Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

53 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/ohio-state-qb-c-j-stroud-declares-for-2023-nfl-draft

only difference though imho is Stroud & Williams seem to be on opposite sides of the team mentality…. 1 seems to be about everybody where Williams definitely is a ME type guy.  I don’t think ppl mind him not declaring just yet but more so what type of attitude has been surrounding him, his Father and what not…. A lot  of drama thus far and he’s not even in the NFL yet 

What he said.

We didn't see the flags with Stroud that we've already seen with Williams. Now I'd be fine with the pick if he fell but still there are concerns.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

What he said.

We didn't see the flags with Stroud that we've already seen with Williams. Now I'd be fine with the pick if he fell but still there are concerns.

Yes there are a lot of flags… but some of me wants to think he has a certain team in mind he’d like to play for and is hoping all his antics cause other teams to shy away… but that’s a dangerous game to play imho  

On 1/12/2024 at 1:26 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, that would have been nice this year.

Commanders vs. Panthers. The one game I’d feel confident we could win. 

That is a dumb idea.  Why would the players give a squat?  It would be a scrimmage at best and a PP&K competition at worst.

15 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

That is a dumb idea.  Why would the players give a squat?  It would be a scrimmage at best and a PP&K competition at worst.

Well it's the chance to end the season wit a win helping you rather than hurting you

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Watch this game and then come back and try to tell me we should pass up on a QB. 

If it’s Daniels I think there is a valid argument to be made.

The quarterback you take may not be Stroud.

Having said THAT… ya we should take a QB.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

If it’s Daniels I think there is a valid argument to be made.

The quarterback you take may not be Stroud.

Having said THAT… ya we should take a QB.

You gotta take a HR swing when you have an opportunity

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Watch this game and then come back and try to tell me we should pass up on a QB. 

Many in Carolina are disagreeing with you right now.....how would you like to draft the next Bryce Young? 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You gotta take a HR swing when you have an opportunity

Again, this comes down to what you would consider an opportunity. If they don’t view Daniels as a franchise level guy and Williams didn’t declare, hypothetically, do you swing at a guy you don’t believe is a franchise guy at 2?

What is Maye goes 1 and our guys have Nix as QB2. Do they swing at 2 for Nix? 

Absolutely not.

Granted, this argument is more theoretical than actual, but simply saying you have to swing when you have the chance doesn’t do the conversation justice, imo

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I dont make decisions based out of fear. 

I don't think any of these teams make decisions out of fear, and if QB is the pick our guys take then I hope it works out as much as you do. Decisions will be made based on scouting, interviews, analytics and what's best for the team. If Maye, Daniels or Williams is the pick I'll buy in but history doesn't lie, it's a crapshoot. Hopefully we'll have a coaching staff in place to make it work. Here's a question: Is Drake Maye a better QB prospect than Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, Bryce Young, Daniel Jones, Tua, Baker Mayfield? I'd like to know how he compares to guys like this pre-draft. I just hope that if we do go QB it's because we feel like he's a slam dunk NFL QB who will make everyone else better.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Anyone last year say Stroud was a better pick over Bryce?  I want to hear what THAT guy says.

Waves hand! I didn't like Bryce and even if I did if you have two QBs ranked closely why would you pick the one WITHOUT any intangibles like height? It was such a nonsensical decision. 

Also Louis Riddick always said Stroud > Young

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Again, this comes down to what you would consider an opportunity. If they don’t view Daniels as a franchise level guy and Williams didn’t declare, hypothetically, do you swing at a guy you don’t believe is a franchise guy at 2?

What is Maye goes 1 and our guys have Nix as QB2. Do they swing at 2 for Nix? 

Absolutely not.

