Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I never said anything about tanking…essentially I’m saying after so many years of emotional abuse it’s hard to get excited, maybe if they win vs Houston I’ll buy my first class ticket on the banwagon instead of way back in economy next to the toilet

No you said there’s no long term answer for the most important position on the field. 

Let me know when we get the next Josh Allen okay…

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I never said anything about tanking…essentially I’m saying after so many years of emotional abuse it’s hard to get excited, maybe if they win vs Houston I’ll buy my first class ticket on the banwagon instead of way back in economy next to the toilet

Didn't you hear? Dan is selling the team 

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

I don’t disagree with any of this.  Just saying good luck getting that recipe to translate to scoreboard success very often in 2022.

I agree, which is why I wanted them to get a real QB and throw the ball 40 times a game in the off-season.

But that's not what we have.  So, shrug, we'll have to play 1950's football and hope it works.

At least @TradeTheBeal! will be happy with all the running.  And that's something, right? 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

You can’t run it 50 times for a buck fifty and win very often.

49 for a buck fifty-two, buddy.  Get it right.  And 211 moxie yards in the passing game.  Somewhere, a football narrator with a deep, gravelly voice, smiles from the eternal gridiron as the Washington Commanders banged their way down the throats of their NFC East rivals 49 times and played opportunistic defense, ripping the ball away at just the right time.  DA-da-da-da-da-DA  [insert tympanies, triangles, and flutes]  And Taylor Heinecke showed why he is the phi beta kappa of NFL quarterbacks by smartly inducing one of the dumbest roughing the passer penalties ever captured on film.

Edited by Dark Acre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

It worked great tonight.  If you take tonight’s formula and production, run it out 100 times, it probably works out this well like 10 or 15 of the times.

Thems not good odds.

Enjoy the win, I’m all for it.  Just saying, its not like the running game was better than “meh”.  It just happened to be timely.

You can’t run it 50 times for a buck fifty and win very often.

The 82 and 83 teams did it with Riggo grinding out 3 yards a run. Theisman was not Joe Montana but did enough behind a strong positive run game and strong defense to take us to 2 Bowls.

Sure the NFL is different today and not saying we are gonna win it all but it needs to be our identity to win ball games right now. 

Just now, Dark Acre said:

49 for a buck fifty-two, buddy.  Get it right.  And 211 moxie yards in the passing game.  Somewhere, a football narrator with a deep, gravelly voice, smiles from the eternal gridiron as the Washington Commanders banged their way down the throats of their NFC East rivals 49 times and played opportunistic defense, ripping the ball away at just the right time.  Da-da-da-da-da  [insert tympanies, triangles, and flutes]  And Taylor Heinecke showed why he is the phi beta kappa of NFL quarterbacks by smartly inducing one of the dumbest roughing the passer penalties ever captured on film.

HAHAHAHA this is perfection.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

The 82 and 83 teams did it with Riggo grinding out 3 yards a run. Theisman was not Joe Montana but did enough behind a strong positive run game and strong defense to take us to 2 Bowls.

Sure the NFL is different today and not saying we are gonna win it all but it needs to be our identity to win ball games right now. 

That was literally 40 years ago. I get what you're saying, and I think you're correct that the way for us to win with TH is to run as much as possible, but it's not a recipe for long term success in the modern NFL. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

At least @TradeTheBeal! will be happy with all the running.  And that's something, right? 

Or me. ;)

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That was literally 40 years ago. I get what you're saying, and I think you're correct that the way for us to win with TH is to run as much as possible, but it's not a recipe for long term success in the modern NFL. 

We just knocked the snot out of the Eagles in the modern NFL tonight. :)

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

49 for a buck fifty-two, buddy.  Get it right.  And 211 moxie yards in the passing game.  Somewhere, a football narrator with a deep, gravelly voice, smiles from the eternal gridiron as the Washington Commanders banged their way down the throats of their NFC East rivals 49 times and played opportunistic defense, ripping the ball away at just the right time.  DA-da-da-da-da-DA  [insert tympanies, triangles, and flutes]  And Taylor Heinecke showed why he is the phi beta kappa of NFL quarterbacks by smartly inducing one of the dumbest roughing the passer penalties ever captured on film.

I love this. Not sure I've ever seen "tympanies" in written form before. 

Edited by duffy

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Didn't you say running the ball 40 years ago is not the same as in today's NFL? 

He said that you can't get long term success out of tonight's gameplan these days. Which is right. This is one game out of 17. We and many other teams would be doing it every week if it worked for an entire season.

Edited by NickyJ