Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m a little surprised we didn’t do a deal like this with Fuller.  Yeah he’s older but this is a cheap deal and he’s very “ok.”

Sounds like it just wasn’t a good fit based on that comment about schedules not aligning.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Khyree Jackson 🤞

But I guess this should go in the draft thread.

:229:The Rook

Him too. I like Khyree a lot and these guys too who are likely pretty close together range wise: Chigozie Anusiem, Josh Wallace, Tarheeb Still, Dwight McGlothern, Kamal Hadden, Elijah Jones, Jarius Monroe, Ro Torrence, Johnny Dixon

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Doc needs to retire. He hasn’t made a lucid point since Clinton was in office.  And that was longer ago than I would like to acknowledge. 

Yeah, He offers about the as much insight as an AI this point. Not those good AI like ChatGPT. He can’t compete with that stuff. He’s closer to that bot that would try to talk to you back on AOL instant messenger when I was in college 25 years ago.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FrFan said:

Fixed it for you ;)

Careful, you are venturing into forbidden territory. I know this is a seemingly innocent, innocuous post, but the mods around these parts will slap it down with the quickness before It has a chance to fester.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Doc needs to retire. He hasn’t made a lucid point since Clinton was in office.  And that was longer ago than I would like to acknowledge. 

All of the Audiots (Audacy Idiots including the Screaming Idiot, Lynell Willingham, Two Minute Rick, et al) can join him. I’m getting very tired of Audacy recycling their horrible on-air talent because they’re too broke to bring in real guests. Give Al Galdi a show. Find someone with real, thoughtful viewpoints that don’t need to yell to be heard.

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Measurables don’t align. 

Fuller fits the same timeline as most of the dudes the FO signed. 

Yeah but our timeline may not fit Fuller's aka he may want to chase a ring

• Like 3

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I think they have not been cut yet.  Maybe keeping for Special Teams if their contracts are not too high?

We got a long way to go, gotta imagine this team will be very active in the draft (trade backs after Rd1?), with signing UDFA, and with other team's cuts.  There are still ample opportunities for more turnover.

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

All of the Audiots (Audacy Idiots including the Screaming Idiot, Lynell Willingham, Two Minute Rick, et al) can join him. I’m getting very tired of Audacy recycling their horrible on-air talent because they’re too broke to bring in real guests. Give Al Galdi a show. Find someone with real, thoughtful viewpoints that don’t need to yell to be heard.

Al Galdi is one of my favorites, I like his podcasts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, FrFan said:

Al Galdi is one of my favorites, I like his podcasts.

Gladi is awesome on his and the Nats Chat podcast with Mark Zuckerman.

Funny side note, Bomari Jones questioned the Adam Peters hire (I think). Galdi proceeded to point out how many times Jones had been an utter failure in everything he did. Basically stopped short of saying “**** Bomari Jones.” It was a classic take down of a useless loud mouth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Right, I’m ready for another new player. Make it happen soon, please.

Yiadom might fill this void ?

"Yiadom became a very important player for the Saints in 2023 while filling in for both Marshon Lattimore and Paulson Adebo when they were sidelined by injuries at different times. He broke up 14 passes thrown his way, which is going to draw attention around the league.

Now, Lattimore is way the center of trade speculation and Adebo is entering the final year of his contract. If the Saints can only budget a backup salary for Yiadom while teams like Washington view him as a starter, things could get dicey. We’ll see how this meeting goes and whether he has any other visits lined up. Stay tuned."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Al Galdi is very good and less obnoxious than Sheehan for sure.  Doc needs to retire and go fishing.

Doc has been consistently advocating the need for change within the franchise for over 30 years, highlighting the enduring issues. However, our fans dismiss this perspective. Fans of teams like the Steelers and Ravens would resonate with his messaging, as those organizations emphasize the process, hard work, and dominating opponents. However, fans dismiss his perspective because it doesn't rely heavily on analytics or whatever. 

Comparatively, Galdi's approach is akin to Stephen A. Smith discussing football; while he's well-prepared and focused on stats and analytics,  he lacks depth, nuance, and a comprehensive understanding, in my opinion.

I speculate that Doc, for the first time in a long while, will be over the moon about the values, team principles, expectations, culture, and identity embraced by the front office and coaches. My guess is that Quinn will echo similar language used by Doc quite frequently.

Football dudes through and through, looking to take down the nerdy OCs most around these parts wanted! 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Wait...

What?

Doc catches a lot of flak for his commentary lol He’s one of my favorite Washington media personalities. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Doc has been consistently advocating the need for change within the franchise for over 30 years, highlighting the enduring issues. 

That's a fine opinion, but if you are in the media, you have to actually engage and entertain.  He's not worth listening to if every interview is effectively the same conversation... it's just boring.

His take on the state of the team over the last chunk of time has been largely correct... but doesn't make for a good listen.