Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: WFAN reportsBobby Taylor signs 7year 25 million dollar contract?

Lavarleap56

Yomar you need lasik eye surgery and take off those iggle sunglasses.

B Taylor was exposed last year as a soft non tackling aging vet.

Smoot has a far brighter future than B Taylor.

And if signing B Taylor means releasing Smoot then I'm hopping the pokes or texans sign bobby taylor.

Heck if he wants more than 2.5 million a year then we might as well pass on him and give that annual salary to S Taylor.

my roomate told me about this first thing in the morning, when i glanced at his screen he was on ganggreen.com. i guess its all over the other boards.......seems to be credible. what he said was 7 years 25 mil. i believe he is 30. i would like to wait until i see the contact numbers but it seems as if this is a good deal.

I'd rather have a rotation of Smoot, B.Taylor and Shawn Springs with S.Taylor back there licking his chops then to go with the expectaion that B.Taylor can somehow make up for our sh*tty saftey situation and drafting KW2.

COme on, let's make a nice attempt but keep focused on a punishing defense. With TO going to the Eagles, we are going to need a beefy secondary. One that frightens other teams WR from catching a ball anywhere on the field.

S.Taylor will end TO's season just like that. We need him with that f*cker in the NFC east now.

I'm with you IAMBG..we can't expect Bobby Taylor to solve our safety situation. Frankly, between his recent injury history and Springs' we might be down a man at corner before the season is done. Let alone our safety situation.

Draft Sean Taylor...impact safeties are too rare to pass on....especially when you happen to need one.

After losing out on Vincent, the Bengals turned their sights to Bobby Taylor, Vincent's former teammate in Philadelphia. Taylor and the Bengals traded offers at Paul Brown Stadium on Monday, but he left town without a deal. Taylor was originally headed for Dallas, but is taking a detour to Washington on Thursday. The Redskins called Jason Medlock, Taylor's agent, to express serious interest.

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/03/16/ben1a.html

I know i posted this kinda like this before but it didnt say that he was going to skip Dallas and come here first.

I read somewhere else that his agent feels like the Cowboys arent really that interested but he is interested in the Cowboys.

Meaning its all about the Cash.

Originally posted by IAMBG

I'd rather have a rotation of Smoot, B.Taylor and Shawn Springs with S.Taylor back there licking his chops then to go with the expectaion that B.Taylor can somehow make up for our sh*tty saftey situation and drafting KW2.

COme on, let's make a nice attempt but keep focused on a punishing defense. With TO going to the Eagles, we are going to need a beefy secondary. One that frightens other teams WR from catching a ball anywhere on the field.

S.Taylor will end TO's season just like that. We need him with that f*cker in the NFC east now.

That a killer secondary!!!!! And layin' a lick on TO would be pretty....he better not start pulling his stupid bs in our games....oh that's right....they won't score!!

Doesnt look like DS will have to battle with JJ over Taylor. Looks like JJ and the Boys could care less what happens with him. Would sort of suck if he wants to play for the Boys so badly, but ends up with the his second or third choice.

"Elsewhere on the free-agent front, Eagles cornerback Bobby Taylor continues to make it clear that he would love to finish his career with the Cowboys. However, the team has yet to reciprocate the enthusiasm for the Longview native, considered the best cornerback left on the market.

"He wants to be in Dallas," Taylor's agent Jason Medlock said. "But I don't think it's going to happen. I called [vice president] Stephen Jones last week about a visit. But I haven't heard from them."'

Taylor is currently trading contract proposals with the Cincinnati Bengals. He has also drawn interest from the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks."

Originally posted by Art

Let's keep approaching this from a rumor standpoint fellas. I think Cowboy fans were banking on Taylor. If we were to get him, it certainly would burn them up a little and that's good :). But, it's even better if we were to get him that we'd improve the depth in our secondary and allow us to turn things loose a lot more easily.

Taylor actually helps us more than the Cowboys because he'd be their No. 2 corner where he'd be our No. 3. He's a good No. 2 but a great No. 3 at this point. I'd give them credit if they sign him though. I'd give us more :).

