Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WIP saying owens on the way to philly

bsmsss

Originally posted by bsmsss

ragin there is there wr

Whatever that part means, but what I am wondering is doesn't there have to be a trade?

Wondering if Kearse is part of it?

Perhaps, even though I know this is far-fetched, we can offer up Rod and Betts to the 9ers for Kearse......

If true, I'm impressed I didn't think the Eagles had it in them.

They're walking a dangerous line, though. Why pony up the dough for an over-30 WR when they have cast off any player on their team in that age bracket? I can see the logic, but try explaining it to the existing Eagles.

Maybe they are seeing the light - that managing the cap as an end to itself isn't the way to go. Sometimes you have to break the bank to get the players you NEED.

TO would be a volatile mix to throw in that locker room, though...

If TO signs in Philly, their talent level at their weakest position - WR - goes waaaaaay up. However, that may happen at the expense of undercutting McNabb's leadership on the team and particularly on the offense, not to mention Andy Reid's stature.

That team's gotten to the NFC Championship 3 straight years with merely above average overall talent. I'm wondering whether Owens will end up being a fly in that ointment.

They can cast off other over-30 players because they are not at need positions. They have Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown, who presumably are ready to take over. WR has been the Eagles' biggest need the entire time that they've been good... in his career, Donovan McNabb's never had a prime receiver. McNabb+T.O. is scary. They couldn't pass this opportunity up as long as they're willing to spend money all of a sudden.

Originally posted by speedwagon20

If they get TO and Kearse in the first day of Free Agency, that will be an EXCELLENT off season.

I'd have to give props to the Eagles and make them the front-runner in the East yet again!

dude, u're kidding right? Props or not, Kearse can be canceled out by our o-line so just adding TO won't solve anything given that if they give up there frist rounder they won't have a high enough pick to get one of the GREAT WR. Hence, the only WR they'll have that can catch will be TO, so if u double team him not only will McNabb not be able to get the ball to him or anyone else, but TO will be pissed. I hope they do sign him, they won't have enough money for anything else. The iggles are fools, they won't take the east over us or even the cowboys. They'll have another tought scehdule and TO blasting people. There #3 at best, and that's only if the Giants don't get better under there new coach, which won't be the case.

:eaglesuck

------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

If they sign T.O., when we play them, we just run the crap outta Portis against their piss poor run defense, and control the ball to keep it out of the Eagles offense's hands

Kearse might be a good DE, but they still can't handle a strong ground game, something no one in the NFC East had

Until now ;)

T.O. is a great talent, but too much of a head case. If Philly signs him, just wait until McNabb throws a few balls in the dirt on the way to Owens and watch him implode the locker room. Philly has bad WRs because McNabb cannot get them the ball where he needs to. It will be no different with T.O.

Hail!

H

:eaglesuck

Say what you want about Philly's signings but if they land T.O. to go with Kearse that is huge. Their D-line was banged up last year. Walker, Simmon, Kalu, Kearse with McDougle coming off the bench is pretty scarry. Good news is they have sheldon brown and lito shepperd at corner.

Archived