Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Latu is going to have to learn to use his hands to be as good in the NFL as he was in college.

Also, Brandon Thorn is tripping on that Fuaga projection.

I agree, I would go as far to say Fuaga is a better prospect than Scherff was at the time we took him at 5.

an hour ago

Why Paul is rising on Day 1 of practices

Why Paul is rising on Day 1 of practices

Houston offensive tackle Patrick Paul -- a potential first-round sleeper -- has been the lone offensive line standout throughout the first 60 minutes of the American practice. His measurement of 6-foot-7, 333 pounds with an elite 36 1/4-inch arm length was a great start. Those numbers are ideal for an NFL left tackle.

The length from the tape measure popped in practice, too, but it's his power and ability to anchor that has me excited about Paul. Facing off against Alabama’s Chris Braswell and Missouri’s Darius Robinson in simulated run-blocking drills, Paul was able to anchor and control both players. It’ll be beneficial to see him further in live pass-rushing situations, but he’s an early winner from today’s late practice. -- Miller

2 hours ago

McConkey showcasing his route running

McConkey showcasing his route running

Georgia wide receiver Ladd McConkey has a reputation among scouts as one of the best route runners in the draft class. And he is the best route runner at the Senior Bowl.

Midway through the first American team practice -- the second Senior Bowl practice of the day -- McConkey has been uncoverable. Working in one-on-one drills against cornerbacks, he routinely created space with crafty, speedy footwork off the line of scrimmage. Whether it was against press or soft coverage, McConkey was open on every rep. A top-50 prospect on my board, there’s still room for McConkey to creep into the back end of Round 1. -- Miller

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39395071/senior-bowl-practice-updates-top-2024-nfl-draft-prospects-qbs-risers-buzz

• Like 3