Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The NFL isn't fair. At the end of the day he was a bottom 5 QB former 5th round pick whos rookie contract is halfway expired. He's dunzo.

Everything you said is a verifiable fact up until “He’s dunzo”. You may end up being right, but the story is far from finished.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Top 51 contracts only likely closer to 65mil in space. You can basically adjust back on 1m per contract from here on in. New contract hits, one minimum value deal drops of the bottom of the 51 list.

Take into account the draft picks we need to sign.

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yep it appears NE really want him, but he struggled year 1 with the Jags picking up the offense. I think he prefers to avoid starting over.

Sounds like he’s quicker on the field than he is between the ears.

24 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I don't think you could convince me Sam Darnold has something to hang his hat on (outside of getting paid for said failures).

I remember after one of his first college games (I think it was actually the first one, but I’m not 100% sure on that), there were people on here talking about how we had to start the process of tanking so that we could have the first pick in a couple years and lock him up.

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Everything you said is a verifiable fact up until “He’s dunzo”. You may end up being right, but the story is far from finished.

The chances are very low he turns into anything beyond a decent backup.

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Just a moment to embrace: how long has it been for fans of this team to feel this good at this time of year? 🙂🏈👍:815::815::redskins-3908:

And without needing delusions or substances to feel that good!!

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I remember after one of his first college games (I think it was actually the first one, but I’m not 100% sure on that), there were people on here talking about how we had to start the process of tanking so that we could have the first pick in a couple years and lock him up.

Ok, in fairness I meant in the NFL.  Haha.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Take into account the draft picks we need to sign.

At least Per OTC ... (and this is me adding assumptions on 2024 cap hits based on the ones we know)

Top 51 (Off-Season only):

Cap Space: $59.4m

Full 53-Man:

Cap Space: $57.1m

Commanders Draft Pool:

- Rookie Pool = $16.3m

- Effective Pool = $9.9m

- Difference here for Top 51 calculation, you'll be dumping off the bottom 9 players (vet mins) from the roster and replacing them with these salaries, hence the approx. $7m diff.

So ... 

Top 51 Salary Cap Remaining with Rookies: $49.5m

Approx. 53-man Cap Remaining with Rookies: $47.2m

We went into FA with 30-ish players that were more/less likely to make the 53-man roster.

We have added 8. 

We have 9 draft picks.

That puts us at about 47 roster spots "claimed" ... obv. this is total speculation and a snapshot. But add 2 UDFAs for good measure and you're at 49 roster spots secured.

So in a way, you can say we need to add 4-5 more FAs *who will make the roster, not including camp bodies here* and we have $47.2m to do so. That's a lot of $$. We have landed 7-8 mid-tier FA contracts and eaten up about $33m. That can go a long way and I expect we will roll a bunch over EVEN if we add a high end LT and/or S and/or CB

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Glad they signed a quality vet, but I hope they add some young, explosive and toolsy TE they can develop over time. Those guys seem to take awhile, generally speaking

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

Ertz's role to me will be the most interesting to see how it unfolds. I want to say he is going to be a major part of the offensive even though he is getting long in the tooth.

And for me he has to be healthy and play in more then 11 games which for him has been hard to do the last several seasons.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

Ertz's role to me will be the most interesting to see how it unfolds. I want to say he is going to be a major part of the offensive even though he is getting long in the tooth.

If they get a young guy, I think Ertz isn't that old.  Hopefully, we see a drop in snap count and solid results when he is on the field.

• Like 1

QB MARCUS MARIOTA SIGNS WITH WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

• 2023 PFF Grade: 66.3 (N/A)
  • 2023 PFF WAR: 0.03 (40th)
  • Fit/need grade: A-
  • Value grade: B+
  • Contract: One year, $6 million 
  • PFF projected contract: N/A

The Washington Commanders join the New England Patriots as a team picking in the top three of the draft that probably doesn’t want a young player backing up a top draft pick, with Jacoby Brissett and Mariota now serving as bridges to the future. Mariota was the No. 2 overall pick back in 2015 and can now mentor the No. 2 pick in 2024. In addition, his athleticism and mobility, paired with a big arm, is the profile of quarterback Kliff Kingsbury likes to work with.

