Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

29 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

How do you throw three picks in a pro bowl game? Geno gonna get cut from the Seahawks after this game…

Where's the guy who will tell us that it's probably time for them to fire McDonald. 

I don't know, but it seems that in the past whenever one team has news of somebody getting arrested they lose. 

I'm still picking the Chiefs to win though. It's not like when Andy Reids son dying or his when his other son had a DUI right before the SB and then they lost. It's just Mahomes dad doing what he's been doing for years already. 

And I have no idea why the Chiefs aren't favored. It's like people didn't watch the playoffs. 

On 2/5/2024 at 12:45 AM, HeHateMe75 said:

I wonder if this is going to impact Mahome's play in the Super Bowl?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39460077/patrick-mahomes-sr-arrested-texas-dwi-charge

There are so many distractions coming from the Chiefs and their entourage. Mahomes' wife, father, Toney.

I do agree with you @SkinsFTW, in my book Chiefs are the favorites. Most of the times the team I'm rooting for ends up losing the SB 😕.

The niners passing defense is questionable to say the least, this is a source of concern.

Go 49ers anyway ! Kyle deserves a ring. :)

Edited by FrFan

There’s one factor that favors KC. Patrick Mahomes.

I don’t think his dad’s arrest will be a distraction because his dad always seems to get arrested.

Even if KC is down by 20, I’d trust Patrick to come back.

He will be the difference in what should be a close game.

Chiefs 31

49ers 28

Will today be Andy’s last game, if Chiefs win?

No- Why retire. You got Patrick in his prime. After winning your 3rd, you realistically could win a couple more or maybe even 3 more.

Yes- What’s more to prove. Winning your 3rd title in 5 years, after going to superbowl 4 times in 5 years. Your legacy is set.  If you leave the team is in good hands.  The top heavy afc is going to get even more harder to win. Your current run might not able to be replicated. 

My guess he’s having fun and won’t retire but if he chooses to retire; it wouldn’t be surprising. If he leaves, it would probably be a week after his win.  After going thru the RR interviews; my guess OC Matt Nagy or DC Steve Spagnuolo or former OC Eric Bieniemy would get the gig. EB would count as one RR interview.

Should be a good game. Only way it gets out of hand, turnovers or a key player injured.

24 minutes ago, Welsh Redskin said:

Looking foward to this. It won't finish till 3 or 4 am here in the UK but this is the first superbowl Monday I've had off work so can enjoy it properly. 

My daughter is a Swiftie so is pushing for the Chiefs. I'm thinking 24-17 Niners! 

I hope the 49ers win. I don"t want Kyle Shanahan to become the new Marv Levy.

• Haha 2

Knowing how I've nailed the vittles for the day and having an interruption-free zone established, I'm declaring myself a winner for today! 😁😁😁🏈

Hope you all enjoy a similar victory! :football: :1386:  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Will today be Andy’s last game, if Chiefs win?

No- Why retire. You got Patrick in his prime. After winning your 3rd, you realistically could win a couple more or maybe even 3 more.

Yes- What’s more to prove. Winning your 3rd title in 5 years, after going to superbowl 4 times in 5 years. Your legacy is set.  If you leave the team is in good hands.  The top heavy afc is going to get even more harder to win. Your current run might not able to be replicated. 

My guess he’s having fun and won’t retire but if he chooses to retire; it wouldn’t be surprising. If he leaves, it would probably be a week after his win.  After going thru the RR interviews; my guess OC Matt Nagy or DC Steve Spagnuolo or former OC Eric Bieniemy would get the gig. EB would count as one RR interview.

Should be a good game. Only way it gets out of hand, turnovers or a key player injured.

There hasn't been any legitimate report of him retiring. He's even mentioned before how finally winning a ring and coaching Mahomes has re-energized him. I see him continuing to coach for as long as Mahomes continues to play and trying to rack up wins and rings. He's not really that old either for someone who has coached as long as he has(only 65).

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Inactives....

49ERS

• OL Matt Pryor
  • QB Brandon Allen
  • WR Ronnie Bell
  • LB Jalen Graham
  • DL T.Y. McGill
  • DL Alex Barrett
  • CB Samuel Womack III

CHIEFS

• WR Justyn Ross
  • WR Kadarius Toney
  • RB La'Mical Perine
  • CB Ekow Boye-Doe
  • DE BJ Thompson
  • LB Darius Harris

Starting early tonight. 

Red flags for chiefs are if they don’t start out fast as they’ve done in each of the last 3 playoff games. This is an insane offense that matches up well against the Chiefs so I can’t imagine it being held under 24pts. 

Chiefs have some matchups they can take advantage of as well but the SF D’s weakness in the run game is on the edge which is not where Pacheco wants to be and isn’t what he does well. That leads me to think Reid will get too creative which some sweeps and reverse plays with WRs to get on the edge and something could go wrong there. 

I’m going for Chiefs but I think this is 34-20 49ers 

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Inactives....

49ERS

• OL Matt Pryor
  • QB Brandon Allen
  • WR Ronnie Bell
  • LB Jalen Graham
  • DL T.Y. McGill
  • DL Alex Barrett
  • CB Samuel Womack III

CHIEFS