Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: K-pop star Karina apologises after relationship goes public

I had no idea this is what Kpop was about. I legit thought Koreans where just discovering pop music and really into it. Like how they went though 80s hiphop like 3 decades late. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

The billboard was poorly worded. It would have been more accurate to say:

”You have no musical talent and your only commercial worth is as a sexual fantasy to your loser incel fans. Having a partner bursts our pathetic bubble and you are no longer interesting to us.”

You can’t just go around throwing undiluted honesty on the streets without warning. People could die. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's crazy how different the music cultures are between America and Korea. Stars have to brake up or get destroyed publicly for their relationships, meanwhile in America fans are looking forward to finding out which of the four week flings a singer dated will get the official breakup album. Nobody is a legit singer until they have at least 3 breakup albums about specific relationships they've had.

7 hours ago, NickyJ said:

It's crazy how different the music cultures are between America and Korea. Stars have to brake up or get destroyed publicly for their relationships, meanwhile in America fans are looking forward to finding out which of the four week flings a singer dated will get the official breakup album. Nobody is a legit singer until they have at least 3 breakup albums about specific relationships they've had.

Recall a meme:

With the invention of self driving cars, it's only a matter of time till there's a country/western song where the guy's truck leaves him. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Larry said:

Recall a meme:

With the invention of self driving cars, it's only a matter of time till there's a country/western song where the guy's truck leaves him. 

And a number of household appliances go along for the ride.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c98zyq3g8xyo

Audits, allegations of copying, an emotional press conference, confused fans - the latest controversy shaking the K-pop world has it all.

At the centre of it all - popular group NewJeans, the woman who is their creative director, and one of South Korea’s biggest, most influential record labels.

The infighting between Hybe, the entertainment giant behind the success of BTS, and the head of its subsidiary label Ador has gripped the country for days now.

The tension peaked on Thursday when Min Hee-jin, CEO of Ador, gave a two-hour press conference where she sobbed several times and used expletive language.

"It's not me who betrayed Hybe, it's Hybe that betrayed me," the K-pop veteran said in the live-streamed event.

"I don't know what you think, but I wanted to focus on NewJeans."