I think people understand that much of Maryland is still all about the Skins.

Originally posted by Rock-Bufford

Seems they start with the Skins whenever I turn it on. Maybe because nothing is happening in Baltimore.

That would probly be because drug dealing- JL ,assault-TS and pleaded out of murder_RL get reported in the national news in the beginning of regular local newscast :laugh:

:ravensuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

opps , forgot about C.F firearm possession , felony and misdemeanor charges for high stakes gambling :rolleyes:

Archived