Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread

MartinC

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I have them keeping Young, Sweat, Henry, Jones, JSW, WBK

Where did you get 8 from my predictions?

Obada is a swing DE/DT and would be kept for DT depth more than anything, imo. 

I was including Obada as DE. Fair point on him and JSW being able to do both. Paulsen was saying that, while there has been incremental improvement, WBK is not that different from last year. I doubt they are worried he gets picked up off PS.

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I’d assume Fromm heads to the PS once/if he clears waivers. This is the right move IMO - can’t afford to carry 3 QBs on the 53.

Given that there are more veteran and better guys who got cut such as McCoy and Walker, doubt they are worried about losing Fromm. Yes, his preseason tape was good but his most previous regular season tape in 2021 was one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen.

4 minutes ago, method man said:

Given that there are more veteran and better guys who got cut such as McCoy and Walker, doubt they are worried about losing Fromm. Yes, his preseason tape was good but his most previous regular season tape in 2021 was one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen.

I’ve been one of the folks on here who has been the most critical of Fromm. My view was we could surely get someone off waivers with more upside than him!! I find out hard to get past how he played when he got his shot with the Giants. To be fair though the Giants were a **** show that season with possibly the worst head coach and staff in the league at that point.

However he did play well the last two games and he knows the system. He’d be good to have on the PS.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I’ve been one of the folks on here who has been the most critical of Fromm. My view was we could surely get someone off waivers with more upside than him!! I find out hard to get past how he played when he got his shot with the Giants. To be fair though the Giants were a **** show that season with possibly the worst head coach and staff in the league at that point.

However he did play well the last two games and he knows the system. He’d be good to have on the PS.

I don't really care if he gets poached from the PS. But if he could be squeezed onto it, why not.

Just now, MartinC said:

I totally agree. I remember both of us wondering why they weren’t looking at others like Ta’amu instead of Fromm. He must have showed well in practice and the QB room last year with that carrying over to this year. He’s a PS guy you can protect.

• Like 1

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

It does. Always thought we only kept 3 RB's, but it surprises me that Patterson was cut so early. Kinda indicates he's not destined for the PS right?

I’m surprised by Williams to IR because that means Gore is likely to be their PS guy based on the assumption of Patterson not being on the PS since he was an earlier cut. 

Surprises me because I would definitely put Patterson on the PS over Gore but unless there is a pickup elsewhere those are the two other backs we’ve given carries to. 

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I don't really care if he gets poached from the PS. But if he could be squeezed onto it, why not.

It matters. If Howell or Brissett go down, you don’t want a Garrett Gilbert situation where you bring in a guy who doesn’t know the offense

Just now, moondog said:

I’m surprised by Williams to IR because that means Gore is likely to be their PS guy based on the assumption of Patterson not being on the PS since he was an earlier cut. 

Surprises me because I would definitely put Patterson on the PS over Gore but unless there is a pickup elsewhere those are the two other backs we’ve given carries to. 

Gore is making it over JP on the PS. The Wapo article implied JP was last on the depth chart

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Is Tremayne still hanging in there too?

There is a chance. Apparently, he could be a major asset on teams given his size. As a few others have said, hope they can develop him into a TE. He has the intelligence for it being a Stanford guy