Money would be the only reason he would not be a starter for you, as in you overspent for Springs.

How can you say a pro-bowler 2 years ago is worse than a guy who was demoted to nickle corner by the end of the season?

Makes no sense.

If you guys get Taylor, which I really doubt, You will be tough.

It just doesn't make much sense to me to shell out big money again (although not 10 mil) for a position you are fairly solid at. Taylor cannot tackle so there goes the FS idea.

I think that old Danny boy is just trying to drive up the price of Taylor so Dallas doesn't make him look like a fool for getting a better player at like half the price.

Just my oppinion though.

Originally posted by Ken

Money would be the only reason he would not be a starter for you, as in you overspent for Springs.

First off, no one here actually spent any money on Springs. And second, if you think you are a better talent evaluator then Gibbs and staff (who concurred that after days of watching tape on all available CB's... Springs was decidedly the best) I would have to break the news to you... you aren't.

Originally posted by Ken

How can you say a pro-bowler 2 years ago is worse than a guy who was demoted to nickle corner by the end of the season?

Makes no sense.

If you guys get Taylor, which I really doubt, You will be tough.

It just doesn't make much sense to me to shell out big money again (although not 10 mil) for a position you are fairly solid at. Taylor cannot tackle so there goes the FS idea.

I think that old Danny boy is just trying to drive up the price of Taylor so Dallas doesn't make him look like a fool for getting a better player at like half the price.

Just my oppinion though.

Ken, I agree with you that Snyder may just be driving the price up a little. That may be his hope here.

But, let me correct one factual error and clarify one silly statement in your post, and then comment on one opinion you made.

First, the silly statement that the only reason Taylor would come to D.C. over Dallas is money. Maybe so. Maybe not. But, the fact that we get what we want and are a more attractive place for free agents to come to because of that money has to bother you a little. Especially because you need a No. 2 corner more than we need a No. 3 corner or possible free safety.

Your factual error is one you've said on Springs. It's actually the second time you've said it. I corrected you the first time. I gave you his information. You will process it and not make the same factual error a third time.

No, Springs was not demoted to nickel corner by the end of last season. He started at corner in the playoffs and the three games prior. He WAS "demoted" after the Ravens game the Seahawks lost and that lasted a couple of games.

As for the opinion that Taylor must therefore be better than Springs, well, since your rationale is faulty in the first place, we know the underlying assessment also is. But, to add to it, Gregg Williams and every coach and every scout and every front office person sat in a film room at Redskins Park for days and days and days. They watched EVERY free agent corner available.

The Redskins HAD to have a free agent corner. Winfield was available. Williams COACHED Winfield. And the first call the team made to a corner when free agency opened was Springs. The team made a community decision through watching hours of film that there was NO question who the best free agent corner on the market was from a skill and coverage standpoint.

See, unlike the Cowboys, the Redskins GET the player who grades out the best at every position we target. So, we may be wrong in our hope that Springs can stay healthy. But, we're not likely wrong about how much better Springs is than Winfield when the guy's own coach didn't want him over Springs. I use the Winfield example as it is a powerful one.

The relationship with Williams and Winfield reflects an undeniable clarity as to how good the staff felt Springs was. Most would be willing to agree Winfield was a better player than Taylor at this point. Whether you would or you would not, the fact is, the Redskins got their man. And when you get your man, if I can believe you or Gregg Williams, I'm going to believe him.

I mean, it's not like we waited two weeks and just signed someone. We signed THE guy we felt we had to have. That means something.

Originally posted by Jimbo

I'm all for paying him starter money just to keep him out of Dallas.

Danny has deep pockets if he wants him sign the check. Dallas signs only those it thinks fit the system at the right price. No over paying for talent they try to give fair market value for fair market talent.

And even though Taylor has said he would like to play in Dallas, his agent continues to say he wants a contract at least equaling the value of Vincent's, which was a six-year, $20 million deal that included a $3.6 million signing bonus.

But injuries likely are the concern with Taylor, who was inactive for nine games last season with a foot injury. He did return towards the end of the year to start seven games, but didn't resemble the Pro Bowler he was in 2002.

