Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rip David Mccallum

88Comrade2000

He was an all time fave. Since I first heard the name Illya Kuryakin on that first episode I thought it was the coolest name ever and still do.

The first truly super cool toy I had was a man from uncle five piece spy pistol set. You had this wicked looking automatic with an add on extendable clip and add one of rifle butt and barrel extender and night scope that would glow red. 😎

There was a line Gibbs had on an episode of NCIS where one of his team said they wondered what ducky looked like when he was at his peak with the ladies and Gibbs said "like Illya Kuryakin" 🙂

Sadly for awhile back then he was the butt of the scandal around his wife of the time, Jill Ireland, a beautiful actress, ran off with a budding young star with rugged and handsome looks named Charles Bronson.

RIP David. Thank you for all the enjoyment you've brought me over sixty plus years of viewing.😢

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just today, CBS was re-airing their first NCIS episode from 2003. I was marveling how "young" and spry he was then. Going to wiki to see when he was born and seeing he died today was shocking.

I've never seen Man from Uncle, but have seen the Great Escape. It's amazing all the TV series and movies he's been in across so many genres. Perry Mason, Matlock, Babylon 5, NCIS are just the ones I've seen. To be acting from the 50's to now is true commitment. Truly a different breed of actor. I'll miss him.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...