Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

You must be talking about a different corner of the internet. I don't think this corner here, has ever been that rabid for Penix.

There’s one poster here who has him #2 right now, who stated Penix would jump up to be their #1 QB if he looked the same this week as last week. 

So there’s at least one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But some of you guys are acting like he’s the worst QB to ever walk the planet.

I never said that at all. I just said he stinks. And earlier in the thread I said there is not enough tape on him to grade him. I will say Harbaugh's "best QB in the NCAA" hasnt been trusted enough by him to throw against stacked boxes all night. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think you’re exaggerating how bad McCarthy has been. He’s had a few great passes tonight. His receivers have let him down.

Hes not a world beater. I think that’s obvious and goes without saying. 

But some of you guys are acting like he’s the worst QB to ever walk the planet.

He really hssn't done anything badly. Some of his plays were obviously set screens or quick outs and went nowhere. There was one where it looked like miscommunication. 

When he's allowed to throw it, he's put it where it needs to be. He just isn't asked to do enough.

Maybe his worse play was the last one just because he got tripped. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

You must be talking about a different corner of the internet. I don't think this corner here, has ever been that rabid for Penix.

You missed several posts from the other day saying we should pick him and he's one of the best.   

1 minute ago, Conn said:

There’s one poster here who has him #2 right now, who stated Penix would jump up to be their #1 QB if he looked the same this week as last week. 

So there’s at least one 

I think the fact that he said tonight was the swing makes the statement null and void.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I never said that at all. I just said he stinks. And earlier in the thread I said there is not enough tape on him to grade him. I will say Harbaugh's "best QB in the NCAA" hasnt been trusted enough by him to throw against stacked boxes all night. 

Except he doesn’t stink.

Just now, KDawg said:

I think the fact that he said tonight was the swing makes the statement null and void.

Idk, I’m not in his head. I’d tag him if I remembered exactly who it was. But the statement to me read like he was ready to put him at #1 already and just needed confirmation tonight to give him permission that the hype train was full choo-choo. I could be mischaracterizing though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He really hssn't done anything badly. Some of his plays were obviously set screens or quick outs and went nowhere. There was one where it looked like miscommunication. 

When he's allowed to throw it, he's put it where it needs to be. He just isn't asked to do enough.

Maybe his worse play was the last one just because he got tripped. 

Completely agree. I don’t think you could ever put the ball in his hands and expect him to carry. He doesn’t have that in him. But he’s had a few really nice tight window throws through traffic that are being discounted because of great defensive plays or his receivers forgetting they’re supposed to catch the ball.

He’s a project.

6 hours ago, DWinzit said:

At least he didn't gush over him. 

I'd be happy if none of the new hires and potential new hires gush over any one of the QBs. The last thing we need right now is more telegraphing of plans

it be extra encouraging to think they are exploring moves outside of qbs....digging deeper than the rest of us

• Thumb down 1

Just now, dunfer said:

it be extra encouraging to think they are exploring moves outside of qbs....digging deeper than the rest of us

We need a QB..without one it's just more of the same.

Just now, Conn said:

Idk, I’m not in his head. I’d tag him if I remembered exactly who it was. But the statement to me read like he was ready to put him at #1 already and just needed confirmation tonight to give him permission that the hype train was full choo-choo. I could be mischaracterizing though 

It was chump Bailey, and I think you’re mischaracterizing. He said if he plays as well tonight as he did last week he’d be his QB1.

And if he did pull that off it would have been hard to deny that. I wouldn’t have put him at 1, but 2 is realistic.

Buuuut… he hasn’t repeated that and he’s looked bad. So… I’d be willing to bet Chump won’t have him 1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It was chump Bailey, and I think you’re mischaracterizing. He said if he plays as well tonight as he did last week he’d be his QB1.

And if he did pull that off it would have been hard to deny that. I wouldn’t have put him at 1, but 2 is realistic.

Buuuut… he hasn’t repeated that and he’s looked bad. So… I’d be willing to bet Chump won’t have him 1

Would be hard to justify after this performance. 

Everyone has their own opinion, I wasn’t even bashing Bailey’s. Simply responding to a post saying that we didn’t have any huge Penix fans here. I think he would qualify, is all.