Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Gibbs was not low key. Ask anyone how he felt about Buddy Ryan. Gibbs hated Ryan and was fired up to beat them in the 90 wild card round. He had a temper.

Ask Steve Buckhantz if Gibbs was low key

Also, Donny Warren. I believe Gibbs put his fist through a projector screen in a story he was telling.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

Your list is the same as mine just in a different order with Slowik #1 and Johnson #2 but I wouldn't cry either way and I totally agree that McDonald would be a very intriguing hire. Let's say we did hire McDonald who would be your choice for offensive coordinator??

4 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Somehow I could see the same description being used for JJG. In fact the presser clip posted above his demeanor  kinda reminds me of Gibbs. I could see Slovik slippin in a few "super smart" and "fought their gut out" in his interviews. Winners can lead by example. And I'm usually a rah-rah fiery coach guy.

((but if he loses the team I could see DeSean giving him a purple nurple as well lol)

Gibbs was a master motivator.  The aw shucks public persona from what I've heard-read many times was quite different from the dude at practice and in the locker room.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My top 3

1.  Ben Johnson

2. Bobby Slowik

3. Mike McDonald -- I know he's defense but what a killer scheme

I think Slowik is my #3, ahead of Quinn. In a league geared to offense, Macdonald shut down Kyle Shanahan, Mike McDaniel, and Ben Johnson. I feel like the boards Mandonald cheer leader now

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ah oh we have the same top 3 and in the same order

giphy.gif

Do you know if she gives vibing lessons? LOL   Seriously, I just see it that order.   

• Like 1

Let me also add that I hope our new front office and coaching staff can build a roster good enough to beat the living **** out of teams in the playoffs like the Texans are doing right now.  I miss those days,  and I feel bad for our fellow fans that weren't around to enjoy our last run to the super bowl. Those playoff games were a thing of beauty. I don't care if it's Mickey Mouse making the decisions, just give us a roster that's talented enough to make watching football fun again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think Slowik is my #3, ahead of Quinn. In a league geared to offense, Macdonald shut down Kyle Shanahan, Mike McDaniel, and Ben Johnson. I feel like the boards Mandonald cheer leader now

Quinn I think is a great defensive coach I don't love though some of what I've read about him as a game day coach.  But i wouldn't hate it.   

Speaking of trying to keep an open mind, when the process started i wasn't into Quinn at all but I've become an information junkie like many of us here about these coaching prospects and I like more and more as to what I hear about Quinn.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Quinn I think is a great defensive coach I don't love though some of what I've read about him as a game day coach.  But i wouldn't hate it.   

Speaking of trying to keep an open mind, when the process started i wasn't into Quinn at all but I've become an information junkie like many of us here about these coaching prospects and I like more and more as to what I hear about Quinn.

I just generally feel like Johnson is ours to lose. That might be the Adam Peters hire talking, but this just feels like the top opportunity. I probably just jinxed it

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Problem for me is I dont want to watch Macdonalds OC's get poached every 2 years. And that is what will happen when our rookie QB starts lighting up the league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Problem for me is I dont want to watch Macdonalds OC's get poached every 2 years. And that is what will happen when our rookie QB starts lighting up the league. 

That's why having Peters allows him to find the perfect OC for this team.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

That didn’t stop the Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, or Ravens from being long-time Super Bowl contenders.

This is the type of fear-based decision making that leads to poor choices. Build a good coaching staff and this really isn’t a problem

• Like 6

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Other than the Patriots it really did though. 

The Ravens aren’t contenders? Really? Cowherd and Tomlin are both defensive guys. They’ve been really good for a long time. Not sure what your standard is.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The Ravens aren’t contenders? Really? Cowherd and Tomlin are both defensive guys. They’ve been really good for a long time. Not sure what your standard is.

The Ravens arent getting their OC poached because no one else has Lamar. You cant honestly claim that having a defensive head coach and having your OC poached every couple of years is a good thing.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

The Ravens arent getting their OC poached because no one else has Lamar. You cant honestly claim that having a defensive head coach and having your OC poached every couple of years is a good thing.

You can’t honestly claim passing on a potentially great coach because we might lose the OC in 2 years is sound decision making. Good organization lose coaches all the time. They have good succession plans and don’t sit around smelling their own farts.

Edited by Riggo#44

Chuck Noll died 10 years ago. And the Seahawks last made the Super Bowl that same year. No thanks. 

Mike Tomlin won 10 games with horrible QBs.

John Harbaugh is constantly in the race. Yes, he has Lamar Jackson, but he still developed Jackson.
Sean McDermott is a defensive head coach.

Demeco Ryans is a fantastic coach.

Ignoring Macdonald becuase he is defensive coach is like drafting for need.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

You can’t honestly claim passing on a potentially great coach because we might lose the OC in 2 years is sound decision making.

Yes I actually can. It is an offensive league. The rules have changed to make it that. You need an offensive HC going forward. Fair or not that is what the the NFL has become.

• Like 1

Yes I actually can. It is an offensive league. The rules have changed to make it that. You need an offensive HC going forward. Fair or not that is what the the NFL has become.

Yeah, you’re probably right. There’s absolutely no evidence of defensive coaches developing young QBs…

An offensive coach that can scheme/playcall isna competitive advantage especially when you can pair him with a good QB and let them grow together, but I wouldn’t pass up a guy I love who is a defensive guy to force an offensive guy youre not sure on.

Put it this way: Josh Allen got paired with Sean Mcdermott. Big Ben had Bill Cowher and then Mike Tomlin. Eli Manning had Tom Coughlin. Peyton Manning had Jim Mora and then Tony Dungy. And of course, Brady-Bellicheck.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Chuck Noll died 10 years ago. And the Seahawks last made the Super Bowl that same year. No thanks. 

True but talking about winning SBs and DC HC coaches and such.  To add to this I said my list is Ben Johnson 1, Slowik, 2, then Mike MacDonald #3.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

An offensive coach that can scheme/playcall isna competitive advantage especially when you can pair him with a good QB and let them grow together, but I wouldn’t pass up a guy I love who is a defensive guy to force an offensive guy youre not sure on.

Put it this way: Josh Allen got paired with Sean Mcdermott. Big Ben had Bill Cowher and then Mike Tomlin. Eli Manning had Tom Coughlin. Peyton Manning had Jim Mora and then Tony Dungy. And of course, Brady-Bellicheck.

Coughlin was an offensive coach, but you’re exactly right. Forcing an offensive coach because we might lose the OC is highly questionable logic 

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Mike Tomlin won 10 games with horrible QBs.

John Harbaugh is constantly in the race. Yes, he has Lamar Jackson, but he still developed Jackson.
Sean McDermott is a defensive head coach.

Demeco Ryans is a fantastic coach.

Ignoring Macdonald becuase he is defensive coach is like drafting for need.

All true. But for a from scratch rebuild I dont want a defensive coach. Super Bowl winners come from offensive coaches that draft their QB.

And I AM a defensive coach in high school ball. The game has changed. Defense is now about creating turnovers so your offense can have more chances. The day of NFL defense dominated teams is over.