Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: WFAN reportsBobby Taylor signs 7year 25 million dollar contract?

Lavarleap56

Originally posted by lavarleap56

Union backing LaVar in claim

Notes — Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Bobby Taylor will visit the Redskins on Thursday. New York Giants cornerback Ralph Brown was scheduled to arrive last night, while former Indianapolis Colts corner Walt Harris will visit tomorrow. The Redskins played host to former Chicago Bears linebacker Warrick Holdman, but no signing was imminent.

Well the times has Taylor visiting on thursday so i guess it is false

for all of us who didnt want to read all the rest of the Lavar BS..

Notes — Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Bobby Taylor will visit the Redskins on Thursday. New York Giants cornerback Ralph Brown was scheduled to arrive last night, while former Indianapolis Colts corner Walt Harris will visit tomorrow. The Redskins played host to former Chicago Bears linebacker Warrick Holdman, but no signing was imminent.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Knowing DS, its very possible that once he found out Taylor's next stop was Dallas, he made sure that trip didnt happen and did everything in his power to make sure Taylor ended up in DC.

HeHateMe,I say your right!! I will try and find that link and post it here.

I personally am not overy pumped about this as you all are. Taylor has been a marginally good player in the NFL. While the idea of adding another Notre Dame alum thrills me as we had a quota back in our championship days, Taylor isn't worth a very large contract.

DON'T MISUNDERSTAND ME HERE.

I love the idea of having a strong secondary and going from Butler to Taylor is certainly uplifting, however, this pretty much seals the deal for Winslow to come in becuase of the logjam in the secondary.

It's possible we'll see withing the first few days of trining camp just what kind of attitude WInslow has. I expect that he will hold out and we micht not even be able to start the guy when the season opens.

QUOTE FROM BENGAL'S.COM:

"He’s the last big name player out there in free agency and it would be nice if they could step up and get him,” Medlock said. “But they hardly have any room. I’m looking at the (NFL Players Association cap figures) and they have close to zero. They’re trying, but Bobby Taylor isn’t going to play for $2.5 million per year.”

What I find revealing about the above quote in Bengals.com, is this:

1- If Bobby Taylor's agent said that his client isn't going to play for anyone for less then $ 2.5 Mil per year, then the Skins must be aware of this too. But the fact that they are still bringing him in for a visit Thursday, must mean they are fairly serious about acquiring him. Otherwise, why even bother with him and just go sign a second-tier CB, like Ralph Brown.

2- If the Skins sign Taylor this would almost guarantee the Skins are planning on trading down in the draft and NOT drafting Sean Taylor. Of course they could still stand pat and draft Kellen Winslow, but I kind of doubt it.

3- Fred Smoot is likely gone next year anyway. I mean if guys like Winfield can get almost $12 million signing bonus, Smoot can certainly get as much or more next year.

Just my :2cents:

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Knowing DS, its very possible that once he found out Taylor's next stop was Dallas, he made sure that trip didnt happen and did everything in his power to make sure Taylor ended up in DC.

You might be right. :D

If so, I'm liking our FO even more! :cool:

:dallasuck

Originally posted by BillyKilmer

I have seen some mentions that the Redskins would need to make cap room to sign Taylor. What moves do you guys think these would include? I was under the impression that any more moves would be after June 1st.

Jeremiah Trotter? He's the guy that comes to mind when I think of players that might be cut to make room. They're trying to bring in some additional LB's from the Giants, so I say it's a huge possibility.

Guys, this is really simple. First of all, we have some cap room. Second of all, we will save 1.3 million when we cut Larry Moore. Third of all, we will save 915k when we cut Trung Canidate. Fourth of all, I guarantee you we are still pursuing a restructuring of Chris Samuels' contract.

Trung's gone but cutting trotter now makes no sense, nor does cutting Morton. It'll be Trung, Moore and maybe a few others but I'll be shocked to see Trotter or Morton go, especially Morton considering how hard this team worked to get him last year.

AFter a full year recovering from knee surgery and finally to be used correctly, I wanna see how Trotter performs under Williams and not cut him and sign an aging Barlow 5 -7 yrs older than Trotter.....plus I like his work ethic and tude and he was one of the first guys at Skins Park to meet Joe Gibbs.....Trotter understands team concept and the lore of Gibbs.

Originally posted by Art

And at free safety with great coverage skills, you'd put him man up against slot receivers or Shockey and have a serious advantage. This article posted makes me think this is possible. We don't get Washington Post reports of Taylor visiting. If he comes here and we want him he won't make it anywhere else :)

I think that is the key he wouldn't be a CB here but a FS, then we but Bowen at Strong :)

Remember when the moved Rod Woodson to Safety at the end of his career, he has been a great player at that position for quite some time now.

Hello K2 :cheers:

I'm still not sold on Bowen anywhere...and Taylor's signing gives us depth back there for sure, but I still don't think this ends the draft Sean Taylor debate....any more than signing Rasby ended the draft Winslow debate.

Sean Taylor has different strengths than Bobby Taylor....who would be going through a position change.

Originally posted by fwo40

I'm still not sold on Bowen anywhere...and Taylor's signing gives us depth back there for sure, but I still don't think this ends the draft Sean Taylor debate....any more than signing Rasby ended the draft Winslow debate.

Sean Taylor has different strengths than Bobby Taylor....who would be going through a position change.

Rasby was brought in to block, and block only. The only H-back, which is an important position in Gibbs' offense, we have is Bryan Johnson, who isn't even officially under contract. With Bobby T, we'll be stronger at S then we are at H-back right now. Of course the debate will continue to linger until draft day, but signing Taylor, especially if they plan to put him at FS, points more towards taking KW2 than signing Rasby points to taking Sean Taylor.

Originally posted by fwo40

I would agree. I think Baumen and Bowen are both not helping us much at all.

Bowen did just fine for us. In fact he did rather well. His stats last year are up there with some of the better safetys and he did it without any pass rush to help him. Remember that a pass rush can mean the difference between a QB throwing over top of a safetys zone or underneath where the safety is most effective.

74 tackles

9 assists

3 Int

4 passes defended

Not bad considering QBs had all day to pick and choose their targets against us.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

Bowen did just fine for us. In fact he did rather well. His stats last year are up there with some of the better safetys and he did it without any pass rush to help him. Remember that a pass rush can mean the difference between a QB throwing over top of a safetys zone or underneath where the safety is most effective.

74 tackles

9 assists

3 Int

4 passes defended

Not bad considering QBs had all day to pick and choose their targets against us.

And Ohalete’s numbers weren’t bad either

Tckl 80

Ast 23

Sacks 0

Int 3

Yds 60

Avg 20

Lg 30

TD 0

Pass Def 5

That why all of this “We need Sean Taylor” stuff is a load of cr@p. Both of our safeties played well even tho they were poorly coached and had no pass rush support.

If we get Bobby Taylor and Bowen at Safety, there is no need to draft Sean Taylor. Hell id be OK with resigning Ohalete again.

Archived