Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New thread rule

freakofthesouth

Originally posted by bareskin

I figured I would stir the pot a little. Sometimes the conversations get a little boring without a woman around. Hope you guys don't mind me in here. I have played my share of football myself.

Hey now.......;)

I figured I would stir the pot a little. Sometimes the conversations get a little boring without a woman around. Hope you guys don't mind me in here. I have played my share of football myself.

ok guys now breathe..............................

:laugh:

a women who loves football is on a notch higher then the ordinary lady :cheers:

Sometimes there are more things to discuss than football - unless we are in the playoffs.

I totally disagree. Coach Gibbs (YES, COACH GIBBS!!!) is assembling our new coaching staff. They will soon start player evaluation. Players will be cut. Free agents will be brought in. Pre-draft minicamp will be upon us before we know it. Then it's draft time. A little lull after the draft, and we have mini camp. Then full on training camp, preason, and the regular season.

There is so much football to talk about!!!!!

Ok, You made your point. But you still have to admit the season sure isn't the same without being in those playoffs. But yes there are many other aspects of this team, this next season - a new beginning and Thank God for The Man - He's back. There is new life in the air you can feel it.

I still consider myself new compared most of the people on this site. Plus I know I have started some threads that were not very good and some replays that were not very good. I did not do it just to post but my computer is slow and I get frustrated so my posts don't always come out right and sometimes it is just that I'm new to message boards in general. My point is, I still think being able to post or start threads right away makes the new members feel welcome. I think if you don't like the thread and want to slam them go ahead but keeping them from posting is wrong. Their might be a new member with some very good insight witch would be lost if they had to wait until they posted a certain amount until they could start a new thread. :2cents:

Bareskin, one of our most beloved members here is a woman. Quite a woman as a matter of fact. You have nothing to worry about, except for the occasional neanderthal leanings (might want to steer clear of threads like 'The Daily Babe', for example, depending on how open-minded you might be)...

Welcome to the site! :cheers:

Originally posted by Tarhog

Bareskin, one of our most beloved members here is a woman. Quite a woman as a matter of fact. You have nothing to worry about, except for the occasional neanderthal leanings (might want to steer clear of threads like 'The Daily Babe', for example, depending on how open-minded you might be)...

Welcome to the site! :cheers:

Why thank you, Tarhog. That is the sweetest thing anyone has said to me in a long long time.

Oh, you meant Blondie, didn't you? :(

;)

Originally posted by Die Hard

This is a football board... not the personals :laugh: You've definitely put some chum in the water.

We encourage women to participate. Absolutely. Frankly, I'm surprised there aren't more.

I agree. I do know there are some other women members.

I have a dear friend that is one of them. Why she doesn't

post I don't know, because she knows football. Her nephew

played for the Rams/Chiefs. Last played for Chiefs two years

ago. I've tried to encourage her to speak out.

Candy...glad to see you back. You have been missed.

(Comes out of back. Adjusts..............collar. :) ). Hey, (looking at riggens 44), was that Candy? really? wow. Thought she moved to Austrailia or something. ;) Well said Tarhog. Well said. :cool: And xanathos19, with thousands of members I dare say we can never have too much estrogen around here. Though I bet you ask the members who have said estrogen they would say there are times we have too much testosterone here. :silly:

:cheers:

Not to drag out the gender issue too much longer, but I want to say that one of the main reason I joined this board is because I knew that my opinions on football would be treated fairly and on their merits. Let's face it: When you're a twenty-something chick who loves to talk football, guys think you're hot and your family thinks you're mildly amusing. When you're a forty-something housewife (like me) who loves to talk football, guys think that you couldn't possibly understand the game and your family thinks that you really need to get a hobby. I love the fact that I can rant here if I want to and no one is going to ask me if I've taken my medication today.

But back on topic: I promise not to start any new threads until I've made 100 posts.

Man oh man, with all the female members, I'm gonna have to start to shave, and not sit here in my draws

:laugh:

But back on topic: I promise not to start any new threads until I've made 100 posts.

Screw that..............speak your mind

That's what I'm talkin' bout right there Pete. Get it out there. doesn't make a difference new or been around for awhile. It's already been said, board, even after all this growth, looks after itself pretty well. Being the good community it is, that's no surprise. We're all about talking here. So to speak. I mean..... :silly:

Archived