Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New thread rule

freakofthesouth

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

Hey buddy, you can keep your pants up.

There is a hierarchal structure here, and it is illustrated w/ the avatars. If you don't post/contribute, whether you've been here since Oct 02 or not, then your avatar stays the same, unless Patrick Ramsey is your brother or something.

Man, to be honest, I don't care that much; overall, it might save a little space on the server and promote intelligent conversations. That's my point.

So put your ugly a$$ back in your pants, you waterboy.

This place has always been free for all to post what ever is on their mind. I don't post much, and I don't care what avatar I have. You would have gone nuts prior to the tailgate when this board first got going.

I could post things that have been covered already by the time I get home at night, but I don't. There are many members that don't have a huge count of posts that have been here from the early days and well respected .........Trevor comes to mind, with many others.

As for Bayougator getting the special treatment..............he didn't have to let on who he is, nor bring his brother into our comunity. IMO, Pat is taking a little chance going online live without an OK from the team. It's the least we can do for a member who's gonna give us insight that we can get nowhere else on the planet.

I think that newbies, have a right to post messages and even start threads on here. We're all fans, and some of us go overboard with it, I don't think we need to censor it, so much as we need to set the record straight with these guys. For instance, when I got on this message board I was so excited to see a place for Redskins fans to have a dialogue, in an intelligent manner. I moved here to Atlanta, Ga from Baltimore, MD. when I was 9, and until now I've had no one to talk to about football, so I'll admit that I was very excited ... I've only been on here a few days, maybe a week. But, I got on here I had two things I wanted to know, so I posted 2 separate threads. The first got some responses cuz it was a "new" thread. The second however was me wondering about the draft, but. instead of everyone going all "Happy go Jacky, Like a Donkey eatin' a Waffle", there were a couple of people who posted and let me know that there were already a couple of threads regarding that subject matter. I appreciated that, and since then, before I start a thread I try and make sure I'm not repeating an older thread. So, let's not keep the fans, new or old, from being fans, just set us straight if need be.

Originally posted by joeskinsfan

I think that newbies, have a right to post messages and even start threads on here. We're all fans, and some of us go overboard with it, I don't think we need to censor it, so much as we need to set the record straight with these guys. For instance, when I got on this message board I was so excited to see a place for Redskins fans to have a dialogue, in an intelligent manner. I moved here to Atlanta, Ga from Baltimore, MD. when I was 9, and until now I've had no one to talk to about football, so I'll admit that I was very excited ... I've only been on here a few days, maybe a week. But, I got on here I had two things I wanted to know, so I posted 2 separate threads. The first got some responses cuz it was a "new" thread. The second however was me wondering about the draft, but. instead of everyone going all "Happy go Jacky, Like a Donkey eatin' a Waffle", there were a couple of people who posted and let me know that there were already a couple of threads regarding that subject matter. I appreciated that, and since then, before I start a thread I try and make sure I'm not repeating an older thread. So, let's not keep the fans, new or old, from being fans, just set us straight if need be.

Good points from a newer guys perspective joe. I wouldn't sweat the 'I started a thread and no one noticed' thing. Believe me, there was a time when I contemplated changing my screenname to 'The Threadkiller'. I think the first 3 threads I ever started got nothing but a few polite sentences. Even now, I rarely start threads unless I happen onto something I think is a unique thought or question. Its human nature to remember the few ridiculous people that come here and flame away, or post nonsense, and forget about the vast majority who lurk awhile, make a few tentative posts, then dive in with gusto. The great thing about this place is the generally grown-up, civil tone, and even greater is that its the members here who largely keep it that way.

Originally posted by Tarhog

I wouldn't sweat the 'I started a thread and no one noticed' thing.

Thanks for the input Tarhog. BTW, just to let you know, I don't really care about people not frequenting my thread, I was using my first experience in here as an example of how things should be treated. Rather, than those guys ridiculing me, they understood I was new and told me that there were already a couple threads dedicated to the one I started. Thanks!

Originally posted by joeskinsfan

Thanks for the input Tarhog. BTW, just to let you know, I don't really care about people not frequenting my thread, I was using my first experience in here as an example of how things should be treated. Rather, than those guys ridiculing me, they understood I was new and told me that there were already a couple threads dedicated to the one I started. Thanks!

Every new member experiences it. Every single member experiences it.

People have to realize when you're new... established members generally take a while to familiarize themselves with you to see what kind of views you hold and whether or not it's worthwhile to engage you in a discussion.

If you are the type to start 20 threads no longer than 1 sentence and you don't follow through discussing the topic that you created with members you made the effort to discuss the topic you created.... well don't expect regular members to begin conversing with you.

Some members like voicing their opinions... others like discussing topics... and yet others enjoy arguing about them :)

There are certain posters to engage for longwinded indepth discussions... there's other posters for short quick answers... and then there are others just for humor (ie. Mick ) :)

If you want somebody to respond to a post... I recommend NOT posing open-ended questions. Ask direct questions... and even solicit responses from specific members.

Just some words of advice for newbies.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Every new member experiences it. Every single member experiences it.

People have to realize when you're new... established members generally take a while to familiarize themselves with you to see what kind of views you hold and whether or not it's worthwhile to engage you in a discussion.

If you are the type to start 20 threads no longer than 1 sentence and you don't follow through discussing the topic that you created with members you made the effort to discuss the topic you created.... well don't expect regular members to begin conversing with you.

Some members like voicing their opinions... others like discussing topics... and yet others enjoy arguing about them :)

There are certain posters to engage for longwinded indepth discussions... there's other posters for short quick answers... and then there are others just for humor (ie. Mick ) :)

If you want somebody to respond to a post... I recommend NOT posing open-ended questions. Ask direct questions... and even solicit responses from specific members.

Just some words of advice for newbies.

Hey! Who said you could talk, newbie!

:laugh:

I just wanted to add a word, as most women do, about what is posted when the rookies join the team. I really just enjoy reading what most of you guys have to say and hopefully will get something out of it. I am a - single -die hard skins fan just looking for someone that has the same interests as I do. But being the woman I guess I am supposed to be seen and not heard.

Originally posted by bareskin

I just wanted to add a word, as most women do, about what is posted when the rookies join the team. I really just enjoy reading what most of you guys have to say and hopefully will get something out of it. I am a - single -die hard skins fan just looking for someone that has the same interests as I do. But being the woman I guess I am supposed to be seen and not heard.

This is a football board... not the personals :laugh: You've definitely put some chum in the water.

We encourage women to participate. Absolutely. Frankly, I'm surprised there aren't more.

Originally posted by Yusuf06

Hmmmm, that sure does remind me of someone. I just for the life of me can't figure out who:whoknows:

Ohhhh yeah that BSmsss guy.............

What a windbag. Long a*s posts that took forver to get through.

Though I wish Art could post more than a single sentece per post..............:rolleyes: Maybe you can learn something from Mr. BMssssafaswesh*t

Archived