"Dallas signs only those it thinks fit the system at the right price."

Please. :doh:

Tell that to Joey Galloway and your long Snapper. Jerry Jones has overpayed a ton for players and broken the bank on signing bonuses plenty of times himself.

Enough with this spending bull you keep going on about with Snyder or this "buying a Super Bowl" crap. Jerrah set the standard long ago and honestly who cares. Either way has been proven to work...this has to be one of the dumbest ongoing arguments of all time.

Originally posted by Art

Ken, I agree with you that Snyder may just be driving the price up a little. That may be his hope here.

But, let me correct one factual error and clarify one silly statement in your post, and then comment on one opinion you made.

First, the silly statement that the only reason Taylor would come to D.C. over Dallas is money. Maybe so. Maybe not. But, the fact that we get what we want and are a more attractive place for free agents to come to because of that money has to bother you a little. Especially because you need a No. 2 corner more than we need a No. 3 corner or possible free safety.

Your factual error is one you've said on Springs. It's actually the second time you've said it. I corrected you the first time. I gave you his information. You will process it and not make the same factual error a third time.

No, Springs was not demoted to nickel corner by the end of last season. He started at corner in the playoffs and the three games prior. He WAS "demoted" after the Ravens game the Seahawks lost and that lasted a couple of games.

As for the opinion that Taylor must therefore be better than Springs, well, since your rationale is faulty in the first place, we know the underlying assessment also is. But, to add to it, Gregg Williams and every coach and every scout and every front office person sat in a film room at Redskins Park for days and days and days. They watched EVERY free agent corner available.

The Redskins HAD to have a free agent corner. Winfield was available. Williams COACHED Winfield. And the first call the team made to a corner when free agency opened was Springs. The team made a community decision through watching hours of film that there was NO question who the best free agent corner on the market was from a skill and coverage standpoint.

See, unlike the Cowboys, the Redskins GET the player who grades out the best at every position we target. So, we may be wrong in our hope that Springs can stay healthy. But, we're not likely wrong about how much better Springs is than Winfield when the guy's own coach didn't want him over Springs. I use the Winfield example as it is a powerful one.

The relationship with Williams and Winfield reflects an undeniable clarity as to how good the staff felt Springs was. Most would be willing to agree Winfield was a better player than Taylor at this point. Whether you would or you would not, the fact is, the Redskins got their man. And when you get your man, if I can believe you or Gregg Williams, I'm going to believe him.

I mean, it's not like we waited two weeks and just signed someone. We signed THE guy we felt we had to have. That means something.

First, the silly statement that the only reason Taylor would come to D.C. over Dallas is money.

I didn't say that was the only reason he would go to Washington. I said it would be the reason why he wouldn't start for you. You paid Springs a lot of money, 10 million up front to be exact, he would start over Taylor for that reason alone. That is all I was saying. I feel he is the better player too. That is my oppinion and I'm sticking to it. SInce Springs made the pro bowl a few seasons ago, he hasn't been the same player.

But, the fact that we get what we want and are a more attractive place for free agents to come to because of that money has to bother you a little.

Oh, it bothers the heck out of me. If we lose Taylor to you guys because you throw a bunch of money at him, it will piss me off royally. But you can have him at that inflated price. It will kill me, but you will pay for it sometime. I am just proud of Jerry Jones ability to be patient at this point. It is killing me watching every team in the east get better while we wait, but it is probably for the better. What Snyder is doing now is what Jones was doing before our day of reckoning.

I didn't catch the correction, If this is true, my apologies. I didn't watch every game he played last year, I know that I got that tidbit from an article on the signing. It doesn't change the fact that he was demoted. Just the time frame changed.

my question is when is Dallas going to bite the bullet and spend a top draft choice or major free agent dollars on a quarterback? :)

Carter throws 17 tds and 21 ints last year and Dallas' response is to trade for a guy in Henson that has only played one year of organized football at a level higher than high school? :laugh:

Maybe 40 year old Vinny Testaverde will arrive to save the day?

Archived