Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What has made you smile more today?

Art

Signing Washington for our very own, or reports that Owens was heading to Philly only to wind up in Baltimore, or reports that Winfield signed with the Jets, only to not have. I only throw the Jets in because as our whipping boys, it just makes a guy smile when they are confronted by the realities of their atrocious front office and ownership.

im glad T.O. went to baltimore, he woulda been tough. Now unless some other big name wideout shows up, we really dont have a divisional rival with a huge star like we have Coles, plus a solid Gardner and McCants. I really have nothing against the Jets, though it is funny reading their forum how pissed off they are. I didnt really know much of Washington, other than that im glad we have another solid linebacker starter. I enjoy it more reading the jets forum and seeing how pissed they are.

We are looking awfully legit right about now. Though to take all the criticism we did in 2000 about attempting to "buy a championship" and not expect at least that amount of criticism this year would be misguided.

Objectively we're spending a lot more in a lot more places this year. The difference is, it's Gibbs driving the train.

If we land Tupa, where are our holes at that point, outside of the D-Line? maybe Safety, that's about it.

This is a great thread.

I loved all three. The Jets are just pathetic and are coming very close to the Cardinals in terms of NFL credibility. And the Eagles missing out on TO was huge.

But my favorite event today was our signing of Washington. Just a great signing for us. And as an added bonus, we totally screwed over the Eagles with this signing.

Over on the Eagles board (igglephans.com) this signing is killing them. Very funny read. They really wanted this guy and some are even saying it hurts worse than not getting TO. The kicker is that they wasted the day in their failure to get TO, and it cost them a chance at Washington. Gotta love it!

Memo to the Eagles and Jets front offices:

"COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS!"

glengarry2_ab.jpg

It has to be Owens going to the Ravens. Any time a division rival gets snubbed that’s a good thing. I can’t stand the Ravens either but at least they are in the AFC.

On a whole this whole off-season has been just about as good as I could have asked for.

Archived