Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I did not think of that part in bold, that's true...then again, in the last games of each of the last two seasons we played teams that had nothing to play for, and both times those teams made decisions that more or less said "**** it" to winning and we won lol...Eagles put in Sudfeld to replace Hurts, and the Giants ran a QB sneak on 3rd and 9 from their 4 yard line--in the 2nd quarter lol. So maybe the trend continues...

Browns made a controversial and costly move to trade for Watson. They NEED this to work out well for them and if he ended strong it would let the org breathe a bit more easily in off season. And they don’t have their first round pick so incentive there either. 

4 minutes ago, kleese said:

Browns made a controversial and costly move to trade for Watson. They NEED this to work out well for them and if he ended strong it would let the org breathe a bit more easily in off season. And they don’t have their first round pick so incentive there either. 

I kinda look at it as the Browns are tied to Watson no matter how he plays over the next two weeks. They won't be wondering if they should trade him or draft a QB in the 2nd round...and he's already proved he's good, just needs more time after being away for so long. He'll have all offseason to keep getting himself acclimated to the offense and his teammates. Him getting injured would delay all of that. So it might play a role in things as well.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

36 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

This seems like a DM conversation not a playoff thread one

Fair enough I deleted my response to him. 

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

I read earlier that no player in the NFL listed as doubtful has played this year. He ain't playing

Agree, oh well.  Hopefully Minshew is hyper motivated and plays at his best with FA looming for him

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Crap.  Go Minshew. 

I don't think the Browns game is slam dunk.  But if they get through it, I hate the odds versus Dallas the week after if its them playing for the division. 

Also have to understand that the Eagles ALSO must lose to Giants in week 18 in order for Dallas to win division. And if Giants win this week, they clinch and have nothing to play for week 18– as a matter of fact, if they beat the Colts they may PREFER to lose week 18 if it sends them to Minny potentially as opposed to SF. 

Dallas needs a lot more help than just one Eagles loss here. But yes, they would sort of be obligated to try week 18 if the Saints win this week. 

11 minutes ago, kleese said:

Dallas needs a lot more help than just one Eagles loss here. But yes, they would sort of be obligated to try week 18 if the Saints win this week. 

I think most of us are looking at it from a Commanders perspective. Assuming we beat the Browns, if the Eagles lose to the Saints, week 18 becomes much harder. 

25 minutes ago, kleese said:

Also have to understand that the Eagles ALSO must lose to Giants in week 18 in order for Dallas to win division. And if Giants win this week, they clinch and have nothing to play for week 18– as a matter of fact, if they beat the Colts they may PREFER to lose week 18 if it sends them to Minny potentially as opposed to SF. 

I guess if they staggered the games with the Eagles-Giants game coming first that Sunday, 1 pm, and the Commanders-Dallas game goes to 4 or Sunday Night that would be helpful assuming the Eagles of course beat the Giants.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess if they staggered the games with the Eagles-Giants game coming first that Sunday, 1 pm, and the Commanders-Dallas game goes to 4 or Sunday Night that would be helpful assuming the Eagles of course beat the Giants.

They will not do that. Have set it up to make sure the scenarios align on schedule for the past 15 years or so. 

No doubt if Saints beat Philly, Dallas is sort of then obligated to take week 18 seriously, but they will also know their odds are still slim— and it’s possible by halftime of our game or something they would see Eagles comfortably ahead or something like that. 

Edited by kleese

8 minutes ago, kleese said:

They will not do that. Have set it up to make sure the scenarios align on schedule for the past 15 years or so. 

No doubt if Saints beat Philly, Dallas is sort of then obligated to take week 18 seriously, but they will also know their odds are still slim— and it’s possible by halftime of our game or something they would see Eagles comfortably ahead or something like that. 

You are right recalling similar scenarios over the years the teams tend to play at the same time and you scoreboard watch. 

6 hours ago, samy316 said:

Why?  At full strength they would wipe the floor with us.  I'm glad they're banged up.  I don't give a damn how we get into the playoffs, just as long as we get there, that's fine with me.  Dallas is the WORST matchup in the NFC for us after SF.  I'm rooting hard for an Eagles win on Sunday against the Saints.  That would mean that Dallas would rest most of their starters, especially the starters that are banged up.  Apparently, Dak hyper-extended his knee last night, so it would be great if he could get some rest next week if Philly clinches the NFCE and the #1 seed.

I'm not upset at rooting for opposing starters to be out, in order to benefit from that.  We want to face the Vikings in the playoffs, so I'm going to root like hell for MIN to get that #2 seed.  Don't want a rematch with SF, with Deebo Samuel returning.

I'm always for the path of LEAST resistance.  I would love a TB Vs. WSH NFC Championship game.  That would mean that the elite teams are gone, and we would have a shot at the Super Bowl.

And I would be at that game!  

16 hours ago, samy316 said:

Sorry, I don’t give a damn about style points.  If an opponent’s at full strength, then whatever, but if they’re not, I’m not going to be broken up over it.  I don’t give a crap how we win, as long as we WIN.  They don’t give extra credit for beating teams at full strength.  If we beat their backups, I’m going to cheer just as hard as if we beat their starters at full strength.  If it makes our path a little easier, then all the better.

It's not that I don't agree with the desire to make the playoffs at all costs and also wanting to get the easiest path I just think it's something you think but don't speak.

If the situations were reversed and I went to the cowboys message board and they were all like please dear God let them sit their starters or they'll kick our asses I'm not sure I'd even bother rubbing it in.

Edited by redskinss

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

It's not that I don't agree with the desire to make the playoffs at all costs and also wanting to get the easiest path I just think it's something you think but don't speak.

If the situations were reversed and I went to the cowboys message board and they were all like please dear God let them sit their starters or they'll kick our asses I'm not sure I'd even bother rubbing it in.

That’s a good point.  I just think the Cowboys are a nightmare matchup for our depleted O-Line and statue QB Carson Wentz.  The Cowboys also have one of the better offenses in the NFL, so we would have to hold them to 21 PTS or less in order to have a chance, but they score with such ease that it would take a super-human effort on the defensive side of the ball to keep the game from being a rout.  They’re the LAST team I’d want to play at full strength, with the season on the line.  So yes, for one week I’d be rooting like crazy for them to be sitting their starters, so that we have a better chance at entering the dance.

Now, the playoffs are a different story.  If we have to face them if we win a game or two in the playoffs (if we can even get there), then I’d be singing a different tune.

• Like 1