Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Caleb's "character issues" are that he cries and has painted a dumb message on his finger nails for practice.  How do you know that he doesn't work hard and isn't coachable?

Patrick Mahomes has a reputation of being high maintenance.  You don't think he takes a lot of special emotional management from his coaches when he has his tantrums on the sidelines?  Superstar QBs are worth the extra effort that it takes to coach them because they are everyone in an entire franchise's meal ticket.

Absolutely agree here, too. The character stuff has to be vetted by our front office for sure. Peters will. If it’s just that he needs some extra TLC, passing on him would be stupid. That said… if he declares (and it really does look like he’s going to wait until the last second) I don’t think he’s there at 2, regardless if there is any or zero truth to the rumors he doesn’t want to play for Chicago.

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

And yours is overrated.

I know you haven't watched or followed Trevor Lawrence at all.  You are 100% wrong about him.  And I know your terrible takes about him come from the same place as your terrible takes about the QBs in this class: you are hung up on Sam Howell and don't want the team to move on from him.  Well it's going to happen, and I'm going to enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Absolutely agree here, too. The character stuff has to be vetted by our front office for sure. Peters will. If it’s just that he needs some extra TLC, passing on him would be stupid. That said… if he declares (and it really does look like he’s going to wait until the last second) I don’t think he’s there at 2, regardless if there is any or zero truth to the rumors he doesn’t want to play for Chicago.

I’d say he’s nailed on to go #1, if he declares of course.

26 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

And I know your terrible takes about him come from the same place as your terrible takes about the QBs in this class.

Not my argument, but that is unnecessarily patronising. You are the same guy who sees his arse every year when we don’t draft prospect you ‘rate’ ?

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe we get a 2nd for Jonathan Allen. Could see GB giving up one(they have two) since they need defense and veteran leadership.

I do think I'd trade Jonathan Allen for a 2nd. I honestly don't think he would bring that at this point. Does anybody else here think the best he would bring us is a 3rd? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

I do think I'd trade Jonathan Allen for a 2nd. I honestly don't think he would bring that at this point. Does anybody else here think the best he would bring us is a 3rd? 

Probably depends how high/low the trading team is picking in those rounds. He could fetch a low second, or maybe 3rd and 5th say. That kind of value IMO.

17 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I know you haven't watched or followed Trevor Lawrence at all.  You are 100% wrong about him.  And I know your terrible takes about him come from the same place as your terrible takes about the QBs in this class: you are hung up on Sam Howell and don't want the team to move on from him.  Well it's going to happen, and I'm going to enjoy it.

I will say you are almost100% wrong about me. I have watched plenty of Lawarence and some think he is a superstar in the making, I do share that view or as reason why we should take a top 3 QB. Also a reason to get rid of Howell. I am not all Howell, I posted many of times Maye would be the only possible QB I would keep Howell for and that is iffy because of their friendship. I did want us to go with Howell this year instead of the castoffs of other teams. You would have to draft a second tier QB that fits the same as Howell for me to want to keep him. I defend him because he get's bashed often. I have more of a problem with blowing another top pick and if you put Lawerence or Tua out there for proof, I do not get it and cannot see it. Put Herbert, Stroud out there, have you ever seen me post negative about them, no because I would agree.  I am not sold on you have to take a QB at top 3 just look where the top QB's were picked. Atlanta was getting slack for not drafting a QB instead of skill players, look at those 3 drafts, Stroud Is the only hit or Fields later. Falcons still have their 1st rd. pick for this year no.7 maybe it's the year they pick one. I like Harrison jr. as much as the QB's at 3. I against any trade up to no.1. If they pick a QB fine. Trade down I am fine. That's it.  To me they are good takes to you they are not. Opinions that it just like we have choices. 

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am glad a saw a bunch of live Alabama games over the years, it won't be the same without Saban clearly

Just what you said is so true. It will take time and the right HC for Bama to be the powerhouse they were under Saban.  Dude was one heck of a HC.  He will surely be missed. Let's see how the new HC can recruit along with the Bama F.O.  A dynasty has fallen, somewhat as they have taken a BIG hit with the loss of Saban.  

Alright @clskinsfan what you got on WR from Oregon, Troy Frankin?  You in on him?  Give me some feedback! :) 

Love to have Corum.  I still think he's going late 2nd-early 3rd because he'd be 24 his rookie season.  I am not typically hung up on age but RB is an exception for me.  24-27 is often their peak years and then it starts going downhill.   And he's gotten plenty of miles on him in college.

But aside from that, he's local.  High character.  Nice complement to this RB room.

McCarthy declared per Reddit. And I believe everything on Reddit. But it seems legit.

Edit: Oh. I was defeated in this news. Ignore me.

CAM WARD TO THE []_[]!!

Edited by KDawg

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Mayes X Factor is killer consistency. 

To me his X factor is jack of all trades, master of most of them.

As for superpower, 2nd level throws in between the numbers and for a dude that size he can run.  Yes he's not Daniels as a runner but when Daniels gets hit you worry if he's getting back up.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love to have Corum.  I still think he's going late 2nd-early 3rd because he'd be 24 his rookie season.  I am not typically hung up on age but RB is an exception for me.  24-27 is often their peak years and then it starts going downhill.   And he's gotten plenty of miles on him in college.

But aside from that, he's local.  High character.  Nice complement to this RB room.

IMO the age isn’t a huge deal, you just have to understand going in that he's not getting a second contract (which honestly is probably a good philosophy for RBs in general). There’s a lot of RB talent available around round 3 and there’s an argument to be made that you should draft one in that range every 2-3yr, just letting the others walk at the end of their rookie deals. 

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

His burst is like no other in this class, IMO.  When you watch him turn it on, he leaves the crowd.  Local kid from Marshall, VA.  I don't think he makes it out of the late 2nd.  He could but I don't think he does.  My favorite RB in the draft.  My steal is Isaiah Davis, SDSU.  

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Not my argument, but that is unnecessarily patronising. You are the same guy who sees his arse every year when we don’t draft prospect you ‘rate’ ?

Do you feel like you're not getting enough attention?  My advice would be to post a novel observation about a football player if you want to talk and have people listen to you.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Do you feel like you're not getting enough attention?  My advice would be to post a novel observation about a football player if you want to talk and have people listen to you.

You post an accurate one that stands firm in April, then I’ll go next.

4 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I actually just read something this morning where he’s projected a 2nd rounder… but after the combines and private workouts who knows he could spring up or fall back

Harbaugh takes the LA or LV job, he'll go hard after J.J.  JMO.  

• Thumb up 1

Watching DJ on the NFL Network just now go over the power of the TE from the 2023 rookie class was a depressing watch for me.

Laporta, Kincaid, Mayer, Musgrave, Kraft.  All players I loved.  Also heck one of my fav mid to late rounder types Will Mallory emerged towards the end of the season.

Missed opportunity.  This class isn't the same. 

Sanders to me is the 2nd best in this class but I wouldn't take him in the 2nd.  I'd consider Stover and Sinnott in the third but only if they run well.

Late rounders for me right now, Wiley, Nesbit, All.

But I have more to watch.  Right now to me this TE class is average and not special like last year.

41 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

IMO the age isn’t a huge deal, you just have to understand going in that he's not getting a second contract (which honestly is probably a good philosophy for RBs in general). There’s a lot of RB talent available around round 3 and there’s an argument to be made that you should draft one in that range every 2-3yr, just letting the others walk at the end of their rookie deals. 

It's why I'd draft him in the third versus not draft him at all.  Among the RBs, I watched who have some wheels, it would be him, Benson, Lloyd.

Mid to later rounds, Ray Davis, Watson, Irving.