Granted, this argument is more theoretical than actual, but simply saying you have to swing when you have the chance doesn’t do the conversation justice, imo

I agree with you, there's a difference between making a pick out of need and making a pick out of desperation. Yes, we have the #2 pick and yes we are desperate for a QB but we also have options and don't have to build this all in one draft depending on the offers we get for the #2 pick. What if our scouts have MHJ as the best prospect in the draft by far and Maye as a slightly better prospect than Bo Nix? 

If Maye is considered the best QB available by a large margin over the 2nd tier then take him. I'm good with that...just make sure we are convinced he has all the intangibles and is worth the #2 pick in the draft over everyone else.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree with you, there's a difference between making a pick out of need and making a pick out of desperation. Yes, we have the #2 pick and yes we are desperate for a QB but we also have options and don't have to build this all in one draft depending on the offers we get for the #2 pick. What if our scouts have MHJ as the best prospect in the draft by far and Maye as a slightly better prospect than Bo Nix? 

If Maye is considered the best QB available by a large margin over the 2nd tier then take him. I'm good with that...just make sure we are convinced he has all the intangibles and is worth the #2 pick in the draft over everyone else.

I think they will do this, and I think they’ll find Williams and Maye worth 2. Daniels probably, too. But he has a real high bust factor that scares the pine tar out of me.

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Waves hand! I didn't like Bryce and even if I did if you have two QBs ranked closely why would you pick the one WITHOUT any intangibles like height? It was such a nonsensical decision. 

Also Louis Riddick always said Stroud > Young

I have edited my post to say lady 🙂

20 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Anyone last year say Stroud was a better pick over Bryce?  I want to hear what THAT guy lady says.

I thought he was better. But I kept coming back to Young’s playmaking ability and it’s so hard to write that off. So I had Stroud at 2. 

Looking back, playmaking ability is a bad reason to have an undersized QB ranked ahead of a larger one. And if we were picking in QB position I may have swapped them but, alas, I didn’t.

Now, nothing is to say Young is going to be a total bust and Stroud a HoFer. Just not a favorable start for Young at all. And if he doesn’t flip it next year he’s in trouble.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I thought he was better. But I kept coming back to Young’s playmaking ability and it’s so hard to write that off. So I had Stroud at 2. 

Looking back, playmaking ability is a bad reason to have an undersized QB ranked ahead of a larger one. And if we were picking in QB position I may have swapped them but, alas, I didn’t.

Now, nothing is to say Young is going to be a total bust and Stroud a HoFer. Just not a favorable start for Young at all. And if he doesn’t flip it next year he’s in trouble.

Tbh, I am bias. In general I don't trust Alabama QBs (don't like the offensive system). I didn't like Tua or Mac Jones either. Bryce was fine but he never wow'd me and just didn't have any elite traits. Pair that with him being abnormally short for the position and it was a no go for me. I think I had him 4th but I only really liked Stroud in that class - wasn't high on Richardson or Levis either (though I thought taking Levis in the 2nd was fine)

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 3

Last year the Texans won 3 games. This year they win 10 games, make the playoff and now have a playoff win. I wonder if there were Texan fans wanting to keep Davis Mills because “he was not put in a good position to win”.

In the famous words of Stacey King, “big time players make big time plays”. The Texans aren’t magically better. Stroud made them better. We need to find that QB.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Texans ran the Joe Gibbs/Mark Rypien sprint bomb play today where the QB rolls far to his right and then throws a bomb to a wide open receiver for an easy TD. Gorgeous play that's an easy throw for a QB with an arm. Rypien was brilliant on this play. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, dyst said:

Last year the Texans won 3 games. This year they win 10 games, make the playoff and now have a playoff win. I wonder if there were Texan fans wanting to keep Davis Mills because “he was not put in a good position to win”.

In the famous words of Stacey King, “big time players make big time plays”. The Texans aren’t magically better. Stroud made them better. We need to find that QB.

Stacey King hit on that one.

Before the game I watched a interview with Stroud and he said, the QB's job is to make everybody around him better. The next Mahomes, they both have lot's of passion and leaders. Talent is not the only thing.