Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: WFAN reportsBobby Taylor signs 7year 25 million dollar contract?

Lavarleap56

Sure Cowboy fans would take Taylor over Edwards, but is it really that much of an upgrade? IMO, not really. Edwards was aaceptable as CB last season. He was picked on all season as teams didnt throw on Newman too much. Can he be upgraded? Sure, but Taylor for 2 seasons isnt the long term answer. Id rather develop the young kids with good upside then let them waste away on the bench not knowing if they can play or not.

When I watch Smoot play I see an average CB, and I have never seen anything different for any sustained period of play except for one game when the Skins played the Rams two years ago. As for his ability to shut people down, its somewhat petty to pick out one play, but if you are a shut down corner you don't give a WR a 23 yard cushioon on 3rd and 22.

Thought i put RUMOR in front,sorry. I stated in the beging that i dont know how valid this is and i definately havent tried to convince everyone that it is. But sorry for the mistake i guess in all the excitement in trying to possibly break my first big story ( besides traking Redskins 1 ) i didnt put the proper thread title up.

http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCurPage=0&news_id=2147

Ironically, Vincent’s teammate in Philadelphia the past eight seasons, Taylor, became the Bengals’ next target during his visit Monday. After Taylor’s people countered the Bengals’ proposal, he got on a plane back to Houston to mull a visit to the Cowboys. But then Snyder, the Redskins owner, called to set up a visit for Thursday.

Folks, this is a real possibility, not just a rumor.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1760318

The Bengals immediately turned their attention to Vincent's former teammate in Philly, veteran cornerback Bobby Taylor, but seemed to be making little headway in attempting to fill its need at the position. In fact, league sources indicated that Taylor is suddenly being wooed by the Washington Redskins, who were scrambling Monday to create cap room.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Blade,

What kind of avatar does LL56 get if this turns out to be false?

Nothing at all.

LL has verified where he got the information. It exists on a couple of Redskins sites. It has mild support from mentions in ESPN and a Bengals publication. Obviously, I don't think it's true we signed the guy, but, even discovering there's interest is a somewhat newsworthy introduction.

LL answered questions about the veracity of the piece and was not intending to fool people. It is the intention to fool people that distinguishes a good piece of news and a fake post.

Originally posted by BD

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1760318

The Bengals immediately turned their attention to Vincent's former teammate in Philly, veteran cornerback Bobby Taylor, but seemed to be making little headway in attempting to fill its need at the position. In fact, league sources indicated that Taylor is suddenly being wooed by the Washington Redskins, who were scrambling Monday to create cap room.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53949&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=2

Posted that a few hours ago. We knew something was up but nothing official yet.

Thank You ART!! Im not trying to be a clown just trying to pass some information. IT IS NOT MY INTENTION to fool everyone with fake posts!! I have never done that and never will. When i post something i ALWAYS have info to support it and it is accurate however their is now concrete info or link of a signing to verify this . Screw it ill leave before i get a crappy avatar. I call Jermaine and see if he heard anything.

Hey LL, what were the exact words that you heard...and was it an anouncement or something being talked about by the guys on the radio?

Not doubting you, but maybe you misintepreted what they said...it happens to everyone...though it may not be the case here.

Union backing LaVar in claim

By Jody Foldesy

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The NFL Players Association is backing linebacker LaVar Arrington in a formal grievance against the Washington Redskins, who are accused of shortchanging him $6.5 million in the contract extension he signed at the end of last season.

Sources familiar with the dispute said the NFLPA had been weighing the merits of Arrington's case, but NFLPA general counsel Richard Berthelsen said last night any perceived delay in filing was because of efforts to resolve the dispute. Berthelsen said there was never any doubt the union would argue on behalf of the Pro Bowl linebacker.

"From Day 1, we've been supporting LaVar's efforts to resolve this," Berthelsen said.

Berthelsen provided the most detailed account of Arrington's contention to date. According to Berthelsen, agent Carl Poston and Arrington claim that deadline pressure to get the nine-year extension done before the end of the season (as salary cap considerations dictated) prevented them from reading all the pages in the contract's final draft.

Arrington's camp claims the Redskins ignored an earlier agreement and substituted a final draft that did not include a $6.5 million roster bonus due in 2006. Arrington and Poston signed off on the contract, which the league recognized as a $68 million pact. Now Arrington wants the return of the disputed $6.5 million.

The Redskins have issued several rebuttals in recent weeks, contending among other things that Poston initialed each page of the final document. Redskins spokesman Karl Swanson could not be reached last night after the union's position became clear.

An NFL spokesman confirmed the league received Arrington's formal claim, called a non-injury grievance. The spokesman said an impartial arbitrator would be assigned to the case and that it could be several months before a hearing.

Because Poston filed the grievance apart from the NFLPA, there was speculation he hadn't won the union's support. But Berthelsen dismissed that theory and said issues relating to the postponement of the filing deadline led Poston to move forward independently.

Despite the NFLPA's backing, there remain questions about Arrington's claim, non-Redskins sources familiar with the case said. An example is the initial haziness with which the dispute arose. Poston apparently did not notice the missing $6.5 million for several weeks, and in initial dealings with the union he declined to say exactly where the $6.5 million had been in the deal.

Also, there are several common-sense issues:

•There already is a $6.5 million roster bonus in 2006 of Arrington's contract. It is unclear why the sides would have agreed to a separate, simultaneous $6.5 million roster bonus instead of simply lumping the two payments together.

•An additional $6.5 million roster bonus would boost Arrington's 2006 cap figure to an enormous $18.6 million. It is unclear why Washington would have agreed to a pact that necessitated massive restructuring or Arrington's release after only two seasons.

As the contract stands, Arrington is set to have a $12.1 million cap figure in 2006. But sources said there is a clause that permits Washington to convert the $6.5 million roster bonus to signing bonus for cap purposes, meaning the Redskins are assured of being able to lower his figure to a manageable $6.7 million.

Neither Arrington nor Poston could be reached for comment.

Notes — Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Bobby Taylor will visit the Redskins on Thursday. New York Giants cornerback Ralph Brown was scheduled to arrive last night, while former Indianapolis Colts corner Walt Harris will visit tomorrow. The Redskins played host to former Chicago Bears linebacker Warrick Holdman, but no signing was imminent.

Well the times has Taylor visiting on thursday so i guess it is false

Ok heres what a guy on espn boards found.He found this on Bengals.com,,

Ironically, Vincent?s teammate in Philadelphia the past eight seasons, Taylor, became the Bengals? next target during his visit Monday. After Taylor?s people countered the Bengals? proposal, he got on a plane back to Houston to mull a visit to the Cowboys. But then Snyder, the Redskins owner, called to set up a visit for Thursday.

Archived