EDGE DORANCE ARMSTRONG SIGNS WITH WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

• 2023 PFF Grade: 69.6 (49th/112)
  • 2023 PFF WAR: 0.06 (53rd)
  • Fit/need grade: A
  • Value grade: B-
  • Contract: Three years, $33 million ($11 million per year), $22.125 million total guaranteed
  • PFF projected contract: Three years, $25.5 million ($8.5 million per year), $15.5 million total guaranteed

Armstrong is a proven perfect fit with new Commanders head coach Dan Quinn, who immediately helped him take his game to new heights upon arriving in Dallas three years ago. Washington could still stand to make another move at edge rusher, with Armstrong more a rotational piece than a top guy, but linebacker Frankie Luvu also adds another pass rush element. 

LB FRANKIE LUVU SIGNS WITH WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

• 2023 PFF Grade: 80.0 (10th/82)
  • 2023 PFF WAR: 0.19 (13th)
  • Value grade: A-
  • Contract: Three years, $31 million ($10.33 million per year), $19.125 million total guaranteed
  • PFF projected contract: Three years, $30 million ($10 million per year), $17 million total guaranteed

We really like this fit for Washington, with Luvu bringing an attacking downhill style and pass-rushing element at off-ball linebacker that pairs well with Jamin Davis, who excels when working sideline to sideline. 

RB AUSTIN EKELER
  • 2023 PFF Grade: 60.2 (55th/59)
  • 2023 PFF WAR: 0.06 (52nd)
  • Value grade: B
  • Contract: Two years, $8.43 million ($4.215 million per year), $4.21 million total guaranteed
  • PFF projected contract: Two years, $9 million ($4.5 million per year), $5 million total guaranteed

Ekeler brings the pass-catching element to Washington, which lost Antonio Gibson in free agency to the New England Patriots. Ekeler’s pairing with Brian Robinson is a perfect complement of skills in the backfield. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-nfl-free-agency-live-deal-grades-analysis-signings-trades-tracker#WSH

• Like 10
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, FrFan said:

Salary cap expert Andre Perrotta put together a contract projection that the Bengals could propose to Onwenu. Perrotta believes Cincinnati could offer him a 3-year, $42 million contract that includes a $15 million signing bonus, $20 million fully guaranteed at signing and $32 million in total guarantees.

21 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

If he doesn't get more than that, I will eat an entire bag of Doritos. 

I mean, I'm going to eat a bag of Doritos either way, but still he'll get more than that. 

BTW, 3 years. $57 mil fro Onwenu. 38 mil guaranteed.

Guess I'll be eating some Doritos. 

• Like 1

I kept thinking as I was listening to the radio this morning about how this all feels *right* ...

We have the #2 pick. We're clearly going to go get our rookie future (hopefully) QB. What are the best ways to build infrastructure for a new QB?

1. Pass-catching TE as an outlet

2. Pass-catching RB as an outlet

3. Veteran Center

We nailed those. Obv. the other piece is a "good OL" but clearly we started with what will help the new QB out the most out of the gate. Just feels like such a good/smart approach. Ekler and Ertz are likely not here beyond 2024 and 2025. But their impacts could last a lot longer if they're able to smooth that transition to the NFL for the rook.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

BTW, 3 years. $57 mil fro Onwenu. 38 mil guaranteed.

Guess I'll be eating some Doritos. 

Onwenu resigned with NE. 

Watching Zach Eartz on NFL Network.  Its getting me pumped up more.  Didn't expect that from him.

Talking up ownership and this regime and how jazzed he is to be a part of this team. 

Talked to a lot of people who knew Dan Quinn before accepting the offer, and was excited about what he learned about him, you feel the energy from him

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 1.58.58 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8