Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

Just now, Destino said:

He couldn’t win the backup spot. Dude was garbage. Hopefully he figures it out elsewhere because he’s a spectacular athlete. 

Not many expected him to be good enough to win a spot within the first three years of his career, though. He was RAAAAAAW. He played a handful of games in college. 

Just surprised they’d move up to draft him if they weren’t going to have patience.

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Brady and belichek combo! Lol

Brady really is replacing Olsen next year…

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Brady really is replacing Olsen next year…

Not sure how I feel about that. He’s too good to be a color commentator. That would be like Jordan making up nicknames for guys on the tnt broadcast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not many expected him to be good enough to win a spot within the first three years of his career, though. He was RAAAAAAW. He played a handful of games in college. 

Just surprised they’d move up to draft him if they weren’t going to have patience.

I think their hands were forced because Lance was still too raw to lead a team this ready to contend.

Lance might be in a good situation in Dallas, where there are no immediate expectations.

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Brady and belichek combo! Lol

We need alternate broadcasts:

- Manningcast: the original

- Kelcecast: like the original but funnier with more beer.

- GOATcast with Bill and Tom.  Where they just say “we would have done it better”

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Did Burkhardt just say, “there’s no real Lion on the field today. Just the team themselves”?

It was a response to the '83 NFC Championship game, where there was a real lion on the field... parts of which are still around on Greg Olsen's head.

• Haha 2

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Are Shanahan and Harbaugh on the hot seat to start next year? 

This will be 5 years in a row with a playoff collapse for Shanny if they end up losing this game. I wonder how long he can last doing that?

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, they were showing a footage of a live lion from 1983.  He had to tie it in somehow.  

I got up and walked away for a second and only heard it. Thought it was an odd statement… now it makes sense.