Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

That's cool, I just tuned in and saw Kendall Fuller get toasted by OBJ. My week has improved considerably. :chair:

Was it 1v1? Fuller never had those chops, he's always been better in certain schemes. That's part of why we got Forbes to improve our overall CB talent and versatility.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Was it 1v1? Fuller never had those chops, he's always been better in certain schemes. That's part of why we got Forbes to improve our overall CB talent and versatility.

Forbes got absolutely dusted by Zay Flowers early. He’s settled down and looked great since. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Personnel guys-scouts recently did a rankings via ESPN of the best backs in the league.  They picked Chubb #1. 

Chubb ran for 7.5 yards a carry against this defense for over 100 yards last season.  

Watson's scrambles gave this defense fits last season.  Felt like some deja vu on Friday.

I think their offense looked good with Watson against our defense.  As one reporter said if the Browns had their full lineup in including Chubb, they probably wouldn't have been thwarted at the goal line.

But I don't care that much.  If you think their offense couldn't do much against our defense in that drive, cool.  to each their own.

I'm just assuming we'll continue to be a bit of a "bend, don't break" type of defense. One that will continually do "just enough" to keep us in games but won't actually be dominant in the truest sense of the word. It's frustrating when teams still march up and down the field on us, but we still seem to limit points scored.

• Like 1