Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: K-pop star Karina apologises after relationship goes public

A K-pop star has issued a grovelling apology after incensed fans accused her of "betrayal" - because she has a boyfriend.

The fans reportedly drove a truck to pop star Karina's agency after finding out she was dating actor Lee Jae-wook.

"Is the love given to you by your fans not enough?" an electronic billboard on the vehicle demanded.

"I apologise for surprising you greatly," said the 23-year-old wrote, promising to show a "more mature and hardworking side" in future. The singer, real name Yu Ji-min, has led the four-woman aespa since their debut in 2020, with the single Black Mamba. Last year, their record-breaking album My World sold 2.1m copies in South Korea.

This is not an isolated incident, however. Pop stars in South Korea and Japan work in a notoriously pressurising industries, where such personal revelations can be tricky to navigate.

In Japan, many pop stars are bound by "no dating" clauses in their contracts, and getting married requires permission.

The news of Karina's relationship first broke on 27 February, with Karina and Lee, 25, later confirming the two had met last year. Lee's agency C-JeS Studio asked for "warm respect... as this involves his private life".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68487232

No wonder Ohtani is hiding his wife

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Who are these people?? lol...

The two on the right look exactly alike, they might be the same person. 

P.S. That sounded racist...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

2027 Rock and Roll hall of fame inductees based on what they let in there 😉

(Drive by cross thread reference)

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

in america people freak out when sydney sweeney getes in a relationship and is about to be married, but in korea and japan its' a whole another level

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

i review kpop daily i am probably the only one here who knows who she, jihyo, or nana are

image.gif.f2bac14cc8f248fb973cda53bbc1b5f9.gif

"Is the love given to you by your fans not enough?" an electronic billboard on the vehicle demanded.

The fact that someone could ask such a question and not immediately die of shame is disappointing. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Destino said:

The fact that someone could ask such a question and not immediately die of shame is disappointing. 

C'mon, dude. Doesn't thinking about me, thinking about you while I touch myself fulfill all of your life needs? Why are you so shallow?

2 hours ago, Destino said:

The billboard was poorly worded. It would have been more accurate to say:

”You have no musical talent and your only commercial worth is as a sexual fantasy to your loser incel fans. Having a partner bursts our pathetic bubble and you are no longer interesting to us.”

• Like 1