Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2023

Cooked Crack

i voted earlier and curious how the VA legislature plays out. I'm just thankful those ****ing ads won't spam the airwaves anymore. we got so many russet perry and segura ads it was so bad here. even during Redskins games they'd play.

any of them is now an autoskip.

i get trying to win a race but why do the ads have to be so grim and scary. like you're trying to terrify people into voting for your dude or girl. Come on. Why can't we have funny or honest political ads.

The Trone ones are the best because he never attacks anyone, just states his position and says to vote for him. Good.

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

This thread was so needed last night. 

The Dems should run on the right to choose for the next year. 

Right to choose, birth control, and voting rights for women are the huge freedom ideas for next year! It's worked ever since the supremes took down Roe v. Wade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I just don't understand how poor the republicans are at getting their message out and getting people to the polls.  Kentucky should have been a slam dunk.  I also find it hard to believe that abortion is the hill that everyone on both sides is willing to die on(no pun intended).  With the state of the economy, being drawn into two wars, and the mess at the border, the democrats have been very effective at making abortion the number one issue.  Or conversely, the republicans have been completely inept at making the other issues the priority. Totally mind boggling to me.

5 minutes ago, MintHillSkinsFan said:

I just don't understand how poor the republicans are at getting their message out and getting people to the polls.  Kentucky should have been a slam dunk.  I also find it hard to believe that abortion is the hill that everyone on both sides is willing to die on(no pun intended).  With the state of the economy, being drawn into two wars, and the mess at the border, the democrats have been very effective at making abortion the number one issue.  Or conversely, the republicans have been completely inept at making the other issues the priority. Totally mind boggling to me.

What is the Republicans message? Two years ago they won an election on CRT.

7 minutes ago, MintHillSkinsFan said:

It’s almost as if decades of Fox talking points have scrambled their tiny, racist brains.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, MintHillSkinsFan said:

Well, telling me eggs are $8 and I go to the store and they are less than half of that. Telling me gas is $5 and it's under $3 now. I have no memory in decades of the GOP leaving the economy in better shape than they inherit it. All they do is cut taxes mostly for those who need it least. Then with less money, they still spend into debt on things I don't see every day. The pothole doesn't get fixed by them. They don't innovate or develop for the future. 

What else do they promise? Tax cuts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, MintHillSkinsFan said:

I just don't understand how poor the republicans are at getting their message out and getting people to the polls.  Kentucky should have been a slam dunk.  I also find it hard to believe that abortion is the hill that everyone on both sides is willing to die on(no pun intended).  With the state of the economy, being drawn into two wars, and the mess at the border, ...

Looks to me like the GOP talking points have been getting out just fine. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Anyone else remember this from April?...Anyone else remember how we all pretty much hoped Republicans would follow her advice? lol..

RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel: 2024 GOP candidates must tackle abortion 'head on'

Ronna McDaniel, chair of the Republican National Committee, said Sunday that Republicans running in the 2024 presidential election cycle must tackle the issue of abortion access “head-on," noting that many GOP candidates did not in the 2022 midterms.

McDaniel urged Republicans to take a hardline stance against abortion access. “Put them on the defensive and articulate where you stand, and that’s going to be the critical message we have to get out before 2024,” she said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/ronna-mcdaniel-2024-gop-candidates-must-tackle-abortion-head-rcna82152

• Like 2
  • Confused 1