Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WIP saying owens on the way to philly

bsmsss

TO wold be a monster pick up for them. If it happens they could be a great offense. This does not address that McNabb is still over rated and inaccurate.

I think that McNabb was sacked more times than Ramsey last year. Not because of his line but because he doesn't have a quick release.

Originally posted by Renegade7

Props or not, Kearse can be canceled out by our o-line

With the Skins, Kearse was going to wreak havoc and be "The Freak" again yet OUR O-Line can contain him? If that's the case, Samuels had better regain his Pro Bowl form fast if Kearse plays RDE. Whether you think so or not, Kearse to Philly is going to present big problems for our O-Line and TO would present big problems for our defense.

I am not happy about this at all. :mad: I would have preferred to overpay Kearse just to keep him away from Philly. Maybe he and Greg Williams aren't buddy-buddy or maybe Williams said he wasn't worth it. Either way, I think it was a mistake to let the Eagles get their greasy, cheesesteak hands on him.

Now that's scary. I don't think Smoot is ready to take on TO yet, nither is Springs. Iggles might be a TO away from SB appearance, and it's about time for them before it's too late.

This year could be their last chance.

With the Skins, Kearse was going to wreak havoc and be "The Freak" again yet OUR O-Line can contain him? If that's the case, Samuels had better regain his Pro Bowl form fast if Kearse plays RDE. Whether you think so or not, Kearse to Philly is going to present big problems for our O-Line and TO would present big problems for our defense.

Assuming Brunell starts, Jansen is going to be the one taking care of those pass rushing de's

Originally posted by IAMBG

Whatever that part means, but what I am wondering is doesn't there have to be a trade?

Just a shot at me, but that's okay. I've dealt with Brett long enough that it doesn't hurt my feelings.

Anyway, TO to Philly is a good move on their part. Too bad they don't have a QB that can really utilize him. Philly looks to be a player this year for the first time since I can remember.

Reid on the hotseat? Sounds like it to me. Actually, it kind of reminds me of when we signed Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jeff George and Mark Carrier. All old players with question marks in the injury and head departments. All signed to huge contracts. Make no doubt about it, they are trying to make a run before it all comes crashing down. I noticed they only gave the minimum tender to Buckhalter. Hope someone comes in and snatches him away from them.

Watch this blow up and their faces. I can see TO now having a fit after McHype tosses another pass at his feet or over his head.

All said in done though, I really do think Philly has improved and is probably the front runner (if they get TO) to repersent the NFC in the Superbowl.

:puke: :eaglesuck :shot:

Whatever. I hope Philly finally does get the talent they've needed, i'm getting tired of the same excuses every year from their fans and the media.

They'll be the ones with the targets on their chests and we'll be the hapless underdogs. That's EXACTLY how Gibbs would draw it up if it were up to him.

Originally posted by Truant

Whatever. I hope Philly finally does get the talent they've needed, i'm getting tired of the same excuses every year from their fans and the media.

What excuses? They've blown it two consecutive years. I've heard more excuses from Redskins media and fans over the past three seasons than from the Eagles.

A lot of hypocrisy on this thread, mixed in with some good analysis.

Those who think the Eagles will automatically suck at run defense next season are fairly clueless. If they were at full strength last year (excuse) they would have been top-10 in run defense. As it was, they were in top-10 at points allowed. That's the stat that counts.

Kearse is a decent move. It's risky, as some have pointed out, but he immediately (when healthy) overmatches every OT in the division. Remember, Portis does not automatically equal a good running game. If the o-line tanks like it did last year, he'll be wanting a ticket back to Denver real fast.

Add TO to the mix, and the Eagles end up with an A+ FA season, hands down.

To those who are wearing blinders and not admiting that McNabb remains the best QB in the division, and one of the better ones in the NFC even with horrendous receivers, look at the stats. When healthy, he completed 65% of his passes last season. True, he had a few occasional worm burners (just to keep them sharp), but he also had a legitimate scoring threat in Westbrook for the first time in his career. Add TO to that and the Eagles will soar next year. If they don't, it's Reid's a$$. ;)

Knowing the FO, they're probably thrilled at this move and are finished. If that's the case, they get an F. There are still too many positions that can be improved.

In any event, at least the Eagles have actually done something. Whether it works out or not, who can tell, but they actually took a chance. That's amazing in itself.

OK, so there's a little locker-room cancer for a team that, up until today, had great continuity.

A player like Owens ends up leading the team, and spreading his disease of selfishness throughout the organization.

Plus, McNabb still has to throw the ball to him, and that could be a problem.

No offense though Blazers, this will inevitably make a great team even better.

But we have Gibbs.

And Portis.

Good match-ups in 2004!

Archived