Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Funny because that game is kind of a double whammy. If you still have playoff hopes, Vikings losing helps in that regard as well.

I had playoff hopes heading into Seattle, assuming wins last week and this week would have pushed us to 6-5. Now, those aspirations are all but dead. But yes, take your point that it's a funny/ironic wrinkle.

33 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Honestly hope we lose out, I am sick of this trash team. Jets is the only game where we might be favored, and that is on the road. Rams we will be +3 or something. 

Gonna be honest I think jets beat us. There defense is going keep them in the game and unless Del Rio leaves than who ever the qb is will get guys loose . No one on this team can cover Garret .

7 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Gonna be honest I think jets beat us. There defense is going keep them in the game and unless Del Rio leaves than who ever the qb is will get guys loose . No one on this team can cover Garret .

I tend to agree with you, but Garrett Wilson has been mediocre this year, I know cuz he is on my fantasy squad haha. Look at his stat line today. Plus he has a messed up arm right now.

The fact that they have one of the worst QBs on the league helps. But yes the Jets defense is leagues ahead of ours. We could easily lose that game.

Bottom line is we can't have Rivera and whatever clown team of scouts evaluating talent and drafting anymore. Their track record is garbage. Don't need any more Phidarian Mathis type players on this team. 

• Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I tend to agree with you, but Garrett Wilson has been mediocre this year, I know cuz he is on my fantasy squad haha. Look at his stat line today. Plus he has a messed up arm right now.

The fact that they have one of the worst QBs on the league helps. But yes the Jets defense is leagues ahead of ours. We could easily lose that game.

Bottom line is we can't have Rivera and whatever clown team of scouts evaluating talent and drafting anymore. Their track record is garbage. Don't need any more Phidarian Mathis type players on this team. 

Idk man lol it just  feels like every teams wideout has had a career game against us .

1000. agree on the Ron Rivera take 

Edited by Commander202

I know there will be various takes on 'tanking', personally I'm of the opinion we need to lose out from here.

If we are in the top 5 and a new GM / HC comes in and wants to move up a little further to get Williams / Maye, do it. Im not anti Sam I think he's good, but good aint elite and if endless amount of terrible QB over decades has proven, if you ain't got the guy, you ain't contending.

Looking purely at position this could be a pivotal week:

Pats @ Giants

Panthers @ Titans

Looking at those picking higher than us the following fixtures stand out:

Packers @ Giants

Panthers @ Buccs

Falcons @ Panthers

Packers @ Panthers

Falcons @ Bears

Cardinals @ Bears

Packers and Falcons should consolidate themselves by winning 1 or 2 more, I think the Giants have got 1 or 2 more in them and the Titans minimum 1. Cardinals with Murray back could pick up a couple. If we lose the rest of our games there's a solid chance we could be top 4.

3 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I know there will be various takes on 'tanking', personally I'm of the opinion we need to lose out from here.

If we are in the top 5 and a new GM / HC comes in and wants to move up a little further to get Williams / Maye, do it. Im not anti Sam I think he's good, but good aint elite and if endless amount of terrible QB over decades has proven, if you ain't got the guy, you ain't contending.

What about their play this year suggests Williams or Maye are elite?

They definitely have talent, I can't disagree there. They are physically more gifted than Sam... but are their performances good enough to warrant replacing one of the only decent starters on the roster and neglecting other spots?

Now, if you're top 2 you almost have to do it. But if they fall to 5 and we're there... The better play is trading back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I think we’ll trade back. Isn’t that the new analytics guys line. Trade back in the first, add a couple more picks on day 2.

Could probably end up with 8 picks in the top 100.

I sure wish we took this approach instead of taking Chase in 2020. We could have added a number of solid players in place of him. At the time we had a dearth in roster talent. Well, we still have a dearth in talent. 

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

What about their play this year suggests Williams or Maye are elite?

They definitely have talent, I can't disagree there. They are physically more gifted than Sam... but are their performances good enough to warrant replacing one of the only decent starters on the roster and neglecting other spots?

Now, if you're top 2 you almost have to do it. But if they fall to 5 and we're there... The better play is trading back. 

As iv said elsewhere on the forum, it's less about definitely being in or out on Sam, it's more about empowering any new GM / HC combination to make that decision rather than having the blinkers on and effectively only hiring staff that are willing to work with Sam only.

If the new staff want to make a run at Williams or Maye, then I hope ownership back them as much as they can.

• Like 1

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

As iv said elsewhere on the forum, it's less about definitely being in or out on Sam, it's more about empowering any new GM / HC combination to make that decision rather than having the blinkers on and effectively only hiring staff that are willing to work with Sam only.

If the new staff want to make a run at Williams or Maye, then I hope ownership back them as much as they can.

I think this is obvious, though, right?

The counter argument is: If the new regime wants Sam, I hope ownership backs them as much as they can. 

10 hours ago, Ball Security said:

It looks like the players change later and they change the team slots in real time. Turner has stayed at seventh since their last mock. If that makes sense.

If you select the board tab,  that big board matches almost exactly,  so what you say makes sense.   

8 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Denver beating Minnesota to climb back to .500 after losing to us Week 2 is excellent for our draft position.

Minnesota needs to make a permanent change and hand the running game over to my man Ty Chandler - but yes, I am happy our draft position may have improved. I would have liked to have seen a Ty Chandler and Sam Howell reunion and take over the Gibson role for us. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think this is obvious, though, right?

The counter argument is: If the new regime wants Sam, I hope ownership backs them as much as they can. 

You'd think but that hasn't been the case in this franchise for some time. Say what we will about Ron, he didn't really have the option to draft Justin Herbert as Dan wanted Haskins to be given a chance. It's important this ownership doesn't make the same mistake and hire a GM / HC based on their feelings on Howell rather than their own ability to build a contending roster.

I wouldn't say I'm arguing for them to move on from Sam, as you say whatever the new staff want they just have to be backed as best they can from ownership and if that's with Sam great, if not I wont be too cut up either.

Trading down sounds good and all but if you have a shot at Harrison jr. or one of the blue chip Ts you take him. This team has NO blue chip talent. Not one guy who you can argue is the best in the league at his position or even top 3(except Tress Way of course, god bless the GOAT).

The trade down in 2022 was nice, but we passed up on studs like Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis, and Chris Olave to take Jahan Dotson who catches like two passes a game and drops more than that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Trading down sounds good and all but if you have a shot at Harrison jr. or one of the blue chip Ts you take him. This team has NO blue chip talent. Not one guy who you can argue is the best in the league at his position or even top 3(except Tress Way of course, god bless the GOAT).

The trade down in 2022 was nice, but we passed up on studs like Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis, and Chris Olave to take Jahan Dotson who catches like two passes a game and drops more than that.

We also wound up with Howell and Robinson because of that trade back.

• Like 1