Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Am I the only one who doesn’t get all the hype with Peters? I feel like that team is largely successful because of Kyle Shanahan. I also believe just like his father here, he influences the draft there.

There are Solomon Thomas, Trey Lance and Javon Kinlaw misses in there.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25

ive been reading about potential GM candidates since October and Peters was the one i wanted the most but based on reading hes turned down interviews i thought it was a pipe dream so Cunningham moved to 1.  So glad this team is run by adults instead of a petulant child

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

"But I respect him for coming to work every day and being the same person every day. If you have a person who comes in and can be the same person, you can get on board with that.”

LOL, hardly a ringing endorsement, I drag my ass in to work everyday and Im also still the same person. My boss needs to get on board with that and give me a raise.

I have a simple question:

When is the last great offensive coordinator (let alone coach) who began his college and professional career as a running back (tailback, not FB)?

15 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Id love to know where some of there guys get there info from. Most of us can throw spaghetti against a wall also. Not saying he doesn't have sources but...hell I dont know.

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Id love to know where some of there guys get there info from. Most of us can throw spaghetti against a wall also. Not saying he doesn't have sources but...hell I dont know.

Apparently keim just reported the same thing.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t get all the hype with Peters? I feel like that team is largely successful because of Kyle Shanahan. I also believe just like his father here, he influences the draft there.

Those are big misses but what about the hits like Kittle, Ayiuk, Deebo on the offensive side and on the defensive side players like Greenlaw, Bosa, Warner and Hufanga.  No one Gm is always going to have a perfect Draft additionally, in those picks we really do not know how much influance Kyle had on selecting Thomas, Lance, and Kinlaw. 

13 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Every team has draft misses. Ozzie Newsome took Kyle Boller for example.

Peters is a high ranking and highly respected member of a top notch Front Office. No one guy is responsible for everything, but the idea is he can implement that same kind of structure and organizational philosophy for us.

If you're expecting him to come here and instantly start drafting seven All Pros a year you're mistaken. It goes way beyond that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The big thing I like about Peters is hit eye for talent in the mid to late rounds.  Reminds me of Bobby B.  Yes, he flubbed up with Lance but hit with Purdy in the 7th for example. 

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Thoughts on another former Carolina Panther becoming our HC with this.  Speculation at this point:

As of right now, the advisory committee hasn't put in a request to interview Wilks, as far as we know.

Harris was very clear in his presser, which some people might not like to hear, but the advisory committee is going to hire the head coach.  When they hire the HOFO, that person is going to get added to the advisory committee.  Harris said specifically they wanted the HOFO in first, so that they can listen to them, because they have to work together. 

I think the HOFO is somehow going to be on the same line on the org chart as the HC.  Could Wilks get an interview?  Yes. But I don't think this is going to be a Peter's decision.  I think it's going to be an advisory group decision.  And one thing I think Myers and Spielman are going to be able to counter-balance is the desire to just bring in somebody who has worked with whoever the HOFO is.  Lynch and Shanahan didn't work together before they were paired together. 

For everybody who thinks you find the GM, and the GM hires the coach.  That is, based on what Harris has said, NOT what is happening here.  The advisory committee is going to hire the HOFO, and then the advisory committee + the HOFO is going to hire the HC, and then the 2 are going to be on the same level, probably both reporting to Josh, unless they bring in some team president function between them. 

That's going to cause some folks to lose their mind because they want the GM to hire the coach.  I personally LOVE this approach a million times more.  

10 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

I have a simple question:

When is the last great offensive coordinator (let alone coach) who began his college and professional career as a running back (tailback, not FB)?

I'm not sure it really matters what position they played. Hell, EB was a RB who was allergic to running the ball.  

• Like 2

In the best organizations the GM and HC work together. People forget Andy Reid actually brought Brent Veach in to KC from Philly. Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch are essentially partners in SF.

Separation of duties of course but they need to work together to have success.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I feel obligated to post that Bobby Beathard traded up for Ryan Leaf every time you post this. 

That's my "QB is a crap shoot even for good GM's" go to example.  

Kyle Boller, however, could throw a football through the uprights while kneeling at mid-field. I will say.  That's a hell of a party trick.  

It's said that John Elway would stand at home plate and try and throw baseballs out of the stadium.  That also was a hell of a party trick.  

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Peters is a high ranking and highly respected member of a top notch Front Office. No one guy is responsible for everything, but the idea is he can implement that same kind of structure and organizational philosophy for us.

If you're expecting him to come here and instantly start drafting seven All Pros a year you're mistaken. It goes way beyond that.

Yes, I think people are wanting the charismatic/"Great Man" style leader for GM, when what you want is someone who is an expert at instituting administrative structures, cultural values, and competencies. Because if Peters were to get sick, to retire or simply leave, you'd want continuity, not a Diadochi crisis.

• Thanks 1

I guess maybe Brian Griese as OC from the 9ers.  I know we become the San Francisco Commanders. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

In the best organizations the GM and HC work together. People forget Andy Reid actually brought Brent Veach in to KC from Philly. Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch are essentially partners in SF.

Separation of duties of course but they need to work together to have success.

I somewhat agree.  

• Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You broke an unspoken board rule:  If you are going to change somebody's quote, you MUST say that you changed the quote. Something like "fixed it for you" or like that.  

I went scrolling back in an absolute panic to make sure there wasn't some completely bizarre autocorrect thing.  

There wasn't.  Phew.  Panic attack averted.  

😂 You’re totally right. I wasn’t aware of that rule… but it makes sense.

Honestly, I intended to use the text feature that puts a line through the text. Then I realized I don’t even know how. 🤣

Im officially old.

And I really wanted to use the word titillating.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

He had more decisions on draft picks than lynch. He explained why he liked kettle also when he was in Denver and why he liked purdy a lot .

Been seeing that if we hire Ian Cunningham that the bears get a third is that true?

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The big thing I like about Peters is hit eye for talent in the mid to late rounds.  Reminds me of Bobby B.  Yes, he flubbed up with Lance but hit with Purdy in the 7th for example. 

Are we looking at an EVP/Pres with Peters and Cunningham GM?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Commander202 said:

He had more decisions on draft picks than lynch. He explained why he liked kettle also when he was in Denver and why he liked purdy a lot .

Would be interesting to get his take on Howell. Wonder if that was a question brought up during the interview? I assume he couldn't give a full eval since I doubt he has had time to totally evaluate all aspects.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm not sure it really matters what position they played. Hell, EB was a RB who was allergic to running the ball.  

Really? You don't think the fact that nearly every coordinator and great offensive head coach is not a former tailback matters? It's not that being a RB means you will want to run the ball, but that how you process the game (running backs are not regarded as cognitively demanding positions like QB, offensive line, possibly TE maybe) is laid down in your playing days and subsequently limits or enhances your ability to master an offense and call the plays in the most advantageous ways (as well as innovate.) 

That's like talking about head coaches and saying there's nothing to the fact that offensive coaches and offensive continuity are seemingly valued highly right now.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

If they aren't taking other interviews then this must be the Pres/EVP (Adams) and GM (Cunningham) duo theory.  One personnel guy and one analytic guy

Not sure if that's the case.  Just think these are two strong contenders duking it out for a coveted job... then they will hire their own GM beneath them.  Could be wrong.