Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut down day is looming we go from 90 to 53 do you see any surprise cuts?

lead commander

Here’s a tip since you seem to have a passion for starting new threads and a talent for getting bonked by the mods when you do it wrong:

Rename this thread to “Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread”, and post some news and speculation from twitter or wherever to get everyone started, and update the original post’s body text with a list of cuts (and a confirmed list of Practice Squad players when it’s available) when you can over the next days. Add value to the board and create conversation. Posting one casual sentence of off-handed musing as a thread isn’t adding value, and that’s why you keep getting shut down. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

Here’s a tip since you seem to have a passion for starting new threads and a talent for getting bonked by the mods when you do it wrong:

Rename this thread to “Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread”, and post some news and speculation from twitter or wherever to get everyone started, and update the original post’s body text with a list of cuts (and a confirmed list of Practice Squad players when it’s available) when you can over the next days. Add value to the board and create conversation. Posting one casual sentence of off-handed musing as a thread isn’t adding value, and that’s why you keep getting shut down. 

Sorry Sir there is nothing wrong with this new topic at all it applies to nothing already started..

3 minutes ago, lead commander said:

Sorry Sir there is nothing wrong with this new topic at all it applies to nothing already started..

All I can do is give you helpful information, it’s up to you whether you have the humility to utilize it or not. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, lead commander said:

I have a NOVEL idea for ya..How bout replying to the topic sometime instead of your AGENDA..Try it with all Due Respect..

@Conn has been posting on this board since 2008, has >35,000 posts, and is one of the most respected posters on the board and in our little community.  He's trying to help you out before a mod "helps you out" in a different way. It was actually a very nice thing for him to do, trying to help out a member who has less of a history on the board and in the community.  

The topic isn't a bad one.  @Conn's suggestions are good ones.  

Also, some poster does exactly what he's suggesting every year.  I've done it a couple years, others have as well.  It's not a novel concept.  If you don't want to, that's fine.  But you might get some forceful persuasion from the Mods.  

Just a thought, not a sermon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, lead commander said:

I have a NOVEL idea for ya..How bout replying to the topic sometime instead of your AGENDA..Try it with all Due Respect..

There's no "agenda" here. It's actually veteran board members giving sound advice. These guys have been around here for a long time and know the rules for the privilege of posting here.

You seem put off by anyone trying to give you some, in this case, pertinent advice. The mods here are good folks and are pretty lenient about folks posting, but if you continue to circumvent the rules you're not going find them so pleasant (trust me, I found out the hard way when I first started 🤣...thanks, jumbo).

If you seem resistant to take any of the well-meaning advice from the folks here, then perhaps become a lurker like myself. More reading, less posting. And then every once and again you can post the occasional witty retort or just a nice anecdote....like me. 😁

HTTR!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lead commander said:

I been on this board longer then most of you I was originally redskins 1 and change my name due to reasons we all know why...AGAIN I go back further then I would guess 80% on this board....CHECK IT

Hey man, not for nothing, why are you being so argumentative?

If you do as @Conn suggested this thread would have a ton of convo generated by your very question. Instead you’re pushing the boundaries on a few issues.

No one wants to see you banned or even post restricted brother. That’s why we/they are trying to help you out.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hey man, not for nothing, why are you being so argumentative?

If you do as @Conn suggested this thread would have a ton of convo generated by your very question. Instead you’re pushing the boundaries on a few issues.

No one wants to see you banned or even post restricted brother. That’s why we/they are trying to help you out.

I'm not trying to be argumentative i'm just excited about the football season and just trying to create dialog about OUR favorite team...

4 minutes ago, lead commander said:

I been on this board longer then most of you I was originally redskins 1 and change my name due to reasons we all know why...AGAIN I go back further then I would guess 80% on this board....CHECK IT

And the people who are giving you some sound constructive advice have been here a long time as well. Some even longer than you.

How long you have been here is irrelevant to creating a thread that is well thought of and informative. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lead commander said:

I got you beat by 7 months. :D

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

@lead commanderAppreciate the attempt at generating dialogue, though I kind of hope the fact no one has addressed your question maybe gives you some pause?

Anyway…

Larsen or Daniels on the OL - risky given our recent center issues and draft pedigree respectively.

Henry - not necessarily a surprise, as I don’t think he deserves a spot.  On one hand, it would be deemed a failure of the FO to trade up for him and then cut him, on the other hand, good on them for not letting draft slot get in the way (if it goes that way).

Holmes - I think he’s safe because of ST, but Whittaker showed some nice coverage skills.

Toohill or JSW - JSW because Obada offers the inside/outside ability, Toohill because JSW is more versatile and a plus STer (I’ll be honest, I have no idea about Toohill from a ST perspective).

Tinsley - it’s a numbers game and Pringle/Milne are STers (though I get most would say the latter is in name only, lol).

Hodges - possibly gets his spot taken by Armah or even Dillon.

My biggest surprise (really don’t see it happening though) - Cornelius Lucas.  If one of the other tackles, like Scott or Monteiro, has shown more athleticism/promise, plus you factor in that Lucas is a FA next year…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

My biggest surprise (really don’t see it happening though) - Cornelius Lucas.  If one of the other tackles, like Scott or Monteiro, has shown more athleticism/promise, plus you factor in that Lucas is a FA next year…

Holy....I can't see us being able to risk not having Lucas. But I can appreciate your reasoning. I do think Scott has not received much play in our conversations but has earned some. Funny though how much Monteiro received over the past 2 weeks, maybe he has earned a spot

I like JSW or Obada, Armah over Hodges, Tinsley and Milne and Pringle over Kaz, want to see Tinsley on the roster and he has earned it.

I would love to see Brooks and Daniels on the PS but not sure they wouldn't be poached.

2 hours ago, lead commander said:

How about you take good advice when it given? It’s perfectly legitimate to start a new thread on this topic - but it needs to be titled as was suggested to you and your first post (in any thread you start) needs to be more than a one sentence drive by.

My suggestion is just take part in threads for a while don’t feel the need to start any unless you are willing to actually add something of substance in your OP.

Actually reading on this thread had become a crap show. I’m closing this and starting a new thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1