Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New thread rule

freakofthesouth

For the mods-

Poeple just seem to be posting crap sometimes when they first get here.

Maybe a good idea would be to not allow new threads from Cheerleaders or even Waterboys. When they become Camp Fodders, that's when they can post.

If they are forced to contribute intellectually before they can post, that would filter-out all of the pointless threads.

I just read one titled 'Joe.' In the post, it read, 'not your avearge Joe.' Just like that. What the hell does this mean?

I mean, we can all poke fun, which we most likely will, but it might actually save some poeple the scrutiny, and they might stick around and have a real contribution to the community if they don't start out this way.

What do you think mods? Is it do-able?

I beg to differ my dear sir. After their initial exuberance, all new members simmer down. Besides not all "cheerleaders" and "waterboys" are new members.

I have been a member here since October 2002, and I dont start threads just to say something. So consider this polite dissent.:moon:

Although I understand the sentiment, I don't think we need to limit the majority of new folks (sometimes they start interesting threads) because we get the occasional slow learner or knucklehead. The mods run a tight ship here and take care of any bottom-feeders that happen along when they feel its becoming a distraction.

Just my opinion though :)

Originally posted by Horseman

I beg to differ my dear sir. After their initial exuberance, all new members simmer down. Besides not all "cheerleaders" and "waterboys" are new members.

I have been a member here since October 2002, and I dont start threads just to say something. So consider this polite dissent.:moon:

Hey buddy, you can keep your pants up.

There is a hierarchal structure here, and it is illustrated w/ the avatars. If you don't post/contribute, whether you've been here since Oct 02 or not, then your avatar stays the same, unless Patrick Ramsey is your brother or something.

Man, to be honest, I don't care that much; overall, it might save a little space on the server and promote intelligent conversations. That's my point.

So put your ugly a$$ back in your pants, you waterboy.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Although I understand the sentiment, I don't think we need to limit the majority of new folks (sometimes they start interesting threads) because we get the occasional slow learner or knucklehead. The mods run a tight ship here and take care of any bottom-feeders that happen along when they feel its becoming a distraction.

Just my opinion though :)

Yeah, Tarhog, that's a good point. Anyone that becomes a disruption will be dealt with...I've seen it happen plenty!

OK, well, I'll just be in the Tailgate for awhile until this blows over...:paranoid:

Originally posted by Buck "Heavy Jumbo" Dean

I second that. About that "Joe" article, he did have an attachment, but it was all computer garble when you opened it.

After the spaming that went on Saturday afternoon, I wasn't about to open it. But yeah, it does seem that some newbies are kinda shootin their loads on starting some pointless threads that either say or ask nothing. I'm for a "hello" thread. Those are always fun. Maybe 1 new thread a week limit for the newbies?

Originally posted by Tarhog

Hey freak...I can't even FIGURE OUT some of the recent threads, much less decide whether someone needs to be derided or not.

Its a strange strange world we live in my friend.

What about the indian thread today? Something about 'Why the hate on the indian?'

A strange world indeed Hog..:insane:

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

Hey buddy, you can keep your pants up.

There is a hierarchal structure here, and it is illustrated w/ the avatars. If you don't post/contribute, whether you've been here since Oct 02 or not, then your avatar stays the same, unless Patrick Ramsey is your brother or something.

Man, to be honest, I don't care that much; overall, it might save a little space on the server and promote intelligent conversations. That's my point.

So put your ugly a$$ back in your pants, you waterboy.

Alright Mr. Ihaveagazillionposts, cool your heels. I am only pointing out that some folks have been here a for a while and are pretty reasonable when it comes to starting threads.

I quake in my boots when I behold the number of posts you have made. However not all of us have a burning desire to be known as the guy with several thousand posts irrespective of depth.

So hold off on your lecture on hierarchy, because I can ratchet up my posts per day in the blink of an eye.

and, oh by the way, the mooning was supposed to be a pun on the phrase "polite dissent"... sorry you didnt quite get it.

Originally posted by Horseman

Who gave you permission to speak? :silly:

Archived