Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

If my organization had a o-line coach with the ability to develop and redshirt him, I would draft him as early as 25. 

For example the Lions could sit him behind Decker for a year or 2. Same thing with the Ravens, 49ers, Chiefs and so on.

I think the picking him at 25 and redshirting him is possible by someone.

Edited by Redskins 2021

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Both are great. I love Btjr but no way he drops past the teens.

Maybe we benefit from medical reports again in the draft…

edit - as in Jon Allen and Montez Sweat more recently, and not knackered knees Kelly from back in the day….

Edited by Est.1974

34 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think the picking him at 25 and redshirting him is possible by someone.

Mims isn't dropping past Pittsburgh at 20. They leak their picks every year and by all reports they're in on Mims.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Mims isn't dropping past Pittsburgh at 20. They leak their picks every year and by all reports they're in on Mims.

Yeah I agree, they took the OT jones last year out of UGA.

There will probably be up to 8 or 9 first round OT depending on what picks 29 through 32.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m starting to think a WR with one of our first three picks is the way to go. 

Anyone else in on Troy Franklin ?

He's my favorite receiver in this draft.

Not saying he's the best but I have an affinity for deep threat receivers.

3 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I’d be excited to have Jayden on board, but personally seen a lot of this kind of reporting, is it a case of no smoke without fire?

In which case I’d lean Drake Maye and we’ll see how much fun Jayden has throwing to those Pats receivers

Meh, everyone has preferences. But you play for who drafts you. That's how this works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh, everyone has preferences. But you play for who drafts you. That's how this works.

I honestly can’t remember the last time a prospect was seemingly so vocal about it. I say seemingly because it may be through no fault of his own, he might have alluded to these things once or twice and is being let down by people close to him.

IMO, he should be really excited about playing here, because it’s here or NE and our roster looks in better shape than theirs.

Peters and Quinn will be closer to the situation I trust them to establish the truth behind all the smoke and mirrors 

Grant Paulsen is reporting what I've theorized in that Quinn and the coaches are the ones that really want Daniels. Ultimately it is Peters's decision, but as a first time GM he might acquiesce to his staff since Peters and Quinn have a strong relationship.

5 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

No. They don’t reconstruct ithe ACL in a lot of non athletes. Especially in Europe. 

I wonder if it’s true that Wilson doesn’t have an ACL. I hadn’t heard that.

There was some NBA prospect a while back that was missing both and did well. But, different sport obviously. 

Tyjae Spears fell for the same reason. Great young back, but its highly unlikely he makes it to a second contract or at least beyond a 5th year. 

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Dejuan Blair.  Undersized center.  He ended playing for a bit in the league.

5 years as a starter, interesting, that's the projection with Spears too. 

44 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

IMO, he should be really excited about playing here, because it’s here or NE and our roster looks in better shape than theirs.

Nobody with options is excited to play here.  That's the hard truth about this franchise.  A current player doesn't care if we might finally be a nice place to play, with top notch facilities and a fully resuscitated brand in 5-10 years.  Teammates come and go every year, and we don't have any name brand studs on the entire roster anyway.

It's going to take a lot of time and improvement before this place becomes somewhere players want to play.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Funny, but @Bang did it better.

That's the first Bang cartoon I've seen in 10+ years. Glad to have e'm back.

Edit: I just re-read your post and this in not a Bang cartoon. Well, hopefully a new QB on this team will be just the thing Bang needs to start pumping out new video jewels.

Edited by mudhog
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Nobody with options is excited to play here.  That's the hard truth about this franchise.  A current player doesn't care if we might finally be a nice place to play, with top notch facilities and a fully resuscitated brand in 5-10 years.  Teammates come and go every year, and we don't have any name brand studs on the entire roster anyway.

It's going to take a lot of time and improvement before this place becomes somewhere players want to play.

Sheehan kinda talked about this earlier, about how guys might not want to play here initially but end up loving the area and stay here, raise families here etc.

But you're right at this very moment this franchise has little to no real national buzz. The Patriots were a dynasty and are still relevant in many young people's minds. The Giants are NY. The Vikings have Jefferson.

Top heavy for LT not RT.   I'd trade up for Mims, Fashanu -- maybe Fautanu depending on price

https://x.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1783141141925253462

Screen Shot 2024-04-24 at 12.16.14 PM.png

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Agree.

a.  No star power traditionally

b.  This generation of players grew up seeing Washington as the dumpster fire organization on the field and off the field

c.  worst facilitiy by a mile in the NFL

d. worst stadium by a mile in the NFL

e.  No home field advantage

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

I'm revising my IOL rankings.  Went back and re-watched some cut ups and ended up moving a couple of players around.  Moved Frazier and Zinter and Beebe and Van Pran up.  I liked Frazier's film a lot more this time, and I'm seeing more of the optimistic takes about him better now.  Moved Zinter way up too.  One of the byproducts of watching Corum so much is that Zinter really shines.  He's a dominant run blocker and he's got a fantastic anchor.  I think he, Beebe, Van Pran, and JPJ constitute the four elite IOLs of the class, and all have second round value.

