Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I agree. We aren't trading any of them because they are relying on them. But I have hated the team building strategies this team has employed for years. 

I don't expect any rocking the boat from new owners this summer.   A slow start and a new gm could change that for trade deadline.  

People talk of sixers and devils tanking under Harris ownership and developing new paths.  I could see that employed with another season that starts poorly. 

Edit: this probably doesn't belong here since it would be about 2024 picks and things that haven't happened.   So I'll leave it be otherwise. 

Edited by CommDownMan

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Allen is a dark horse in that TE group. I really like a lot of the TEs.

Still hoping for Hunter or Willis for FB in the 6th.

I was realy high on Allen until the combine. 

He's in that Michael mayer brand of TE. Y-TE.  Physical contested catch guy, can block.

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I like kuntz of all those

Kuntz would be my 2nd favorite in that group left.  i'd like him.  i suspect he'd be their top one left considering his similarites to Musgrave who they supposedly loved.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Without trading and finishing the PFN Mock from the 4th on this is what I did:

• WAS
    Emmanuel Forbes
    CB Mississippi State

• WAS
    Jartavius Martin
    CB Illinois

• WAS
    Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas

• WAS
    Blake Freeland
    OT BYU

• WAS
    Tanner McKee
    QB Stanford

• WAS
    Ali Gaye
    EDGE LSU

• WAS
    Shaka Heyward
    LB Duke

• WAS
    Chris Rodriguez Jr.
    RB Kentucky

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Marrying need a little with BPA. Chandler Zavala but that post below feels like Mafi a round or two later

I was going to say Mafi.  That's who I think it is and, in a post, long, long ago in this thread in a time far, far away I posted him as a wildcard to watch for.  I am not boasting by any means.  Seriously.  SIP, I like Zavala a lot but I you know I am hoping for Freeland in the 4th.  Doubt they have him on their radar but hey at this point if Dawand is still available I said I's spend a 6th on him, I'd up the ante to a 5th now.  A 4th is too rich for me.    

Something else people aren’t mentioning in “the rise of the NFL Draft as a hot ticket  live event” is that the NFL, by becoming more like college football in their schemes, is much more welcoming to rookies now than even 15-20 years ago. Rookies regularly make an instant impact now. Fantasy football is part of it as well. Sure, the draft guru thing is fine, but most people who are hardcore think a lot of them are full of **** and only respect a few for actually putting the work in. The reality is that the huge media and social media apparatus that has grown up around the NFL Draft as an A-level event is enabled by the NFL being more young player friendly—due to many rules, coaching, and schematic changes. Even salary cap changes, the rookie wage scale has also incentivized the league to get value out of their younger, less experienced labor. It all works together. But it’s not just the Mel Kiper types and their rise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I was going to say Mafi.  That's who I think it is and, in a post, long, long ago in this thread in a time far, far away I posted him as a wildcard to watch for.  I am not boasting by any means.  Seriously.  SIP, I like Zavala a lot but I you know I am hoping for Freeland in the 4th.  Doubt they have him on their radar but hey at this point if Dawand is still available I said I's spend a 6th on him, I'd up the ante to a 5th now.  A 4th is too rich for me.    

Freeland is one of those players I have a hard time figuing out -- boom-bust,  good athlete for his size but plays high without much bend as to sinking his hips -- wonder if he can get bull rushed to death in the NFL?  But his metrics are intriguing.

the other one aside from Mafi going later in this draft is likely Sow, i think I low Sow better.  I wouldn't hate either one unless they took them now.

• Haha 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Freeland is one of those players I hsave a hard time figuing out -- boom-bust,  good athlete for his size but plays high without much bend as to sinking his hips -- wonder if he can get bull rushed to death in the NFL?  But his metrics are intriguing.

the other one aside from Mafi going later in this draft is likely Sow, i think I low Sow better.  I wouldn't hate either one unless they took them now.

I gotcha ya! :)

25 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Not a dig at you or rex but a reminder that this is a football only forum. I am very strict about it.

I apologize and thank you for the warning, Jumbo.  Much appreciate your work and participation.  

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Marrying need a little with BPA. Chandler Zavala but that post below feels like Mafi a round or two later

Reading this again and Keim saying "But yes you wouldn’t bypass a top LT."  What do you think he means?  Is he referring to Dawand or possibly Freeland.  ESPN has them rated #1, Dawand by a mile, then Freeland.   Thoughts, SIP.  

It’s the 4th round. Give me Dawand Jones. Plays a premium position, a position of need and has first round upside. I’d take a swing at that in the 4th. It feels like the Morgan Moses situation, a guy we all wanted at a higher slot that we took lower and was a great value. 

Going outside TE and RB which I already discussed a lot

Some of my favs left, Brayden Willis (FB-HB), Lupeke (FB) -- feels early for both.

Haener would be fun here.  A little early for Tune.

Edge:  McGuire is one of my favs, almost made my guys list.  Adebawore is a freak but never watched him,  Horton.   KJ Henry.

LB:  Pace. S. Dennis.  Herbig   There are so biggish other names left but I didn't watch them.  ESPN has To'o To'o ranked next but I am not big on him.

Assuming CB and safety are out. 

If they fish deeper at OT:  Warren

G:  Zavala, Saldiveri, Daniels, Sow.  OK with Mafi but not until the 6th.  Bradford is boom-bust but if they take him they would be intrigued so in turn I'd be intrigued.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It’s the 4th round. Give me Dawand Jones. Plays a premium position, a position of need and has first round upside. I’d take a swing at that in the 4th. It feels like the Morgan Moses situation, a guy we all wanted at a higher slot that we took lower and was a great value. 

I use a 5th but not a 4th.  Just me.  Trying to decode what Keim said in his last tweet about LT it may be Dawand but I'd want someone w/o so many questions, thus the 5th instead of a 4th.   

Edited by RWJ

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Reading this again and Keim saying "But yes you wouldn’t bypass a top LT."  What do you think he means?  Is he referring to Dawand or possibly Freeland.  ESPN has them rated #1, Dawand by a mile, then Freeland.   Thoughts, SIP.  

The way i took it he was telling the fan who was pushing LT -- he doesn't think they got one on the board left they love

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Some here, me included, weeks before wanted him in the first round.  So in a vacuum him in the 4th is beyond a steal -- but there are off the field concerns about him that have seeped into his fall in the draft.  Morgan Moses, who went in the third, was high character.

• Like 1