Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

all the defending of Penix the last two pages vs the other two proposed citing being instantly under siege from pass rush with no time to plant or go through his read progressions is fine....but at the same time you can't bash the play of Howell as he was under such conditions all 17 games this season as well as playing behind 20pts at halftime many weeks.  If you think Howell can't be a franchise qb then unsure how you think Penix can.   Sure he has a Vick like wrist flick power throw but he has been missing some wide open looks and receivers that were 6pts to most qbs.  Just be consistent.

I didn't see him last week or this season but color me pretty unimpressed tonight.  OFC after saying this he'll throw 3 tds to win the game in OT.  LOL

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

We need a QB..without one it's just more of the same.

yeah we do. we also need the rest of the team. Trade downs for a qb  later should definatey be considered

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Would be hard to justify after this performance. 

Everyone has their own opinion, I wasn’t even bashing Bailey’s. Simply responding to a post saying that we didn’t have any huge Penix fans here. I think he would qualify, is all. 

Willing to bet Penix would have had a lot of big fans here if he threw for 350 and 3/0 tonight. Chump just said it out loud ahead of time.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know how people watch Corum and don’t see how talented he is. Dude is going to be a player in the NFL. His vision is surreal.

He has a nifty little jump cut as well. Kinda subtle, but it's very effective.

Just now, RabidFan said:

all the defending of Penix the last two pages vs the other two proposed citing being instantly under siege from pass rush with no time to plant or go through his read progressions is fine....but at the same time you can't bash the play of Howell as he was under such conditions all 17 games this season as well as playing behind 20pts at halftime many weeks.  If you think Howell can't be a franchise qb then unsure how you think Penix can.   Sure he has a Vick like wrist flick power throw but he has been missing some wide open looks and receivers that were 6pts to most qbs.  Just be consistent.

I didn't see him last week or this season but color me pretty unimpressed tonight.  OFC after saying this he'll throw 3 tds to win the game in OT.  LOL

No one has defended Penix the last two pages. Dude has been horrid.

He’s getting crushed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Would be hard to justify after this performance. 

Everyone has their own opinion, I wasn’t even bashing Bailey’s. Simply responding to a post saying that we didn’t have any huge Penix fans here. I think he would qualify, is all. 

I am a huge Penix fan. But this is below pedestrian in terms of QB play.  He does not look right to me. Could be the pressure. Could be anything. His passes have been off. His mechanics are bad. He looks wobbly. Usually, he is very accurate. They have played from behind a lot this year.  Anyway, it is disappointing. Probably is going to slip into the 2nd round. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Willing to bet Penix would have had a lot of big fans here if he threw for 350 and 3/0 tonight. Chump just said it out loud ahead of time.

I did too and I still have him ahead of Maye 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dunfer said:

yeah we do. we also need the rest of the team. Trade downs for a qb  later should definatey be considered

None of the lower QB's are worth a crap..you take either of the two top QB's and move on.

• Like 1

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

This isn't even about Penix' skill. He just looks like he's beyond rattled. This is more of a choke (so far) than a comment on his skill set. 

It seems like the stage is just too big tonight. He is missing stuff he hit all year. 

Gotta tip the cap to Michigan defense as well, they came in with a great plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Man, the RT #73 is having a bad night with all of these penalties.

The LT, their best NFL line prospect, has been bad, too. 

To me it looks like Penix has elevated all of them all year. When he was on this year this offense looked absurd. 

Tonight he’s bad and the other guys are playing poorly as well. 

Penix has cooked his draft status tonight.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, bh32 said:

None of the lower QB's are worth a crap..you take either of the two top QB's and move on.

i dont think many agree. we can pick up some extra picks to move out of the maye/daniels discussion. They seem to be as much a crap shoot as any other guy. Hoprfully we hire the right folks to figure it out. 

• Thumb down 2

Just now, KDawg said:

The LT, their best NFL line prospect, has been bad, too. 

To me it looks like Penix has elevated all of them all year. When he was on this year this offense looked absurd. 

Tonight he’s bad and the other guys are playing poorly as well. 

Penix has cooked his draft status tonight.

Falling out of the 2nd round maybe. Really bad game

The main reason I haven't said much about Penix is being a Big 10 guy, I saw him at Indiana and just wasn't that impressed.  

He clearly improved at Washington, but I'd want no part of him as a first rounder.  Second round I'd be fine with.

Edited by Forehead