Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Ertz has had a good career

He's 33. He's probably a good option in the short-term and a nice addition for a rookie QB. 

Would also probably give Turner a bit more time to develop. Still think we'd need to add a TE through the draft.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Makes a ton of sense as he played for Kliff Kingsbury in AZ.  He would be a nice, inexpensive signing on a 2 year deal and he can be signed now since he was cut.  He may be the first player we sign.  He can also teach the other TEs Kliffs scheme, so to speak.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Not that excited with Ertz, serviceable. Would have to be a very low cost move IMO.

I am good with it but want another, too.  Noah Fant?

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

He's 33. He's probably a good option in the short-term and a nice addition for a rookie QB. 

Would also probably give Turner a bit more time to develop. Still think we'd need to add a TE through the draft.

Great season 3 seasons ago, good season 2 seasons ago, "meh" season last year. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am good with it but want another, too.  Noah Fant?

I’d worry we give Ertz 5m+ per year. Don’t like that idea.

I like Jonnu Smith personally. Then draft Sinnott.

• Like 1

Yeah I can't imagine Ertz getting more than a 1 year deal. MAYBE 2 but with only 1 year worth of guaranteed money.

One thing I'd consider: trading for bad contracts and taking on draft picks in return. Like, trading our 4th for a 3rd and a bad contract. I think the Texans did something like this a few years back. You see it happen in the NBA all the time but not often in the NFL. If we can take some bad contracts off other team's hands in return for their higher draft picks, I'd do it. It allows us to stockpile more picks while also filling out the roster and spending the minimum.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Not that excited with Ertz, serviceable. Would have to be a very low cost move IMO.

Est. 74 I would think that Peters knows he needs to draft or sign another TE in FA or both.  Our TEs are weak.  Consider Ertz a great signing when it comes to Ertz knowing where to be on passing downs and having reliable hands.  He can coach the players up to Kliff's scheme too.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d worry we give Ertz 5m+ per year. Don’t like that idea.

I like Jonnu Smith personally. Then draft Sinnott.

He was really good not long ago so he might get it back.  I got no idea.

For me at TE, I want Noah Fant.   Love Trautman too if for a blocking TE.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I can't imagine Ertz getting more than a 1 year deal. MAYBE 2 but with only 1 year worth of guaranteed money.

One thing I'd consider: trading for bad contracts and taking on draft picks in return. Like, trading our 4th for a 3rd and a bad contract. I think the Texans did something like this a few years back. You see it happen in the NBA all the time but not often in the NFL. If we can take some bad contracts off other team's hands in return for their higher draft picks, I'd do it. It allows us to stockpile more picks while also filling out the roster and spending the minimum.

Ertz asked to be released from AZ so that he could go to a contender and chase another SB. You might be underestimating what type of deal he’d like.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Ertz will be 34 during the season a 2 year 6 or 7 mill deal more like it.  I love it!  

I think he will want that amount per year 

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Ertz asked to be released from AZ so that he could go to a contender and chase another SB. You might be underestimating what type of deal he’d like.

If that is what he is shooting for than I would be against the signing.  He'll be 34 not long into the season and he's not the player he used to be as we all know but IF he were to accept the deal that I had thought we may offer him then I'd consider it a great signing. Otherwise, if Peters signs the guy for 6+ a year I would consider that a bad signing.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If that is what he is shooting for than I would be against the signing.  He'll be 34 not long into the season and he's not the player he used to be as we all know but IF he were to accept the deal that I had thought we may offer him then I'd consider it a great signing. Otherwise, if Peters signs the guy for 6+ a year I would consider that a bad signing.  

Agreed

• Like 2

Talking about Jonah Williams I've  just heard so much about his play, it feels like to ger him it'd be like giving Leno Trent Williams money, plus we know he'd be pissy if we try to upgrade.  

I'm wondering if any of the part time LTs like Andrus Peat or Billy Miller might be worth a shot

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

One thing to acknowledge is that FA is just as big a crapshoot as the draft but way more expensive.

For every London Fletcher there's a Jeremiah Trotter.

For every Pierre Garcon there's a Brandon Lloyd.

For every Kendall Fuller and Deangelo Hall there's a Josh Norman and William Jackson.

To be fair, it’s harder when your pro personnel evaluation sucks and you constantly pay guys big money and then use them differently than their previous team. Somehow I doubt Quinn’s staff will major in forcing the square peg into the round hole, so the hit rate should be higher 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I’m actually a bit more encouraged with the OL crop in FA. As ever we are at the mercy of how good our player evaluations are. I think we can get both OT and IOL who we will be able to deem ‘good’ players….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Besides rookies, I don't think anyone on the roster will have the luxury of being given time to develop. You better stand out from day 1 with a new staff.

50 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

He was released, signed to Lions practice squad and didn't play.  Wanting to chase another SB and being in high demand aren't the same thing.

While I could see higher, I pegged him as a 1yr / 3mill deal.  The KK connection and age strikes me as a stop gap that isn't a big $$ deal.  The cap increasing more than expected probably moves deals up some, but I just don't see 6-7per making sense.  Also, for me it's a 1 year deal.  Whether new draft pick or growth from an existing player, I think a 1 year stop gap is the right idea.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Ertz Stats not shabby at all:

image.png.e5572012224c18d7d286e8edada1b79d.png

All I'm seeing is an older player who has missed 3 times as many games (17) as TDs scored (5) over the past 2 seasons. 

Hope it's a very team friendly contract if we bring him in.

• Like 3