Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New thread rule

freakofthesouth

Originally posted by WallyG3

My vote is no new threads for Cheerleaders. I think it's totally appropriate to require 50 replys to existing threads before you can create a new one.

This could be very important as the board grows, and it will grow a lot this year!

except the initial ice-breaking hello thread.

Originally posted by Horseman

Alright Mr. Ihaveagazillionposts, cool your heels. I am only pointing out that some folks have been here a for a while and are pretty reasonable when it comes to starting threads.

I quake in my boots when I behold the number of posts you have made. However not all of us have a burning desire to be known as the guy with several thousand posts irrespective of depth.

So hold off on your lecture on hierarchy, because I can ratchet up my posts per day in the blink of an eye.

and, oh by the way, the mooning was supposed to be a pun on the phrase "polite dissent"... sorry you didnt quite get it.

Hey, my heels are cool man.

I am not the greatest poster. There are others. Others before me that have many more. More will come. Others will post more.

Anyways, I'm kidding man. And I didn't get the reference to 'polite dissent.' Is that some kind of friggin' waterboy humor?

Well it's not funny. And neither are you.

:geek:

Nothing will turn this site into a small group of "ole timers" more quickly. Yea, I'm a newbie. But I've been a Skins fan longer than many of the people on this site. Also, the owners of the site ask for my financial support just like everyone else, but wouldn't allow me the same priveleges as others (if they take your advice)??

I understand that some people don't know how to use message boards and may start weird threads, but hey welcome to the world of the internet and message boards. That's just the way it goes.

Those who have been around for a while are sensitive to anything new or different. Since Joe Gibbs returned, and with the large influx of people coming in looking for Bang's cartoons, there has been a very quick and very large influx of new posters.

It's likely a good many of those are not long-time lurkers who have acquired the flavor of this community ... nor is it fair really to expect them to.

What IS fair, though, is to ask and expect new members, in addition to posting new threads to kind of say hello and announce their presence, to also spend a few days reading, watching, and participating in ongoing discussions. I think most will find the balance and tone that makes this place what it is.

We aren't real keen on deleting or combining threads unless it becomes an obvious necessity. We've found that the board polices itself here well enough where we don't have to step in all that often.

Less work for us = a good thing. :)

So for ALL the newbies ... welcome to the best damn Redskin site you'll ever find. Pull up a chair and settle in. If you feel like standing up ON the chair and leading us in song from time to time, feel free ... only please try to remember that too many soloists can spoil the chorus.

Or something like that.

Yeah, I agree Om. I could see how it would be significant work for you guys. I was under the impression that there might be a 'switch' somehow connected to the avatars, where each one gets some type of priviledge.

You guys do a great job with the site, though, don't get me wrong. I don't know what I'd do at work w/o you!

I thought I'd throw the idea on the board, and see what poeple said.

As for the newbies...

YOUR A$$ IS MINE! COME AND CLEAN MY HOUSE EVERY WEEKEND FOR THE NEXT 4 MONTHS!

JK! Welcome everybody, and let it be known that if you post something stupid, you will be stupified.

But...I have already been proven wrong by newcomers that have great posts.

:smoke:

I doubt very seriously we'd ever seriously consider implementing any kind of governor feature on posts. Since its inception, this place has been about encouraging traffic, not limiting it.

The recent high traffic is understandable given the events of the last week. We'll see the membership continue to grow, but I don't think the frantic pace of the last week or so will keep up.

He says, advisedly. :paranoid:

I say we just ride this runaway train for a while. It's actually rather exhilirating, when you think about it. I'm kinda enjoying having 2 or 3 pages of new FedEx stuff to look at every morning. Hell, I may get myself fired yet. :)

Personally, I think the mods do a great job of monitoring the

site.

They encourage participation which is the life of the site. They

will ban, clown, or restrict someone's usage when things get

out of hand. I say they need a big thanks. :applause:

These guys have full time jobs, plus try to keep us happy by

adding new features.

Right now everyone is giddy over Gibbs coming back, but like OM said I believe things will calm down. It's kind of like going to the gym right now. The place is packed with the New Years resolution people that you know will start falling by the wayside shortly.

Archived