Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Oooo can I weigh in on breakfast around the world?!?

Lets see, one of my visits to China, Breakfast was basically dinner's leftovers. 

Europe, nothing like all the baked goods and cold cuts. 

England was probably the closest to an American breakfast Ive had, but wtf was with the blood sausage and beans for breakfast.

Now before anyone says its not like that, these are all experiences I have had with people from that country.

Ill edit for America. Pancakes...who the **** are we kidding..its a thicker crepe that isnt rolled up to hide all the sugar.

Edited by Xameil
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Europe, nothing like all the baked goods and cold cuts. 

Absolutely the best!

29 minutes ago, Xameil said:

but wtf was with the blood sausage and beans for breakfast.

I just can't get this either...baffling! 

31 days until the draft!

36 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. What is a full English breakfast?

Eggs (usually fried but can be scrambled), bacon, tomato, often sausage (sometimes black pudding), sometimes mushrooms. All grilled. Baked beans are optional, although I love them. Maybe toast or hash browns. Absolutely delicious.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Eggs (usually fried but can be scrambled), bacon, tomato, often sausage (sometimes black pudding), sometimes mushrooms. All grilled. Baked beans are optional, although I love them. Maybe toast or hash browns. Absolutely delicious.

When finished you have to mop it up with bread and butter. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I typed and deleted 3 replies to that. I’m going to play it safe and just leave it :rofl89:

Thats what she said....

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This thread is the gift that just keeps giving. 

Especially after eating baked beans for breakfast

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is the one I dont get. Everytime I am on a cruise it amazes me the way the Brits hammer beans. It is like a staple food for breakfast I guess?

Biologically breakfast is an opportunity to sustain bodily function by ingesting proteins, carbohydrates and or fats after a fasting period of x hours.

What humans actually ingest, for breakfast, is largely a matter of habit and availability.

Habits that were  created in our environment by constant repitition during early childhood.

In other words, we eat what we eat, and call it "breakfast" because we were conditioned to think of it as what breakfast should be.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Biologically breakfast is an opportunity to sustain bodily function by ingesting proteins, carbohydrates and or fats after a fasting period of x hours.

What humans actually ingest, for breakfast, is largely a matter of habit and availability.

Habits that were  created in our environment by constant repitition during early childhood.

In other words, we eat what we eat, and call it "breakfast" because we were conditioned to think of it as what breakfast should be.

Bingo, I’ve worked a rotatating swing shift now for over 30years and if there is 1 thing it has taught me it’s that we are brain washed into thinking what is breakfast, lunch and dinner and what food we eat at those appropriate times.

It’s nothing for me to eat a leftover meal from a restaurant the previous night for breakfast at work the next morning (hamburger, steak, you name it, chicken wings etc..) also another area is what times we shouldn’t eat after, we’ve been taught/told you shouldn’t eat after 7:00-8:00pm but again when I’m on the night shift I’ll eat at 1:00-2:00am and I’m still in good shape and relatively a healthy guy.  It’s all eating in moderation, and eating whatever you want at whatever time, no restrictions as to the meal or type it is at a certain time

Edited by Command The 414
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I've been to about 50 countries, and my favorite breakfast is in Vietnam.  Also, full Irish > full English.  And the blood pudding is delicious.  

Love going to Vietnam. But only thing I can say about it is its a mix of alot of cultures. Probably because Ive only had breakfast in the hotel Im at which is very multi-cultural.

Only thing that really stood out was all the fresh squeezed tropical juices.

• Like 2