Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Payton Wilson (My number one LB)  ****ing 4.44 at hsi size? Dude is an animal. 

With the injuries this guy has had. His tape is SOOO good. I want him at 67.

Kalen Deloach can roll...4.47. I need to go watch more tape. 

Hes a monster but that injury history is scary

• Like 4

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

If someone has great tape, and great measurables, and great intangibles...but poor injury history he'll still go higher than you think.

Sean Lee had the injury concerns and went 33rd overall. He was still injured a lot in the Pro's, but was great when healthy.

Sean Lee didnt have Wilsons injury history though. Although I think Wilsons tape is better than Lee's in college. The guy is a god damn wrecking ball. 

Wilson goes 4.49 to follow it up. Ridiculous.

Trotter looked really good in that drill. But he didnt run. Tells you what you need to know.

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Didn't Sean Lee have a worse knee injury than Wilson? And some other stuff too?

Lee had 2 ACL's. Wilson had an ACL and shoulder. Probably comparable. But again I am a Penn state fan and Wilson was a better college player IMO. 

39 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Edgerin Cooper is bombing the combine so far. Not impressive at all for the guy everyone is saying will be the first LB off the board. 

Not shocked and shocked at the same time. He backed out of the shrine game last minute and was off, but he was better the bigger the game. 

Not everyone tests well. I'm still confused on my top 3 LBers.

48 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Liufau has been disappointing athletically. I expected more....

That's the shock of the day I think.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Honestly that makes Cooper look better than he was today. He was off on all of the drills I watched. Maybe he had a bad day. And KoolBlue liked him when it mattered in games this year. But I was underwhelmed with him today. 

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Honestly that makes Cooper look better than he was today. He was off on all of the drills I watched. Maybe he had a bad day. And KoolBlue liked him when it mattered in games this year. But I was underwhelmed with him today. 

I didn’t watch the drills albiet I noticed he got some praise for them from some 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Fiske had such bad measurements, but he's crushing the athletic testing.

image.png.4c5ffcf15efa9fc4babb0bb2cfb80ebc.png

Impressed at the Senior Bowl too. Faster and quicker than a lot of the smaller DE.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn’t watch the drills albiet I noticed he got some praise for them from some 

Interesting. Maybe I am just straight up wrong. Wouldnt be the first time on a Thursday night. :)

Edit: And I respect Reid a lot. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Give me the freak Wilson injuries and all.  As mentioned earlier Sean Lee had injuries in CFB and played for a long time but was out a bit too but when he played it was lights out. Give me Wilson in the 3rd round.  😉

Edited by RWJ

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Give me the freak Wilson injuries and all.  As mentioned earlier Sean Lee had injuries in CFB and played for a long time but was out a bit too but when he played it was lights out. Give me Wilson in the 3rd round.  

The question is, would you draft Wilson in the 2nd round? Sean Lee only made it to pick #33.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

The question is, would you draft Wilson in the 2nd round? Sean Lee only made it to pick #33.

Respectfully, no.  I'm all in the 3rd though.  We have needs and those needs have to be filled those first 3 picks (as it stands right now).  Maybe we trade our second 2nd rounder or move up with one of them.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Respectfully, no.  I'm all in the 3rd though.  We have needs and those needs have to be filled those first 3 picks (as it stands right now).  Maybe we trade our second 2nd rounder or move up with one of them.  

Stance 1:

- We're rebuilding, needs don't matter. Just acquire talent.

Stance 2:

- Try and compete quickly, hit needs.

Stance 3:

- Draft all offense early, and heavily in FA, to help the new QB out

Which stance do you think you fit into?

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Stance 1:

- We're rebuilding, needs don't matter. Just acquire talent.

Stance 2:

- Try and compete quickly, hit needs.

Stance 3:

- Draft all offense early, and heavily in FA, to help the new QB out

Which stance do you think you fit into?

Stance 4:  Hope Adam Peters has a great draft.  Seriously, I can't be or play GM.  I'm not qualified.  We can all post on this forum our likes, dislikes and players we think will make a difference but it's up to the GM to pick the players, the coaches to coach them up and be ready and the players play their guts out.  Not dodging your question but answering it to the best of my ability.  Can that be respected, I hope?