IOL:

1 - Cooper Beebe
2 - Jackson Powers Johnson
3 - Sedrick Van Pran
4 - Zak Zinter
5 - Christian Haynes
6 - Mason McCormick
7 - Beaux Limmer
8 - Zach Frazier
9 - Christian Mahogany
10 - Kingsley Eguakun

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Mr Daniels doesn’t have options though

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I'm revising my IOL rankings.  Went back and re-watched some cut ups and ended up moving a couple of players around.  Moved Frazier and Zinter and Beebe and Van Pran up.  I liked Frazier's film a lot more this time, and I'm seeing more of the optimistic takes about him better now.  Moved Zinter way up too.  One of the byproducts of watching Corum so much is that Zinter really shines.  He's a dominant run blocker and he's got a fantastic anchor.  I think he, Beebe, Van Pran, and JPJ constitute the four elite IOLs of the class, and all have second round value.

IOL:

1 - Cooper Beebe
3 - Sedrick Van Pran
4 - Zak Zinter
5 - Christian Haynes
6 - Mason McCormick
7 - Beaux Limmer
8 - Zach Frazier
9 - Christian Mahogany
10 - Kingsley Eguakun

Do you think he's there at 67?  I'd probably take him and redshirt him for at least half the season before taking him to be the LG of the future.  However, I could see someone like GB take him as they have two second rounders, so they can play the same game.  I like Zinter too.  

Zona is said to like Frazier as well.  They badly need IOL help as all of their starters are stopgaps.  I figure they take one with 27 or 34.

The interesting think about Zinter is that Harbaugh knows more about the Michigan guys that anyone.  If he's as highly thought of as you say he is, I can see the Bolts taking him with their early 2nd to be their RG.  Its the same conundrum with Corum for me.

I think the Cards stay at 4 and take a blue-chip WR and the Bolts move off of 5 with Minny and get 11, 23, and the 2025 1st.  The Bolts go RT at 11, DL at 23, and OL/WR with their early 2nd.

Tez walker gets a lot of shade thrown his was over on the qb thread, especially by the Maye supporters, but I actually see potential in him. One thing I noticed is he consistently beats his man on go routes, and he is great at tracking the deep ball. I’ve seen so many plays where he has his man beat by 2 steps and Maye throws it short and Tez is able to slow down, fight through contact and make the catch. I know he has the dropsies some times and he’s not the most crisp route runner, but we don’t have anyone that can consistently beat his man on the go route on the outside the way he is able to. I think the coaches can work with him to sharpen his route running, and if he’s there at the end of round 3 or in round 4, I’d be excited if we got him.

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Morgan or Paul for me at LT, will be in a position to get one of those day 2.

Me too, assuming they are there.  I used to think Paul would be a shoo in in the 2nd but he said he feels like he's going at the end of the first -- hopefully that was his agent blowing smoke up his butt.

But feels like its going to be a long run of tackles off the board and some might go earlier than expected.

I gather not too many are with me on this because of fears on his durabiity but if Mims slips into the 20s, I'd trade up for him.  IMO he's got more upside as a pass protector than any LT in this draft.

• Like 1

Morgan/Paul OT

Thomas Jr/Franklin WR

Chop/Kneeland DE/Edge

That’s who I’m focusing on at the minute round 2 and including trade up scenarios back into the first. Need to look at CB again.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too, assuming they are there.  I used to think Paul would be a shoo in in the 2nd but he said he feels like he's going at the end of the first -- hopefully that was his agent blowing smoke up his butt.

But feels like its going to be a long run of tackles off the board and some might go earlier than expected.

I gather not too many are with me on this because of fears on his durabiity but if Mims slips into the 20s, I'd trade up for him.  IMO he's got more upside as a pass protector than any LT in this draft.

I’m not sure in Mims to be honest. Haven’t signed off on that risk factor yet. I get the upside though.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Edited by Est.1974

11 hours ago, Going Commando said:

What??  Don't you need one of those to bend your knee?

It was information from one of Bruce Feldmen's sources on the Athletic. They don't know if Payton Wilson makes it to the 2nd contract, but they would absolutely not re-sign him to one.

4 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

I've always thought it was needed more for Side to side motion.   So I would think it's important for a LB.  

So straight line activities like running are ok,  but playing shortstop or tennis would be a big risk to further injury. 

I know they tell you not to Ski or Ice Skate if you've got a partially torn ACL.

30 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

IOL:

1 - Cooper Beebe
3 - Sedrick Van Pran
4 - Zak Zinter
5 - Christian Haynes
6 - Mason McCormick
7 - Beaux Limmer
8 - Zach Frazier
9 - Christian Mahogany
10 - Kingsley Eguakun

Now where would you stick some guys from OT to IOL if you were forced to do it. Like Barton, Morgan, Rosengarten, etc etc.