Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

If Dan Quinn is the guy a potential hold up could be assembling his staff. Can he lure an OC to come with him?

If Quinn is the guy I’d imagine a big part of why he got the job is his ability to assemble an impressive enough staff compared to other candidates. That plus his players want to french him. So I’d be surprised if that’s the hold up. Usually these guys have agreements in place already with their top coordinators that are gonna come with them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

If Schefter didn't say anything about a standing offer, I'd take this with a grain of salt. 

Schefter said it wasn't a "lock".

Seems like the disagreement may have come down to $. Johnson was asking for a giant sum to leave, Commies figured it was posturing and made what they felt was a competitive offer, Johnson surprises them and outright passes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Conn said:

If Quinn is the guy I’d imagine a big part of why he got the job is his ability to assemble an impressive enough staff compared to other candidates. That plus his players want to french him. So I’d be surprised if that’s the hold up. Usually these guys have agreements in place already with their top coordinators that are gonna come with them 

I do think Dallas D backs coach Al Harris is a future star. He’s really done well with lesser talent.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Then what's the hold up?

I must say given recent developments I’m starting to wonder if giving EB the job isn’t the best move at this point.  I know that surely isn’t what most of us hoped for, but at least he has a year in with the team.  Worst case scenario is it doesn’t work and he’s gone in a year or two and then we can try this again with a roster built by Peters.  

Maybe if he is allowed to make the team his own he can have success.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Schefter said it wasn't a "lock".

Seems like the disagreement may have come down to $. Johnson was asking for a giant sum to leave, Commies figured it was posturing and made what they felt was a competitive offer, Johnson surprises them and outright passes. 

BINGO. I mentioned this before it fell apart. $$ would be the only thing to drive it apart and it did.

• Like 1

Magic Johnson called the NFL Network live from the sideline of a Lakers game and made a brief unsolicited statement about our head coach search:

"The Washington Commanders, a football team which I partially own is currently without a head football coach. The football coach is the person assigned the task of running the team during games and preparing players during the week to play professional football. Football is a game played with a football that you can go to and watch live or you can stay home and watch on television or on your electronic devices should you choose to do so. In order to have a head coach for the team my understanding is that we must first hire someone to do that job. Thank you for your time."

image.png.3286aa0a316a23e184a85262d14199e3.png

I feel so much better knowing Magic's in the room interviewing our head coach candidates!

P.S. I would have thought that Magic could afford a cell phone and not have to use the corded house phone to make a call.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 6

51 minutes ago, skinsarethebest said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question , but why did Byron Leftwich fall out of favor as a coaching candidate?  I thought Tom Brady raved about him as an excellent Xs and Os guy and also as a quarterback whisperer.  Add the fact that he’s from DC, and wouldn’t he be at least a name worth considering?

He was awful for many reasons. Watching his offense was a nightmare once he was calling the plays. Arians was the secret sauce there. It was similar to Reid and EB to be honest with you. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

I must say given recent developments I’m starting to wonder if giving EB the job isn’t the best move at this point.  I know that surely isn’t what most of us hoped for, but at least he has a year in with the team.  Worst case scenario is it doesn’t work and he’s gone in a year or two and then we can try this again with a roster built by Peters.  

Maybe if he is allowed to make the team his own he can have success.

Careful..........I mentioned that in one of my posts.  And it was just keeping EB as OC................:rofl89:

Edited by HeHateMe75

Just now, Conn said:

He was awful for many reasons. Watching his offense was a nightmare once he was calling the plays.

yeah he was OC by title but wasn't Bruce Arians actually doing the play calling from which i remembered and once Arains retired and Bowles took over Leftwich was doing the play calling (and not well either)

• Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

This a new narrative that’s developed only the the last 48 hours as a coping tool.

3 weeks ago the Commanders situation was unanimously the prime coaching spot and of all the openings flush with cap space, draft collateral, and regime change willing to spend. 

And that’s why the team was linked to the hottest coaching candidates.

Now the roster sucks and the facilities are substandard. Which no one has said anywhere other than a few posters in this board. 😂🤣

And SIP, I’m pretty sure I read a post of yours just a couple of days ago saying you thought the defense wasn’t lacking in talent… but failed because of coaching and thus can turn around pretty fast. Am I remembering incorrectly?

Your sticking point with all of this is that you’re having a hard time believing people on ES were delusional? 

Shocker. 

I think you’re right that it’s part coping mechanism. But it’s also part reality hitting people in the face. We thought we were an 8. Then we stood next to some west coast gals and realized we’re actually a 6 at best. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Yeah unless offered the HC here… who knows maybe they have… honestly being the DC there in Bmore might not be a bad fall back plan if not our HC opening 

Especially since it was just shown to be a springboard to a HC job in the future, and the team still has all that talent and the strong Ravens culture. Dream job to step into as a coordinator if you don’t get a HC job. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

Whomever the eventual choice to be HC is, because this ownership group has employed such a large contingent (too many cooks is quite possible) to lead this never-ending search, they'd better nail this hire 100% or they are going to look like fools.  Meanwhile, coordinators are flying off the shelf left and right. 

I mentioned this that shouldn’t Peters be the one deciding and there might be to many cooks in this process.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I can't  take all this tension waiting, waiting, waiting...

Maybe we should try something really radical and  play next year without any coaching or coaches at all.

I mean is there a rule that states you have to have coaches?

Let the players do whatever they want on the field like we did when we were kids playing  sandlot ball.

Imagine the players we could attract by saying, "You can do whatever you want Monday through Saturday just show up on Sunday for 3 hours, play hard, get paid afterwards, and we'll see you again in a week."

Could be the start of a major trend.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1